***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, look at this fit....

I see an enterprising young man,
with a thriving social media business selling t shirts to idiots.

you see an uncle tom, I see young brother to link and build with. :lol:

1614653443436.png

homeboy out here selling white privilege cards to white people.

on some level i kinda respect it. :lol:

that's some "sell ice to eskimos, sell fire in hell" kind of hustling.

I obviously could never debase myself like this candace owen types and this instagram uncle tom merch seller.

but it's never surprising. there are millions of black people.

all it takes is

-no self respect
- no shame
-an insatiable desire for fame and riches.
and like semi decent public speaking skills

and some random conservative billionaire will shower you with riches.

2021 Seems like a real step back in time for Southern states.

definitely a fork in the road...society doesn't have to be structured any particular way.

...yaknow, truly grasping different societal standards and everyday expectations around our world makes me realize that every episode of "Black Mirror" could have taken place in the same universe, sure why tf not?

I see an enterprising young man,
with a thriving social media business selling t shirts to idiots.

you see an uncle tom, I see young brother to link and build with. :lol:

1614653443436.png

homeboy out here selling white privilege cards to white people.

on some level i kinda respect it. :lol:

that's some "sell ice to eskimos, sell fire in hell" kind of hustling.
My wife said she saw something about a young Black kid selling "n word passes" to his classmates a couple days ago; might be dude's little brother.

I obviously could never debase myself like this candace owen types and this instagram uncle tom merch seller.

but it's never surprising. there are millions of black people.

all it takes is

-no self respect
- no shame
-an insatiable desire for fame and riches.
and like semi decent public speaking skills

and some random conservative billionaire will shower you with riches.
One of the most impactful few pages I’ve ever read was Richard Wright’s account in Black Boy of Shorty, an elevator operator who charges white passengers a quarter to kick him.

How in God’s name can you do that?
I needed a quarter, and I got it.
But a quarter can’t pay you for what he did to you.
. . . My *** is tough and quarters is scarce.

More than. a quarter century later and, aside from his selfishness, I’m still not sure exactly how I feel about Shorty.

I hate not to be 100% on the side of women in this situation, and I believe most or all of what they're saying, but it's not clear to me that these accusations against Gov Cuomo rise to the level of requiring resignation.

Part of this is a knee-jerk reaction because libs always freely take out their own while conservatives let their people get away with the most egregious of acts, so I automatically want to defend libs accused of wrongdoing (within reason, of course).

I read the NYT story and it seems like at least some of the things were likely innocent but taken the wrong way. At the same time, somebody in that position needs to be aware of how their power imbalance can affect things. That said, I didn't see anything that rose to the level of trading a promotion for a relationship or withholding a promotion as punishment, for example, although of course the subordinate may have understood the interactions to be of that kind, which is why Cuomo should've known better.

An investigation seems to be the right move unless more comes out that moves this more firmly into a "resign now" situation.

I hate not to be 100% on the side of women in this situation, and I believe most or all of what they're saying, but it's not clear to me that these accusations against Gov Cuomo rise to the level of requiring resignation.

Part of this is a knee-jerk reaction because libs always freely take out their own while conservatives let their people get away with the most egregious of acts, so I automatically want to defend libs accused of wrongdoing (within reason, of course).

I read the NYT story and it seems like at least some of the things were likely innocent but taken the wrong way. At the same time, somebody in that position needs to be aware of how their power imbalance can affect things. That said, I didn't see anything that rose to the level of trading a promotion for a relationship or withholding a promotion as punishment, for example, although of course the subordinate may have understood the interactions to be of that kind, which is why Cuomo should've known better.

An investigation seems to be the right move unless more comes out that moves this more firmly into a "resign now" situation.
Yeah Ted Cruz just skated on Texas and on a clearly resignable faux pas.

I hate this man

Dems need to get their house in order. This being tied to the voting rights act and other pressure might change Manchin’s mind. Might have to promise some pork bills too to help his state.

When the Remy’s in the system / ain’t too telling ....

No I take that back there is definitely some telling going on lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom