***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I swear Yang is going to take a flick at Foot Locker, lacing up some Lugz but talking about “I wear Timbs like a real New Yorker. Yaaaagggg!” I’m just waiting for him to do a “Bodegas are our friends” sequel video with Taylor “All Back” Swift

Yang knows damn well he don't ride the train. Stop pandering man, you aint gotta prove to us how much of an average NYer you are, we know you're not. That's ok. Won't be the first millionaire mayor we've ever had.

everybody that runs for nyc mayor has a mandatory train photo op. billionaire mike made a photo op out of it every day

Someone wanna explain the restriction of providing food and drinks to voters waiting in line?

There's gotta be an argument being made behind that, and I'm sure it's terrible.

Someone wanna explain the restriction of providing food and drinks to voters waiting in line?

There's gotta be an argument being made behind that, and I'm sure it's terrible.
The majority of black counties usually have fewer places to vote per capita than whiter counties

So there are places where people have to wait 3, 5, 8, or even longer to vote.

The logic is is that the longer it takes to vote, the more people on the margin give up on it after a while A lot of people just give up after a few hours because they are hungry or tired

So voter rights activists would bring chairs, food, and drinks to give to people in line as a way to keep their spirits up so they won't leave.

So now Republicans want to ban them from doing this, so when they reduce polling stations in black neighborhoods, and the lines last hours, people will be more inclined to give up and go home.

The majority of black counties usually have fewer places to vote per capita than whiter counties

So there are places where people have to wait 3, 5, 8, or even longer to vote.

The logic is is that the longer it takes to vote, the more people on the margin give up on it after a while A lot of people just give up after a few hours because they are hungry or tired

So voter rights activists would bring chairs, food, and drinks to give to people in line as a way to keep their spirits up so they won't leave.

So now Republicans want to ban them from doing this, so when they reduce polling stations in black neighborhoods, and the lines last hours, people will be more inclined to give up and go home.
So is the flipside of this that these activists are somehow "buying" votes with snacks and drinks? That's more what I'm getting at.

Back
Top Bottom