***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Crashing a tractor > burning your restaurant down. But apparently these suits are trained in peasant work, so that’s a plus.
One of the worse things about talking to white-collar workers about blue-collar work is how some office people swear that blue-collar workers are a) Lazy b) have it easy

But let one of them try to do some blue-collar jobs, and this is them before lunch even hits...
MS1_on_stretcher.jpg

One of the worse things about talking to white-collar workers about blue-collar work is how some office people swear that blue-collar workers are a) Lazy b) have it easy

But let one of them try to do some blue-collar jobs, and this is them before lunch even hits...
MS1_on_stretcher.jpg
They swear that executive:worker salary disparities are justified by their importance to the company and the relative “value” each creates.

And yet, if the CMO takes a two week vacation, somehow nobody from the line has to fill in for them.

Some of these white collars would be shocked to learn how much some "non skilled" workers are making. Talked to a dude last week who was making 100K + driving a truck.

Hope these minimum wage jobs never find enough replacement workers. Lots of people figured out new ways to supplement their lousy income they had at these places. Those poeple ain't ever going back.

Those crazy Dem were trying to save humanity from the absolute worse of what climate change will bring, save the economy from trillions in loses, and protect consumers from price shocks in the energy sector

Thank god a hero should up to stop them, and that man is of course..............JOEYYYYYYYYYYYY MANCHINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the one thing that even many conservative economists said is probably important to pass is getting cut. :smh: :lol:

Manchin is truly a POS

Those crazy Dem were trying to save humanity from the absolute worse of what climate change will bring, save the economy from trillions in loses, and protect consumers from price shocks in the energy sector

Thank god a hero should up to stop them, and that man is of course..............JOEYYYYYYYYYYYY MANCHINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the one thing that even many conservative economists said is probably important to pass is getting cut. :smh: :lol:

Manchin is truly a POS

I guess this means the EV credits probably aren’t happening

And again, you nor I will feel the absolute worst of a GOP majority, so am I not gonna sacrifice people out of frustration with centrist

We are in complete agreement. Short-term greedy, a GOP takeover probably benefits my net worth, but I’d rather not see vulnerable people suffer.

But as much as I agree with you, I’m starting to lose hope that this country will prevent the right from burning it all down.

I know a researcher at AT&T who had to go get trained in forklifts during the last strike. He thoroughly enjoyed himself, but never had production metrics to hit

I'm in finance b. I'm not about to roll up my sleeves and make chicken sandwiches unless it's for charity . This ain't a movie bruh 🤣🤣. I didn't get these degrees to stand in a hot *** kitchen covered in mashed.

We’re very disappointed that you failed to sign up for Community Day volunteering for the fourth year in a row. Is the t-shirt not enough? Not really demonstrating firm vision or leadership qualities here..

Some people will find whatever argument they can to defend the status quo, if the status quo benefits them

Amazingly enough, even when it doesn’t!

Always wonder what the projections are in these scenarios and if not taking care of employees is as bad as the companies act. I doubt it.
My sense is that it’s a defense of the principle that workers shouldn’t even dream of taking collective action to improve their working situation and challenging management and ownership. It’s the long game for them.

That’s my sense at least.

My sense is that it’s a defense of the principle that workers shouldn’t even dream of taking collective action to improve their working situation and challenging management and ownership. It’s the long game for them.

That’s my sense at least.

The most revolutionary social class, to date, is the bourgeoisie. The business owning class has the most class solidarity, currently. So it’s not surprising the only thing they’d be willing to sacrifice profits for, is this effort to discourage collective worker action.

Related to these companies’ attempts to sub in white collar workers for striking frontline workers, I have been hearing off the record quotes from these white collar workers who are siding with the frontline workers and are low key sabotaging production at the John Deere plants.

I can’t be sure how representative those quotes are but there have been signs that lower and mid level white collar workers are receptive to organizing their own workplaces and short of that, having solidarity with striking workers in the form of boycotts, giving yo mutual aid, and subtle sabotage like in this case with John Deere.

Edit: here’s an account from on of the salaried employees working at a John Deere plant.

Last edited:
I’d pay good money to see some dude from the office try to do my job.

the white collar people would be even more confused but the fact that half the blue collar guys and girls have a degree and would just rather do construction.

our head mechanic has a masters in journalism. My Home girl at work who runs equipment went to school to be an engineer.

people change careers, nothing wrong with that. Tell me where else you can get a job with limited experience, get benefits and treated with dignity and make good money?

that’s one of the most underrated things about construction. My boss, the owner and everyone else respects me and if they didn’t I’d walk down the road and get a new job and all my pay and benefits would come with because it’s tied to my union not my company.

Crashing a tractor > burning your restaurant down. But apparently these suits are trained in peasant work, so that’s a plus.
If my job forced me to do any sort of construction, machinery, or cooking I’d send my resignation letter straight to the ceo after he sent that email. FOH.

This is absolutely wild to me. IMHO as a CEO if I’m not going to pay the Union then I’m just going to have to take the L until we come to an agreement. It’s RECKLESS to put your office folks out in whatever the applicable field may be. Not only is it dangerous, especially in a manufacturing industry, but it’s pointless because they won’t be able to replace the productivity or quality of the worker on strike. It’s just a bonehead move trying to make that they’re replaceable. But they’re really not tbh.

INSKEEP: We called Kaiser, and they said, quote, "our initial economic proposal includes wage increases for all current employees and no changes to the current retirement plan." Also, guarantees no wage cuts for current employees - what's wrong with that?

CARTER: That's incorrect. So on average, over the last few years, we've had wage increases between 2% to 3% across the board. Kaiser's current proposal is a 1% increase across the board for current employees and only a 1% matching on what we call the defined contribution bonus.

INSKEEP: It sounds like then, when they say wage increases for all current employees, that's correct. But you're saying it's a very small increase and less than you're accustomed to. Is that right?

CARTER: It's a small increase. But the problem - the detrimental aspect of Kaiser's proposal is starting in 2023 - so not too far around the corner - new hires will start out at rates between 26% to 39% less than current employees.

INSKEEP: That's what a two-tiered proposal is.

CARTER: Yes.

INSKEEP: The current people get their current salaries or a little better, but new people are paid less. What's wrong with that?

CARTER: A two-tier system is pretty draconian in and of itself. Because it starts off paying workers so substantially less than current employees, it creates division. So if you have an employee who is one or two years in and the two tiers kicks in, that new employee two years later is making 26% to 39% less than that other employee. And at one point, that workforce will be divided between the first tier and the second tier. So what it creates then is basically a second-class set of workers.

Back
Top Bottom