***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Am I the only person who caught on how insidious putting a 60k income cap is as a requirement on the child tax credit? America is going through an inflation period, especially in the major cities. That amount is going to price out those families in the major cities sooner than later. In some cases almost from the start.
Is this per household?

A couple, both with minimum wage jobs in California would be $62.4k.
Manchin must be really trying to tank this thing.

very excited to have signed up for a truth social account. it's going to be awesome. I would definitely not encourage people to sign up for it so that they can spam and troll the **** out of MAGAs. That would be very rude. Please do not.

Demonic

Edit: I’m sure it’s fine, I am confident that some centrists will try to put a social justice patina on this and point out that some community college students are problematic, white dude bros so therefore, Democrats should focus on providing reduced cost childcare (and by “focus” they mean dropping that from the BBB as well).

Last edited:
Every damn time, someone tries to improve someone quality of life, for someone who isn’t rich, through legislation, there is some entrenched interest group who can buy off enough legislators to stop it.

Tuition free community college, reduced cost child care, a modest stipend to help new parents, unemployment insurance that acts as decent income replacement for low wage workers, reducing police budgets, etc. positive but relative small bore stuff seems impossible to implement or to keep.

This is it. This really is how things will be going for the foreseeable future. The rich have literally more monet then they know what to do with. The poor and working class will just keep getting ground to powder. And the class that could force the issue, middle class home owners, seems entirely focused on jealously guarding their home equity.

This is it, this is stasis until either we see a collapse of the biome, a fascist take over, or a truly bottom up worker-led revolution of some sort.

Last edited:
qv9xn4pniou71.jpg

Actually finished watching that vid on mute, so her only platform is vaccine mandates, crt and voter fraud? So nothing that actually improves anything or helps people? If those people vote for that they deserve it. I don't want to hear any bull**** sympathy shaming when it eventually goes bad for them because they didn't actually vote to improve anything in their lives.

Back
Top Bottom