***Official Political Discussion Thread***

maybe i am but imo non of his behavior requires corruption

I have no doubt that Joe Manchin thinks of himself as a pro business conservative democrat
. and he's a glad-handing old school politician,

so id bet he thinks that talking to billionaires and listening to their concerns is good for the country.

you don't need to bribery to find a west Virginia man that has an irrational commitment to coal mining.

people having irrational commitments to local extractive industries does not necessitate corruption.

ultimately my point is for rex everything comes down to money
and regardless of where you come down on Joe Manchins level of corruption, I just don't think it's really that simple.
Sure, it doesn't require corruption

But there is tons of smoke around Manchin

Saying it might not be corruption given that smoke, is borderline excuse making

I'm not inclined to give a dude that lies, flip flops, and peddles lobbyist talking points the benefit of the doubt

Ninjahood spent years living in his mom's rent controlled apartment saving up for a Jesus peice going to bat for billionaires on a sneaker forum.

No billionaires were bribing him. :lol:

Joe Manchin is going to be rich for the rest of his life no matter what he does.

Do you really think Joe Manchin is conciously voting against his constituents because a billionaire is going to give him...what exactly?
:smh: :rofl: :rofl:

To be fair, he was a committed racist too

Ninjahood spent years living in his mom's rent controlled apartment saving up for a Jesus peice going to bat for billionaires on a sneaker forum.

Joe Manchin is going to be rich for the rest of his life no matter what he does.

Do you really think Joe Manchin is conciously voting against his constituents because a billionaire is going to give him...what exactly?

Now you got me imagining Joe Manchin with the Jesus Piece talking about how West Virginia is a thriving hotbed of Dominican Diaspora life.

Out right bribes Aka. campaign contributions are one part of money in politics and I’d agree with you that bringing back McCain-Feingold isn’t some silver bullet.

Manchin, Sinema, and the 50 GOP Senators are stifling small “d” democratic will though. I do see the prospect of sinecures after omdibg office, sinecures for the politician’s family, stock tips, and good old fashion class solidarity all playing a role.

On a scale of 1-10, how ****ed are we again?
Theres one year left to slap Democrats back into reality and make them forget about compromising with themselves. There are still three years to go for Biden.

The real worry is the threat of the GOP controlling enough governorships to call a constitutional convention. That's when we will all get real ******.

I'm saying this: where you can make **** happen through Congress, do it. Where you can make **** happen through executive order, do it. Most importantly, whatever you do, hype it up the way Harold Miner was hyped.

Theres one year left to slap Democrats back into reality and make them forget about compromising with themselves. There are still three years to go for Biden.

The real worry is the threat of the GOP controlling enough governorships to call a constitutional convention. That's when we will all get real ****ed.

I'm saying this: where you can make **** happen through Congress, do it. Where you can make **** happen through executive order, do it. Most importantly, whatever you do, hype it up the way Harold Miner was hyped.

That second paragraph is not comforting at all :rofl: :rofl:

To think that we’re not even a year into Biden’s presidency and the GOP has done so much to rile up their supporters to **** it all up again is absolutely insane.

Dem strategists go straight to blaming progressives, or saying young ppl didn’t turn out, or Hispanic and Black folk didn’t vote for them as much as last election. But in reality, it’s the same problem every time: you can’t trust white women. All they need is a boogeyman topic about race and they’re back on the GOP express train. But yeah, let’s continue to blame everyone else until they say “**** it” and stop voting all together.

Manchin's son is the CEO of an energy company

And his daughter is the CEO of a Pharma company

Maybe the way to understand dude that he is a goofball and corrupt

Just that he sells out his state for cheap.

Wasn't he pro letting Medicare negotiate drug prices? it was sinema who was against it?
I guess he loves his Son more than his daughter? :lol:

Now you got me imagining Joe Manchin with the Jesus Piece talking about how West Virginia is a thriving hotbed of Dominican Diaspora life.

Out right bribes Aka. campaign contributions are one part of money in politics and I’d agree with you that bringing back McCain-Feingold isn’t some silver bullet.

Manchin, Sinema, and the 50 GOP Senators are stifling small “d” democratic will though. I do see the prospect of sinecures after omdibg office, sinecures for the politician’s family, stock tips, and good old fashion class solidarity all playing a role.

I promise you
if we made corporations donating to politicians totally illegal.

The Senator from West Virginia would still be pro coal and way more conservative than the median Democrat.

I can agree with you, im sure class solidarity plays a role,
but I think it's just more complicated that you make it sound.

like Joe Manchin does not need stock tips to be rich, :lol:

White women during the presidential election:
1635949462677.gif

White women right after:
1635949517199.gif

On a scale of 1-10, how ****ed are we again?
Not what you wanna see but def not the worst either, the media gon hype **** up cuz that’s what they do but turnout is very different for these kinds of elections compared to the presidential/big Congress joints….The real issue is Democrats once again not giving ppl much to be excited about to go vote and they gotta get the voting law and civil rights **** together so that when it’s time for the other elections and ppl actually wanna pop out they can do so just like last year

Republicans strategy was to pick up some ground/make it seem like they got buzz on this election and keep trying to suppress the vote for the next big elections

Wasn't he pro letting Medicare negotiate drug prices? it was sinema who was against it?
I guess he loves his Son more than his daughter? :lol:
From my understanding, Manchin was ok with letting the compromise Medicare negotiation bill the members of the House that are cozy with big Pharma companies into the bill

That was his comment was in reference too

Also, I consider both Sinema and Manchin bad actors. The best way to coordinate tearing apart the big would be for their complaints not to line up.

So he seems to have sufficient love for his daughter.

Last edited:

I would like to highlight this post again

Unintentionally one of the greatest post in this thread

Because since reading it whenever I think of Joe Manchin I picture him rocking da cuban link, wearing some timbs, and playing out to Dipset at his next presser.

Osh got me thinking Manchin finna write an Op-Ed ****ting on the Dems cultural politics and saying his tan is due to his native American heritage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom