***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Worse case scenario they’ll have to sell off a few properties in small markets where the two make up significant share.

But grocery stores are still reasonably regional enough for them to argue that there’s sufficient competition in most markets.

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and all we have nearby are Albertsons or Ralph’s (also food 4 less).

Walmart, Aldi or Northgate (Hispanic/Mexican) are the closest alternatives

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and all we have nearby are Albertsons or Ralph’s (also food 4 less).

Walmart, Aldi or Northgate (Hispanic/Mexican) are the closest alternatives
If there are no Krogers than the proposed merger would not change competition in your market.

I suspect there’s actually little regional overlap in the two national chains.

(Ralph’s is a great example of a strong, regional competitor to the national brands)

Nobody wants to twerk anymore :smh:

311575065_10222083475416394_867124037702083977_n.jpg
Between this and the comment about people not joining the military because college got cheaper/free, it shows how little they care about people's lives getting better.

If there are no Krogers than the proposed merger would not change competition in your market.

I suspect there’s actually little regional overlap in the two national chains.

(Ralph’s is a great example of a strong, regional competitor to the national brands)

Ralph’s is a Kroger brand lol

Kroger has Ralph’s and food 4 less
Albertsons has Vons

Stater Bros. is a regional supermarket in the inland empire east of LA county

Caught the back half of the debate. No idea how anybody with sense can think of voting for a walking CTE injury.

Are the CTE concerns with Herschel Walker actually serious? Because man, he genuinely seems as dumb as a rock

Clearly my knowledge of California grocery chain is outdated.

Is Ralph’s not national? I guess it’s only Kroger around the country, my bad on that.

But yeah almost all the supermarkets in this area are one of those two. I dunno how monopolizing supermarkets would mess with prices though. Walmart target and Costco are around but those supermarkets are more accessible in most neighborhoods.

Is Ralph’s not national? I guess it’s only Kroger around the country, my bad on that.

But yeah almost all the supermarkets in this area are one of those two. I dunno how monopolizing supermarkets would mess with prices though. Walmart target and Costco are around but those supermarkets are more accessible in most neighborhoods.

Often times national brands will continue to fly the regional banner for years after they buy them. It was like that with Randall’s in Houston and Duane Reade in NYC. But you know the change has happened when the generic brands shift.

It’ll be interesting to see what concessions the FTC enforces.

Often times national brands will continue to fly the regional banner for years after they buy them. It was like that with Randall’s in Houston and Duane Reade in NYC. But you know the change has happened when the generic brands shift.

It’ll be interesting to see what concessions the FTC enforces.

Ah good point I can’t even remember what the Ralph’s generic brand was before Kroger.

Back
Top Bottom