***Official Political Discussion Thread***

-Dude, Mitch McConnell came into office as a pro-union moderate. So did Lindsay Graham

Nevada is a right-to-work state, but the union's presence makes Republicans not openly hostile to unions

I am saying that it isn't only right to work. Union campaigns fall all the time in the South because of white people's hostility to being in union with black people

If you changed the laws, that would still be an issue for the UAW. That is it.

It is not just about the future. I am saying this is an issue because of the past also.

-Secondly, the economics doesn't make sense. All else being equal, manufacturers would prefer to build in the same location. So if they felt they could unionize anywhere, this wouldn't be an issue.

I feel like this is two separate issues. I can’t fault the guy for wanting to keep jobs where they are now. That’s part of his his job.

I’m sure that’s true a lot of the time in the south and other places anti union but the guys main concern is going to be keeping the jobs he has where they are.

Now if he can place his guys up north with new jobs where they don’t have to move and expand down south even better.

Nobody is moving across country for a mid 30s an hour job.

I support unions because it gives workers more market power in the labor market and more bargaining power in the workplace

I don't support a union's rent-seeking behavior just because it is from a union

For some ****, for the greater good, you gotta go against a certain union's interest

Biden's policy around electric cars was a net positive given the situation we are in.

The fact the UAW President is pissed at Biden, yet seemingly cool with people that voted for the law, tells me something else it going on here.

This is too deep for a lot of members, ask anyone in my union why they don’t like Biden it’s gonna be 1 of 2 answers more than likely.

1. He shut down the keystone pipeline we were on.

2. He’s a strike breaker

It’s usually that simple, net positive stuff doesn’t matter to a lot of people. Just their job.

I don’t care about the keystone pipeline at all but people are still butt hurt.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh does your uncle know any Nollywood female actors Timmo can pay to make a couple of public appearances with him

Mans outchea panicking whenever someone asks him if he has a lady.

Don't let ya boy go out like this my guy

this is a painful level of cringe. I can't watch another one of these clips. :lol:

he clearly isnt built to tell brazen lies, he should have just copied Lindsey Graham's excuse.

This is too deep for a lot of members, ask anyone in my union why they don’t like Biden it’s gonna be 1 of 2 answers more than likely.

1. He shut down the keystone pipeline we were on.

2. He’s a strike breaker

It’s usually that simple, net positive stuff doesn’t matter to a lot of people. Just their job.

I don’t care about the keystone pipeline at all but people are still butt hurt.
I am not doubting these people exist

But I think a lot of people, especially white men, use **** like this to cover for other reasons why they don't like Biden

I don't think if he approved the pipeline, it would matter that much in the long run.

The railroad strike was ending with or without Biden. People yelling strike breaker at Biden, but are willing to vote for people that wanted the rail workers to get a worse deal are acting in bad faith

I simply don't trust that being in a union makes people purely self-interested economic actors.

I mean look at West Virginia and Montana. Former coal workers will go on and on blaming Obama and the Dems for killing coal with green energy. When that is a ****ing lie. And their reasons for Obama and the Dems are mostly rooted in racism.

this is a painful level of cringe. I can't watch another one of these clips. :lol:

he clearly isnt built to tell brazen lies, he should have just copied Lindsey Graham's excuse.
DeSantis turning hard right and campaigning as an all-out crazy person

Manchin talking about running for president Third Party

Timmo cringing his way to irrelevance

How I picture you watching American political news like these days...
revenge-of-the-sith-obi-wan-kenobi-i-loved-you.jpg

Last edited:
I will say, that period of time where the Dems picked capital over labor, especially in the Clinton years, was one of the worst political and economic mistakes that is hardly spoken about

If you are gonna lose union votes or crush union jobs, do it for the greater good

Not for NAFTA

It is not that NAFTA and other open trade policies that were so bad. Is that the supporting policies to them (Industrial Policy, wage insurance, jobs programs) were not passed to make up the difference for workers.

Man, I don't support Tim Scott in any way, but this cringe **** on TV where they keep asking about his "special lady friend" is just embarrassing. :smh:

I am not doubting these people exist

But I think a lot of people, especially white men, use **** like this to cover for other reasons why they don't like Biden

I don't think if he approved the pipeline, it would matter that much in the long run.

The railroad strike was ending with or without Biden. People yelling strike breaker at Biden, but are willing to vote for people that wanted the rail workers to get a worse deal are acting in bad faith

I simply don't trust that being in a union makes people purely self-interested economic actors.

I mean look at West Virginia and Montana. Former coal workers will go on and on blaming Obama and the Dems for killing coal with green energy. When that is a ****ing lie. And their reasons for Obama and the Dems are mostly rooted in racism.

Yeah I see what you’re saying.

Like I said being in a union doesn’t indicate who you vote for anymore.

Republican policies are a hell of a lot more friendly to my job but I’m not voting for them even if they weren’t insane because I’d rather have oil money slow than **** on my union.

I get that Meet the Press wants to start new host Kristen Welker off with a big debut. I get that. But JFC doing an interview (taped on Thursday) with this idiot who threatens to ruin America's democracy itself? For ratings?

I get that he's running for president and hasn't been imprisoned yet and not doing it gives all the "ratings" to Fox & Sinclair, yeah.

But at what point do you stop broadcasting the words of a madman. Of a devil. Of someone who would love nothing more than to destroy everything? JFC.

I know the Anderson Cooper line of thinking, like "is he going to go away if we just pretend like he doesn't exist?" Clearly not and I guess at least the **** is taped in advance so they don't just help him spread propoganda, but damn man, it's just hard to see this ****. Baby steps I guess. These next 14 months are gonna be rocky AF

I get that Meet the Press wants to start new host Kristen Welker off with a big debut. I get that. But JFC doing an interview (taped on Thursday) with this idiot who threatens to ruin America's democracy itself? For ratings?

I get that he's running for president and hasn't been imprisoned yet and not doing it gives all the "ratings" to Fox & Sinclair, yeah.

But at what point do you stop broadcasting the words of a madman. Of a devil. Of someone who would love nothing more than to destroy everything? JFC.

I know the Anderson Cooper line of thinking, like "is he going to go away if we just pretend like he doesn't exist?" Clearly not and I guess at least the **** is taped in advance so they don't just help him spread propoganda, but damn man, it's just hard to see this ****. Baby steps I guess. These next 14 months are gonna be rocky AF

they can yell at biden while he’s visiting the church where his wife, son and daughter are buried about something he’s already answered

and yet something as simple as this dumb repeatedly lie about murdering children is allowed to slide

or this stupidity

or this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom