***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This thing is way moreso an ideology issue. Whether subjugated, marginalized or not, one vowed to wipe the other out!
That whole spot needs a new flood; collateral is guaranteed.

The practical arguments are sufficient to condemn the acts of Hamas without needing the moral ones which can, to some people, sound a bit like “both sides”.

And I’m reluctant to even make those criticisms when I myself have done so little to help create a third path away from either escalated violence or the steady attrition that has and will crush the Palestinians living in the West Bank.

It all reminds me a bit of the people jumping out of the World Trade Center.

Appreciate this insight and agree. This makes me understand my brotha osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh so much more. The moral harm has impacted our friends in Canada.

canadains consume 99% american media, so whatever yall are saying, we'll say the same stuff.

Probably with how Boomers have locked younger millennials and Gen Sets out of homeownership in Canada, it might be "ok landlord/homeowner/dream hoarder".

new thing is to call landlords "landleeches" or "landhoarders" it's very annoying.

The practical arguments are sufficient to condemn the acts of Hamas without needing the moral ones which can, to some people, sound a bit like “both sides”.

And I’m reluctant to even make those criticisms when I myself have done so little to help create a third path away from either escalated violence or the steady attrition that has and will crush the Palestinians living in the West Bank.

It all reminds me a bit of the people jumping out of the World Trade Center.

I would agree with this in regards to the Palestinian people.

like i think it's dumb to moralize about the Palestinian peoples support for Hamas given their situation.

but I think it's pretty easy to say people raping and kidnapping civilians are doing something morally wrong.

canadains consume 99% american media, so whatever yall are saying, we'll say the same stuff.

new thing is to call landlords "landleeches" or "landhoarders" it's very annoying.
Makes me angry fam. Next time someone calls you a "landhoarder" call them a Lib and watch da tears flow.

like i think it's dumb to moralize about the Palestinian peoples support for Hamas given their situation.

but I think it's pretty easy to say people raping and kidnapping civilians are doing something morally wrong
But why do we need the people being ethnically cleansed here to say that? When largely the people demanding this give no damns about what the Palestinian people live through daily

But why do we need the people being ethnically cleansed here to say that? When largely the people demanding this give no damns about what the Palestinian people live through daily
Not speaking for Osh

And Maybe I read it wrong

But I don't think he is talking about Palestinians living under the Israeli governments oppression.

I read is as him talking about third party observers of the situation.

But maybe I'm wrong.

I said I don't think you should moralize about Palestinian support for Hamas. So I also don't think you should be berating Palestinians to condem xyz atrocity.

But if you're asking me practically, given that there is no path to peace that doesn't involve the concent of Israel.

It would probably be tactically efficacious to distance yourself from terrorists.

But that's not a moral argument.

Not speaking for Osh

And Maybe I read it wrong

But I don't think he is talking about Palestinians living under the Israeli governments oppression.

I read is as him talking about third party observers of the situation.

But maybe I'm wrong.

yup, I don't even begrudge Palestinians for supporting Hamas.

but i don't get why 3rd party people are out here tryna justify atrocities on either side.

but I think it's pretty easy to say people raping and kidnapping civilians are doing something morally wrong.

Sometimes it’s better to do the less easy thing?

I mean, yes, I’m pretty anti raping and kidnapping of civilians (and even soldiers... don’t rape soldiers!)

But I’m also generally anti destruction of private property, detainment of person, and all kinds of other things where I’ll occasionally resist the urge to moralize from afar to people who are dealing with lives at the limits of my imagination.

Less you misconstrue, I am not making a moral equivalence of any of these things that I shut up about. And also, I don’t believe that the horrific oppression of a person ‘justifies’ (whatever that means) their violence. It’s rather that I don’t judge myself worthy of making the moral call from the comfort of my office.

And really, who cares what I think about it anyways?

I said I don't think you should moralize about Palestinian support for Hamas. So I also don't think you should be berating Palestinians to condem xyz atrocity.

But if you're asking me practically, given that there is no path to peace that doesn't involve the concent of Israel.

It would probably be tactically efficacious to distance yourself from terrorists.

But that's not a moral argument.
I don’t think Israel gives a **** either way about whether Palestinians distance themselves from Hamas at all. But I digress

I don’t think Israel gives a **** either way about whether Palestinians distance themselves from Hamas at all. But I digress

I think it would be really strange and counter to most of human history,
for a population of people to not care about terrorists or support for said terrorist withing a minority population.

now if you mean, that it won't be enough to change Israeli policy?
maybe i might agree, but given that you can't know for sure and Palestinian lives are at stake

I think it's probably reasonable to air on the side of caution. but again not a moral argument.

I think it would be really strange and counter to most of human history,
for a population of people to not care about terrorists or support for said terrorist withing a minority population.

now if you mean, that it won't be enough to change Israeli policy?
maybe i might agree, but given that you can't know for sure and Palestinian lives are at stake

I think it's probably reasonable to air on the side of caution. but again not a moral argument.
Sorry if that wasn’t clear, I’m referring to policy. I think there’s enough proof to show that it won’t change that. They can err on the side of caution, but I also think it’s reasonable to believe that the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians is likely to continue either way.

Last edited:
Sometimes it’s better to do the less easy thing?

I mean, yes, I’m pretty anti raping and kidnapping of civilians (and even soldiers... don’t rape soldiers!)

But I’m also generally anti destruction of private property, detainment of person, and all kinds of other things where I’ll occasionally resist the urge to moralize from afar to people who are dealing with lives at the limits of my imagination.

Less you misconstrue, I am not making a moral equivalence of any of these things that I shut up about. And also, I don’t believe that the horrific oppression of a person ‘justifies’ (whatever that means) their violence. It’s rather that I don’t judge myself worthy of making the moral call from the comfort of my office.

And really, who cares what I think about it anyways?

im not saying YOU need to morally condemn anyone, in fact IM not even morally condemning people.

im just saying if someone wants to do that, it's not really like that close of a call.
and I don't think it automatically means they support everything israel is doing.

I’m not sure what would make the Palestinian people think that their lives would improve if only they booted Hamas out of the country

Nothing about recent Israeli policy with regards to Jerusalem and the West Bank would suggest to anyone that Israel would open up Gaza if only Hamas were gone

And I could be wrong but IIRC the blockade of Gaza came before Hamas' control

Israel has no serious partner for peace in Gaza but so too Gaza has no serious partner for peace in Israel

Back
Top Bottom