***Official Political Discussion Thread***

We'd probably disagree how representative she is off online left media overall. In my view, many left media personalities are ambivalent about the Democratic Party and many explicitly urge their listeners to vote for a straight Democratic ticket.

yah I think it means less than nothing to spend hours making "Genocide Joe" content.
and in the end tossing in a "vote blue no matter who" and think you aren't harming the Democratic party.

On balance, left media in online spaces helps Democrats with younger voters. Young voters voted in large numbers and voted overwhelmingly Democratic. Much of left online content is really just educational and talks about social justice in a fun and approachable way. the younger generation is shaping up to be the most leftwing in history and it ain't because they are swayed by MSNBC's lineup of former Federal Prosecutors and Bush Administration comms officials.

yah I think this is a crazy hyper charitable representation of the online left.

they are absolutely not by in large not just "educational" and "fun and approachable"
Bernie Bro's weren't non for their "fun" and "approachability"

there are tons of hyper aggressive, super confrontational people who signal boost the most coalition splitting parts of the Dem party.

and there's tons of aggressive factional infighting

The most popular Twitch streamer, is calling people "genocidal freaks" for even questioning that hospital bombing story.

not to mention he'll dip into strange denial of chinese interment of the Uyghur

You have Cenk from the Yong Turk literally trying to run a spoiler campaign against Biden.

you have the David Sirota, Briana Joy Gray crowd who are obviously just anti dem.

then you have the various tiktok creators who basically exist on "america bad" takes they spit into the CCP controlled algorithm

the "Osama Bin Landan letter to America was cool" that went viral

including weirdo North Korea apologia takes.

this is a repost originals vid had 100k+ likes

A more leftwing generation, largely getting their news from alternative sources, should be an unalloyed good for the Democratic Party and it is on election day. The problem for a lot of Democratic politicians, especially on Israel Palestine, is that these younger voters expect people whom they helped to elect to walk the walk on social justice and not just use it as a campaign talking point.

I don't see any evidence of that, I see lots of people with very strong takes on the conflict pulled from snappy TikTok's or Instagram carousels images that fall apart at the slightest bit of questioning.

I think you are fooling yourself.
If online alt media can radicalize young conservatives no reason it can't radicalize the young progressives.

I don’t follow the sheep mentality of following whoever my party puts in front of me.

Even weirdos like Vivek can make a good point from time to time.

Nicki is a neo-con war monger. She’s trump/Cheney lite. The weapons industry has her in their back pocket. He made a good point there burying her.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend- today

If you fail to understand why supporting Ukraine the way we have been without a need to send any troops is good for NATO and the US then I have nothing else to say you.

But you have had low information takes ever since you’ve started posting here so what else can I expect.

If you fail to understand why supporting Ukraine the way we have been without a need to send any troops is good for NATO and the US then I have nothing else to say you.

But you have had low information takes ever since you’ve started posting here so what else can I expect.
Lol

Lol

Lol

Lol

Another lost war for the USA. More billions made by weapons companies and elites. More tax money from middle class Americans going to fill pockets of Ukrainians. 20 mill Ukrainians flee. 400000 Ukrainian soldiers dead. Russia now stronger than ever. No point wars.

Let me guess. You wanna bomb Tehran? Lol

The multipolar world is passing us by.

Carry on

I always love how people think we are sending the latest tech to a war like this. We are sending stuff that would be destroyed anyway because it was outdated for our needs. It’s just because functioning Russian's military equipment is all pre 1980 that a 90s tank can run circles around it. Again we are sending scraps that would have been junked anyway and replaced. We are just building goodwill in doing so.

Only thing that’s new that they are getting are some shoulder fired missiles.

And I’m Eastern European, I actually understand the threat that is Russia better than almost anyone. You don’t need to be a neocon to understand that.

Reactions: DLF
Note to all: someone deleted my comments (not posts, comments) clowning on Charlie Kirk, because someone is clearly is not cool with all of that discourse. Just know that the owner of this forum supports whoever is the GOP candidate. Can't have any opposition!

wtf-christian-bale.gif

Note to all: someone deleted my comments (not posts, comments) clowning on Charlie Kirk, because someone is clearly is not cool with all of that discourse. Just know that the owner of this forum supports whoever is the GOP candidate. Can't have any opposition!
You used a term that people generally consider unacceptable to use nowadays and instead of taking the hint when it was censored, you felt the need to describe what was censored. Who it was directed to was irrelevant

You used a term that people generally consider unacceptable to use nowadays and instead of taking the hint when it was censored, you felt the need to describe what was censored. Who it was directed to was irrelevant

You have to understand that people, including in my own goddamn family, use that term to describe some family members. My uncle is 85, and we've always used the "r-word" for him (he has the brain of a 5-year-old). We re-appropriate it for certain individuals. Sometimes, you appropriate it for horrible human beings who hate literally everyone. I know the term I used. It goes both ways.

Back
Top Bottom