***Official Political Discussion Thread***

“….to provide roads, and schools, and hospitals, food, and school lunches…”

He means the resources from the current admin’s infrastructure bill and the child tax credit which was responsible for significantly reducing child poverty that republicans blocked.

Tons of people certainly wouldn’t be able to be seen by providers without the affordable care act his guy wants to get rid of.

And there have to be a few states where republicans have said they aren’t responsible for hungry school kids.

Last edited:
1706805844342.png

I love that Repub’s would rather go down with Trump than actually win with Haley :lol:

IMG_2913.jpeg
IMG_2914.jpeg

I still think Trump might have a better chance of beating Biden than Haley.

Nicki Haley talks openly about cutting social security.

She is very conservative.

She will have sexism working against her

MAGA Republicans will not show up in the same numbers. Most will, but she is gonna need all of them. I don't think she can reverse the trend against Republicans in the suburbs. So she will need to overperform in urban and rural areas like Trump did in 2020.

I still think Trump might have a better chance of beating Biden than Haley.

Nicki Haley talks openly about cutting social security.

She is very conservative.

She will have sexism working against her

MAGA Republicans will not show up in the same numbers. Most will, but she is gonna need all of them. I don't think she can reverse the trend against Republicans in the suburbs. So she will need to overperform in urban and rural areas like Trump did in 2020.

trump ain’t a team player, dude going burn it down before he allows them to go with anyone who won’t bend the knee

But it always ends bad

Social security and old-man thinking of no woman President are factors, they go together almost.

I think she’d have a better chance but I was wrong in 2016 about Hillary winning (was right in 2020). She’s not going to be the Republican candidate anyway so not worth the words I just typed.

not trying to be cruel (ok maybe I am) but I wonder how many MAGA voters were lost to the 'rona since 2021

The more Trump gets coverage through 24, the worse he’ll do.

More and more undecided suburban homeowners will see him and be like “oh yeah, he’s not going to be solving inflation or an increase in crime or the border crisis, all he does is whine about it like the rest of us.”

In 2016, an an unknown entity, he could point out a bunch of aspects of American life that truly were bad and point to it and basically be like “trust me, I can fix.” Then he actually became president and he fixed none of the structural issues that he said he would on his campaign.

Obviously his true believers will say he was sabotaged in his first go around. But if you aren’t deep in that epistemological silo, you’re more likely to look at his actual results or lack of results. It’s those people who were Trump to Biden voters who helped Biden in 2016. In not sure how Trump brings them back in 2024 and on balance there may be MORE Trump to Biden voters than in 2020.

Combine his lack of policy seriousness with his legal troubles and his obvious cognitive decline, which is far beyond Biden’s. Biden has diminished short term memory loss with is actually pretty normal for his age. Lot of voters have relatives who are a similar age with similar short term memory loss BUT they know that their relatives still are fundamentally competent and don’t need assisted living nor do they need to give power of attorney to someone else. By contrast, Trump repeatedly, within speeches and across his speaks, literally cannot tell Biden apart from Obama or Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley and it’s those elderly people who are at least starting to get to a level of decline where they cannot manage their own affairs.

There’s also all of Trump’s legal troubles.

And all of this is no big deal to his fanbase but his fanbase alone isn't getting him to 270. And I’m not sure how an enfeebled candidate, with legal baggage (simply being investigated harmed Hillary Clinton in 2016), who has zero policy ideas, and who is promising retribution against his political opponents, if elected. Barring Biden’s death or a massive stock market crash, it seems very unlikely that Trump will exceed his 2020 vote totals, let alone recreate his 2016 winning coalition.

Last edited:
The more Trump gets coverage through 24, the worse he’ll do.

More and more undecided suburban homeowners will see him and be like “oh yeah, he’s not going to be solving inflation or an increase in crime or the border crisis, all he does is whine about it like the rest of us.”

In 2016, an an unknown entity, he could point out a bunch of aspects of American life that truly were bad and point to it and basically be like “trust me, I can fix.” Then he actually became president and he fixed none of the structural issues that he said he would on his campaign.

Obviously his true believers will say he was sabotaged in his first go around. But if you aren’t deep in that epistemological silo, you’re more likely to look at his actual results or lack of results. It’s those people who were Trump to Biden voters who helped Biden in 2016. In not sure how Trump brings them back in 2024 and on balance there may be MORE Trump to Biden voters than in 2020.

Combine his lack of policy seriousness with his legal troubles and his obvious cognitive decline, which is far beyond Biden’s. Biden has diminished short term memory loss with is actually pretty normal for his age. Lot of voters have relatives who are a similar age with similar short term memory loss BUT they know that their relatives still are fundamentally competent and don’t need assisted living nor do they need to give power of attorney to someone else. By contrast, Trump repeatedly, within speeches and across his speaks, literally cannot tell Biden apart from Obama or Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley and it’s those elderly people who are at least starting to get to a level of decline where they cannot manage their own affairs.

There’s also all of Trump’s legal troubles.

And all of this is no big deal to his fanbase but his fanbase alone isn't winning getting him to 270.

in ‘16 they could sell the lie of trump being good at business and wanting something different plus they weren’t focused on the mess

plus the gop had spent decades attacking the Clintons, plus Hillary being a woman and just coming off of Obama

literally took all of that hate, sexism and built of racism AND then the announcement of an investigation into Hillary for dude to barely win

and even after seeing the results of the ‘22 midterms, dudes still ain’t learn.. or some of these special elections like in Wisconsin or seeing a part of Florida that ain’t been blue in decades swing

Back
Top Bottom