***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Black man running for public office would like to go back to *checks notes* the early 1900’s.

MLK Jr. on steroids, indeed. :smh: :smh: :smh: :lol:

IMG_0789.jpeg

My cousin sent me this FD Signifier video, because he is currently out of work, bored, and ingesting a ton of progressive media. And dude was talking about some picture Joe Budden too with Candace Owens

His points were fair enough. I agreed with his overall points

Then it got to a part about reason he believes the Democrats could lose the elections. And his list was:

-Reneging on Student Debt Relief
-Taking the side of corporation over workers
-And not codifying Roe v. Wade or Affirmative Action
-And of course supporting a genocide

And supposedly this dudes suppose to be an informed intelligent leftist.

Putting aside the last point, because that actually might be his strongest point.

The other four is either bull****, observably not true, and ignores political reality.

Like what is the point of **** like this?

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford I just watched that video too. The algorithm served it up since I've caught a few of his videos before. That part you mentioned irritated the hell out of me because its disingenuous or straight up uninformed (which is worse considering his online persona).

Biden Admin has forgiven $138b out of the proposed $430b. His team is getting creative in finding ways to help people but as most things that FD dude was talking about, congress needs to approve. And that includes more than Democrats....

Are republicans in congress ever held accountable for their unfeasible mickey mouse bills not getting any bipartisan support?

In real world convos, I am taken back at how much people are convinced Joe Biden lied to them about student debt relief

Like it is something they are convinced he promised. Then gave up on.

These convos really be making my head hurt.
I think the issue more and more as I talk to people who either follow politics casually or not much at all is that the messaging from the Democratic Party on these things suck. That means for the average person, Joe Biden was talking about student debt relief, SC struck it down and the Dems didnt fight for them at all. I feel like I’m understanding more and more that regardless of where we sit on our perches as people who understand the facts, procedures, issues with having a slim majority — the majority of voters don’t understand that and they just see weakness or promises that aren’t kept.

I think the issue more and more as I talk to people who either follow politics casually or not much at all is that the messaging from the Democratic Party on these things suck. That means for the average person, Joe Biden was talking about student debt relief, SC struck it down and the Dems didnt fight for them at all. I feel like I’m understanding more and more that regardless of where we sit on our perches as people who understand the facts, procedures, issues with having a slim majority — the majority of voters don’t understand that and they just see weakness or promises that aren’t kept.
It was national news the Supreme Court blocked debt relief

I really don't know how the Dems can message better to prevent people from believing lies on this issue.

Btw, the people I am talking to follow politics. Problem is the do so mainly from social media

Last edited:
My cousin sent me this FD Signifier video, because he is currently out of work, bored, and ingesting a ton of progressive media. And dude was talking about some picture Joe Budden too with Candace Owens

His points were fair enough. I agreed with his overall points

Then it got to a part about reason he believes the Democrats could lose the elections. And his list was:

-Reneging on Student Debt Relief
-And of course supporting a genocide

And supposedly this dudes suppose to be an informed intelligent leftist.

Putting aside the last point, because that actually might be his strongest point.

The other four is either bull****, observably not true, and ignores political reality.

Like what is the point of **** like this?
Yeah I like his stuff, but he loses me where he's clearly pandering to what his audience wants to hear. Like i've never heard anyone harp on "Obama drones" as much as he does. Toeing the line makes me watch less of his work, but that's all content in general. They all go a certain direction when it becomes their livelihood.

Been telling people that Nevada has basically turned into Desert Florida stick we came outta the lockdowns

I posted this in the wrestling thread and I'll post it here:

Daniel Rodimer went by Dan Rodman in WWE. He was on a season of WWE Tough Enough.

He was mainly in developmental but he wrestled at house shows and dark matches in 2006-07. I don't think he ever appeared on the main roster. (RAW or Smackdown)

I saw one of his matches in person, against Val Venis (another piece of ****) at a RAW taping in June 2007. He got released two months later and never wrestled again.

It was national news the Supreme Court blocked debt relief

I really don't know how the Dems can message better to prevent people from believing lies on this issue.

Btw, the people I am talking to follow politics. Problem is the do so mainly from social media
I don’t have a real answer either but it’s a massive problem that the Dems are increasingly struggling more and more with.

And I agree, it was national news but the casual is just like Biden told us we were getting this, SC struck it down and Dems are too weak to deliver.

Pretty much fed up with most left wing Youtubers. They've been getting worse and worse.

It's like they live in a fantasy land completely devoid of reality when it comes to elections.

"-Reneging on Student Debt Relief
-And of course supporting a genocide"

No shade to your boy Rusty but I don't even know what any of these have to do with Biden, bullet 2 is called capitalism, and bullet 3 is kinda a Trump problem no? Don't even get me started on Israel.

Dems have always been this way, playing mental checkers amongst themselves and their bubble vs playing chess in reality

"-Reneging on Student Debt Relief
-And of course supporting a genocide"

No shade to your boy Rusty but I don't even know what any of these have to do with Biden, bullet 2 is called capitalism, and bullet 3 is kinda a Trump problem no? Don't even get me started on Israel.

Dems have always been this way, playing mental checkers amongst themselves and their bubble vs playing chess in reality
My boy?

d21.gif

Back
Top Bottom