***Official Political Discussion Thread***

My boy?

d21.gif
Is your cousin DLFelk?

My cousin sent me this FD Signifier video, because he is currently out of work, bored, and ingesting a ton of progressive media. And dude was talking about some picture Joe Budden too with Candace Owens

His points were fair enough. I agreed with his overall points

Then it got to a part about reason he believes the Democrats could lose the elections. And his list was:

-Reneging on Student Debt Relief
-Taking the side of corporation over workers
-And not codifying Roe v. Wade or Affirmative Action
-And of course supporting a genocide

And supposedly this dudes suppose to be an informed intelligent leftist.

Putting aside the last point, because that actually might be his strongest point.

The other four is either bull****, observably not true, and ignores political reality.

Like what is the point of **** like this?
jesus i hate FD signifier.

Joe Biden despite running as a moderate...

- has basically embraced all of the lefts policy prescriptions.
- absorbed tons of Elizabeth Warren's staffers and advisors.
- attempted to deliver on a potentially politically damaging policy (student debt relief)
- pushed for the largest possible stimulus, and infrastructure bill
-delivered the largest climate bill in history.
- expended a ton of political captial leaving Afghanistan.
- been the most pro union president in like decades.

he's ran way to the left of Obama, and for this he gets nothing but scorn from the left, and many of the popular media figure...are actively working to poison the media space and re elect trump

i find it just wild and galling for anyone to complain about that Biden is losing because of lack of commitment to the left.

i feel like im taking crazy pills.

IMO the left is playing a dangerous game.

If you are a future Democratic president, what has Biden's term taught you?

That no matter how hard you work to integrate leftists, the purity tests will never stop.

you can fight for their policies, collaborate with their leaders, take huge political risk on their behalf. and it gets you...nothing.

jesus i hate FD signifier.

Joe Biden despite running as a moderate...

- has basically embraced all of the lefts policy prescriptions.
- absorbed tons of Elizabeth Warren's staffers and advisors.
- attempted to deliver on a potentially politically damaging policy (student debt relief)
- pushed for the largest possible stimulus, and infrastructure bill
-delivered the largest climate bill in history.
- expended a ton of political captial leaving Afghanistan.
- been the most pro union president in like decades.

he's ran way to the left of Obama, and for this he gets nothing but scorn from the left, and many of the popular media figure...are actively working to poison the media space and re elect trump

i find it just wild and galling for anyone to complain about that Biden is losing because of lack of commitment to the left.

i feel like im taking crazy pills.
I don't hate dude.

I think he makes a lot of good, sometimes obvious, points. Overall he is better than probably 99% of leftist media.

I would rather someone who is leftist watch him go down an even more unhinged rabbit hole

I mean in the video he was still making the argument that Democrats are clearly better than Republicans. Like most of the video, he was making good points.

The thing is he still has all the usual petty beefs leftists have with Dems and liberals

I think a lot of leftists don't want Trump, but will low-key enjoy it if Biden loses because he wasn't progressive enough in some area

That way they can say I told you so and think it will increase their standing in the left-wing ideology war.

In the video I talked about, his main point was that black people, specifically black men, are not turning toward reactionary conservatism

It is that black people are becoming more and more apathetic toward voting for the Democratic Party.

Which is true.

The thing is, he used that very good point to take dishonest shots at Biden

I think a much more convincing and interesting argument would be to explore how Democratic centrism is causing the apathy

This in turn will make the electorate more white, and more conservative, and instead of trying to avoid that, pundits use it as an excuse to bash progressives some more. Then leftists use that as evidence that the Dems policy prescriptions are not appealing.

Like I said, Joe Manchin might not cost the Dems this election, but he did more damage to the Democratic party's long-term electoral prospects than any progressive. There is a ton of anti-Biden centrist nonsense going on too.

Seems like people learned nothing from 2016

Last edited:
I don't hate dude.

I think he makes a lot of good, sometimes obvious, points. Overall he is better than probably 99% of leftist media.

I would rather someone who is leftist watch him go down an even more unhinged rabbit hole

I mean in the video he was still making the argument that Democrats are clearly better than Republicans. Like most of the video, he was making good points.

The thing is he still has all the usual petty beefs leftists have with Dems and liberals

I think a lot of leftists don't want Trump, but will low-key enjoy it if Biden loses because he wasn't progressive enough in some area

That way they can say I told you so and think it will increase their standing in the left-wing ideology war.

i hate him more for his cultural takes then politics.
i find 99% of the stuff he says to be obvious stuff dressed up with academic words but id agree he's not like a pure grifter idiot like others in the online left.

I think a much more convincing and interesting argument would be to explore how Democratic centrism is causing the apathy

This in turn will make the electorate more white, and more conservative, and instead of trying to avoid that, pundits use it as an excuse to bash progressives some more. Then leftists use that as evidence that the Dems policy prescriptions are not appealing.

Like I said, Joe Manchin might not cost the Dems this election, but he did more damage to the Democratic party's long-term electoral prospects than any progressive. There is a ton of anti-Biden centrist nonsense going on too.

Seems like people learned nothing from 2016
I think we live in a very selfish society that puts profits over everything and self interests over everything. Many of these people feel like they will be fine or nothing will significantly change for them which is not cool. In the grand scheme of things a Trump presidency might not impact them but it will impact a lot of people. I will also say that Trump was excellent for media which is why they are doing everything that they can to get him the win.

Back
Top Bottom