***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1715740052419.png

1715740076926.png

I believe Biden is probably losing the election if it were held today

A lot of polls have missed in the last couple elections, crosstabs look a bit funky, but that doesn't mean they should be openly dismissed

Biden has a path to victory but he is historically unpopular and there is a ton of apathy from key voting blocs. Work still needs to be done.

I think it is ok to admit Trump probably has the edge right now. But it is not a solid advantage

The loony lady makes a great point

Biden wants a ceasefire and wants to provide aid to Gaza. Trump seemingly wants neither of those things

Also, using the election that ended the New Deal Coalition, the Civil Rights Era, the Great Society, and resulted in liberal majority on the Supreme Court ending is not the takedown he thinks it is.

I believe Biden is probably losing the election if it were held today

A lot of polls have missed in the last couple elections, crosstabs look a bit funky, but that doesn't mean they should be openly dismissed

Biden has a path to victory but he is historically unpopular and there is a ton of apathy from key voting blocs. Work still needs to be done.

I think it is ok to admit Trump probably has the edge right now. But it is not a solid advantage

The election is definitely tighter than it has any rational sense being

But I think the issue is the media and gullible public looking for sound bites and controversy.. the polls that actually end up getting reported and receiving actual traction and the manner in which they are spoken of and then there isn’t an revision with the actual results.. and then there is the overall coverage of this administration vs the things that are allowed to just slide

The business aspects of these entities are do a disservice to people.. hell imagine if biden was consistently losing 20-30% of the votes in primaries to a candidate that dropped out 2 months ago

If I were an economic consultant for McDonalds, I'd advise that they do a few things:

1.) Keep the menu prices the same, but lean heavily on various degrees of price discrimination. Get it set up so that there are many tiers of pricing and varying levels of discounts via some combination of an app, direct emails, and discounts at different times of the day.

2.) Shoot for maybe 80% of your regular customers having some degree of a discount. The remaining 20% will consist of the very affluent, people who are traveling, those who don't usually eat at McDonalds, and most importantly, suburbanites who secretly LOVE paying high prices and blaming it on liberalism.

3.) ?

4.) Profit!

Last edited:
"Don't be weak and gay" :rofl:

She won the COD lobby vote.

One of my cousins, a 16 year old who plays a lot of video games, asked me "how did you survive a COD lobby in the 2000's?"

I told him,I just called them "gay" back. But in 2024, I'd respond to someone calling me "gay" with something like "I got a whole stable of femboys, you want to join them."

This all makes me think of the fact that in the last 20-25 years, we have lived through a quiet revolution. Most revolutions are made of three parts:

part 1: In the early 2000's, there was still major stigma against being gay

part 2: We went "woke." We decided that if you are homophobic, you must be shunned and rightly so.

part 3: Structural change has been achieved and now all genders, orientations, and any identity group is welcomed to join in on the broish **** talking. What matters is how quick witted you are.

IF we could organize everyone into "woke" and "unwoke" camps, awe could negotiate a treaty. I'd certainly let us reach an accord whereby we control laws and they get their stupid low grade comedy movies back. Let people be stupid and let us decide who gets what, the stuff that matters.

It will be a bar fight. I'm glad the election isn't being held today and there is still.time to firm up support which Joe will.do. I think polls provide useful data and can't be dismissed but we are still in May and the polls are tightening for Joe.

And overwhelming majority of polls had him winning
Yeah basically until like the last week.

I’m convinced a lot of people voted against him out of spite becoming of all the damn ads. Also, the blatant pandering to Black people probably rubbed people the wrong way.

The Madigan ally referred to in the court document as "Individual FR-1" is former state Rep. Edward Acevedo, a Chicago Tribune article notes. Acevedo, who was Madigan's assistant majority leader in the Illinois House before retiring in 2017, was sentenced to six months in prison for tax evasion in 2022. Madigan left his House speaker post in 2021.

In one internal email sent to an AT&T employee, La Schiazza allegedly described the company's quid pro quo with Madigan as "the friends and family plan."

The government said the bribery scheme resulted in passage of legislation eliminating AT&T's Carrier of Last Resort (COLR) obligation to provide landline phone service, and separate legislation related to small cell deployments. Madigan, a Democrat, was House speaker when both bills were passed. The lobbyist who is expected to testify allegedly acted as an intermediary by transmitting payments to Madigan's ally.

Straight up bribes though... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom