***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dude I think polling has its place, but it has its clear shortcomings. It shouldn't be dismissed.

And Nate Silver's model is solid for what it is, and probably the best one in the business

I just think Silver a massive jackass, and that if he behaved differently people would not get nearly as much backlash as he gets.

I think polling has its role, as does journalism.. but as someone interested in politics I would be much more interested in the larger conversation in the review once the results are actually in

Genuine discussions on how the poll was conducted.. and do actually deep dives into what happened and how things could possibly get better

But like sports, things have gone to far into the hot takes, predictably convos and overly defending a position and being defensive of something that has now been proven wrong

TYT and the Intercept….truly turned out to be a net negative.

The amount of terrible folks that come from that tree is insane :lol:

And looking at their funding, it raises some eyebrows for me.

TYT, has been one of the worst things in politics of the last 20 years, aside from Sillicon Valley & Fox News/Right Wing media. The people that come out of there have done irreparable damage. I think it’s pretty clear they’re all agents

Continue to be spot on about them smh

Continue to be spot on about them smh

Couple points

-TYT sucks

They are just left wing Newsmax. They dislike Kamala for their petty reason so they clutch their pearls at everything

-Kamala referencing that kinda made me chuckle. If I were her, I don't think I would be touching the "he is a pedophile and not really black" song. :lol:

But hey, the song is everywhere. I would think most people paying attention to pop culture would know it.

This is a fair take by TYT IMO. Kamala is out here acting like Hillary Clinton with the hot sauce in my purse comment from 2016. Pandering at it's finest
This is a bad take

-Kamala Harris is a black woman, making a culture reference to a song by a black person

-And Hilary wasn't pandering. I know I have corrected you on this a couple times before. There are articles out there about Hilary have a hot sauce collection from the 90s.

Charlemagne asking her a question and he made a joke that other black people made to her.

Just say you don't like these women

Last edited:
This is a bad take

-Kamala Harris is a black woman, making a culture reference to a song by a black person

And Hilary wasn't pandering. I know I have corrected you on this a couple times before. There are articles out there about Hilary have a hot sauce collection from the 90s. She has mentioned it before. Apparently it was a known thing to her friends and associates

Charlemagne asking her a question and he made a joke that other black people made to her.
Appreciate the response. A couple of things:

1.) She act's "black" when it's convenient to her political pandering of minorities. Especially when that ad was made for the BET awards (the absolute lowest common denominator of black culture).

2.) Hilary was indeed pandering to minorities. Joke or not. This isn't her first rodeo. Need I remind you of this.....

3.) I've never spoken to you about Hillary Clinton. I rarely bring her up in this thread.

Appreciate the response. A couple of things:

1.) She act's "black" when it's convenient to her political pandering of minorities. Especially when that ad was made for the BET awards (the absolute lowest common denominator of black culture).
What is "acting" black?

She is black.

So she made an ad for a music award show and you have an issue she uses phrases common in hip-hop. You have an issue with her citing one of the most popular song made by a black artist this year.

If you think the BET Awards are the lowest common denominator for black culture, then you think hip-hop is too. Some of the biggest black celebrities were at the BET Awards.

This just seems silly that a black person can't participate in black culture.

2.) Hilary was indeed pandering to minorities. Joke or not. This isn't her first rodeo. Need I remind you of this.....

She was making a joke based on a coincidence. A joke black people have made to her.

What is the pandering in this video, the few seconds of the accent? Ok you don't like that.

But I don't see how a speech about protecting voting rights is pandering

3.) I've never spoken to you about Hillary Clinton. I rarely bring her up in this thread.
Ok, sorry I have you confused for someone else.

Dude again, just say you don't like these women. These aren't strong arguments.

So the Supreme Court said the right to an abortion is not in the constitution. Now they say they don't care that immunity is not in the constitution.

Is the Supreme Court decision even constitutional? Is that really within their scope and authority to say that anyone is immune from prosecution or above the law? If that's the case, what about Senators and Congressmen, they should be immune too right?

Does this immunity for official acts extend to anyone that has authorities or powers vested to them in the Constitution?

I have so many questions.

One additional hypothetical - let's say the ruling was that president's are immune for official and unofficial acts. Would the President be able to shoot someone (on 5th avenue) and violate that other persons constitutional right to life? And be immune? So the Supreme Court can simultaneously grant a right, immunity, not stated in the constitution, and take away, life, a right stated in the Constitution?

Last edited:
95% of the criticisms I hear about Kamala Harris seem silly or petty to me.

Like there are legitimate criticisms to make of Harris, most people don't make them

So, this whole "A black person acting black" thing seems weak too.

Black politicians code switch all the damn time. Obama did it. Hakeem Jeffries quotes Biggie lyrics all the time. To this day.

Kamala Harris is a black woman that engages with black culture and generally has a positive view of other black people and black culture. But somehow her interacting with it is a problem?

What is "acting" black?

She is black.

So she made an ad for a music award show and you have an issue she uses phrases common in hip-hop. You have an issue with her citing one of the most popular song made by a black artist this year.

If you think the BET Awards are the lowest common denominator for black culture, then you think hip-hop is too. Some of the biggest black celebrities were at the BET Awards.
Would you make the same rationale if Clarance Thomas made that ad instead of Kamala? He's black, but he doesn't carry himself that way (regardless of how terrible of a person he is) and neither does she. Again, this is pandering on her part. She's no different than any other white democrat that tries to court the minority vote by code switching and throwing out pop culture references. And btw, the BET awards has nothing to do with real hip-hop. That was a straight up minstrel show on display for the world to see.

She was making a joke based on a coincidence. A joke black people have made to her.

What is the pandering in this video, the few seconds of the accent? Ok you don't like that.

But I don't see how a speech about protecting voting rights is pandering

You really trying to defend her putting on a "Black" accent? Come on brah! That was a major violation. She could have read that passage without doing that. And no one in that audience would have liked her any less.

Dude again, just say you don't like these women. These aren't strong arguments.
Sure thing! I don't like Hillary or Kamala. I think they both have and will cost the democrats the presidential election.

Would you make the same rationale if Clarance Thomas made that ad instead of Kamala?

It would be weird she Thomas do it because he comes off like hates black people and black culture altogether.

But if I saw him repeating a Kendrick Lamar lyrics I won't think it was a big ddeal.

He's black, but he doesn't carry himself that way (regardless of how terrible of a person he is) and neither does she.

This is utter ********

Clarence Thomas is hostile to the basic civils rights of all black people. He is hostile to anti-discriminations laws. He is hostile to economic policies that would benefit black people.

Kamala Harris and Thomas have opposite views on nearly every major issue facing black America.

Equating them seems like an unserious argument

Why does Kamala Harris not carry herself as a black person? You have not explained this.

Again, this is pandering on her part. She's no different than any other white democrat that tries to court the minority vote by code switching and throwing out pop culture references.

Yes she is different, Kamala Harris is a damn black woman. :lol:

I'm sorry, but this sounds silly.

She is a black person that like black culture. She is fundamentally different that a white democrat that is trying to find a way to relate to black people.

Where are people getting this black people are not black nonsense from? Kendrick? :lol:

And btw, the BET awards has nothing to do with real hip-hop. That was a straight up minstrel show on display for the world to see.

Spare me these respectability politics, and what qualifies as "real hip hop"

BET Awards as a bad reputation because of their low quality production. I get that but you doing too much.

You really trying to defend her putting on a "Black" accent? Come on brah! That was a major violation. She could have read that passage without doing that. And no one in that audience would have liked her any less.

I said if you have a problem with it is fine. I don't have an issue with a black person being upset by it.

What I am saying that you want to ignore the context of the speech. She didn't need to do the accent but you seem so put off at it you handwave what she is saying.

This is not the example you chose to originally use. Like the hot sauce thing was completely made up in your head

Sure thing! I don't like Hillary or Kamala. I think they both have and will cost the democrats the presidential election.
Hillary Clinton became the nominee because black voters wanted her to be the nominee, she beat Bernie in 2016 because of the black vote in the primary.

Her being the candidate is what black voters wanted. Or did you forget about that?

Kamala Harris is not costing Democrats anything. She is not on the top of the ballot, she is not running against Trump, Biden is. Biden is the one struggling right now, not her. So if Dems lose in November it will be mainly on Biden, not who his VP is.

And I am starting to get the idea that you dislike these women for other reasons. Especially Harris

Back
Top Bottom