***Official Political Discussion Thread***

f23.gif

I think Joe looked really good tonight. You can tell he was getting energized from the crowd. That being said, this doesn't change his prospects very much.

I think he's done a good job as president, all things considered. He's in a good job with NATO, the PACT act, It looks like the economy is headed for a soft landing, prices were down in June and thinks look like they're headed in their right direction with Israel and Hamas.

Overall I think the country likes a direction Democrats are taking things in (or at least like the prospects of a Democratic president over a Republican president) but Biden's age will always be an issue and there is nothing he can do to change this. He is too old to run, Trump is too old to run as well. If Biden stays at the top of the ticket he will lose.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump appeared to confuse the leaders of Turkey and Hungary in a campaign speech in New Hampshire on Monday.

“There’s a man, Viktor Orbán, did anyone ever hear of him?” Trump said, referring to the Hungarian prime minister.

“He’s probably, like, one of the strongest leaders anywhere in the world. He’s the leader of Turkey,” the former president said. Turkey’s president is Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

vu-AAMc-TWo-WKF.gif
Oh, you mean hedging their bets and making sure their relationship with the US is not harmed by the results of the election? Sounds like a non-story to me.

Still waiting on how y'all justify gambling on the replacement option beyond looking at polls...

The democrats feel like the 2016 Republican party,

the religious right supporting Trump because they knew they could secure policy concessions from him.

If they lose they don't care because they are in safe seats. If they win they have a president that's in debt to them.

The DSA seems to be running the same play.

I think they are setting themselves up for a massive L.

If Biden survives this with the support of the left, against the wishes of all the swing state house candidates and Senate candidates.

And Biden stays in and loses, or get blown out?

That's going totally discredit DSA people within the party.

I think the knives will be out, and you're going to see a lot more Jamaal bowman an style primary challenges.

Susan Collins who would be vital for Trump to try and move the women in the Republican party past their justified resentment over Roe v. Wase says she won’t vote for Trump….. Crickets

Bernie Sanders who was Bidens biggest competition in 2020 writes a Op-ed in support on Biden winning a second term. …… this is bad for Democrats

I am not even going to make a joke out of this, its just clear that the focus for some people is way to much on Biden and not enough of the state of the race.

I think they are setting themselves up for a massive L.

If Biden survives this with the support of the left, against the wishes of all the swing state house candidates and Senate candidates.

And Biden stays in and loses, or get blown out?

That's going totally discredit DSA people within the party.

I think the knives will be out, and you're going to see a lot more Jamaal bowman an style primary challenges.
Jamaal Bowman was unfortunate, but the lesson doesn't apply here. He got primaried with the overwhelming monetary support of AIPAC due to his comments supporting Hamas, with a challenger who was the most popular politician with his constituents. Its a whole other topic but AIPAC is doing that regardless to other DSA candidates literally right now. Its clear they see them as a political threat and are taking steps to primary all of them.

The best chance they have is to go mainstream and hitch themselves to a potential rising Biden, or maybe join:be absorbed by the WFP.

Back
Top Bottom