***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Seems like some sensible and obvious regulations would have gone a long way in preventing this from happening

- Universal background checks
- ban on ar-15
- no gun ownership prior to turning at least 21 (id argue 25)

Saw a tweet from here indicating that the Dems should use the assassination attempt to file extensive gun reform and make the Repubs try to filibuster it, and name the bill on Trump’s behalf.

IMO, the Dems need to come off of this aggressively and take charge of the narrative. This momentous event doesn’t change the fact that our future is at stake with Project 2025 looming in the distance if we all don’t do our parts.

Trump is STILL a violent, unhinged criminal who will do whatever it takes.

Yall be extremely safe out there!

You’re not wrong, but I don’t think that’s how this is gonna play out :lol:

Not that I’m hoping for that, I wish we could just send thoughts and prayers and call it a day, but we’re gonna hear about this till Nov.
I think like everything there are going to be two perspectives on this, but I also don't see how this doesn't start a conversation on gun control. The shooter being a republican doesn't allow them to shift the narrative into something where the democrats are at fault. They can't obscure the real issue of a lack of gun control in America.

I think like everything there are going to be two perspectives on this, but I also don't see how this doesn't start a conversation on gun control. The shooter being a republican doesn't allow them to shift the narrative into something where the democrats are at fault. They can't obscure the real issue of a lack of gun control in America.

:lol: have you engaged in any topics of substance with most republicans? They just wave a hand and ignore anything and everything that is remotely logical.

I mean, they were able to shift the conversation after children were killed. I don’t doubt they can dodge the gun control issue (pun intended). We’ll get a bunch of insincere talk about mental health and the the narrative will shift to how “tough” Trump is.

The thing that’s gonna suck is all the Dems that are gonna come out and wish Trump the best and all this other stuff like he didn’t tell his supporters to storm the capitol.

I’m not advocating for political violence but I think the damage Trump will do if elected president after this incident will outweigh what would have happened if he became a martyr.

His folks staged an insurrection and tried to overthrow the government when he lost an election

Imagine what they would have been trying to do if he was killed

I mean, they were able to shift the conversation after children were killed. I don’t doubt they can dodge the gun control issue (pun intended). We’ll get a bunch of insincere talk about mental health and the the narrative will shift to how “tough” Trump is.

The thing that’s gonna suck is all the Dems that are gonna come out and wish Trump the best and all this other stuff like he didn’t tell his supporters to storm the capitol.
I don't think saying “glad your not dead” changes the narrative of Trump ain't ****. Hell look at this thread as a microcosm.

Biden did it right but pivoting to discuss gun control. Its needed in this country, where every couple of weeks we have a random mass shooting or this week an assassination attempt.

His folks staged an insurrection and tried to overthrow the government when he lost an election

Judging by their success rate on Jan 6th, …….absolutely nothing! They killed more of themselves that day and **** on the walls. Air Force Karen being shot was hilarious. “Medic!!” LOL. Ain’t not medic lol

Their own kind, a Republican white christian male, just shot and missed his own nominee LOL

well they would need to aim it at themselves since a MAGA was the shooter

It’s not about sympathy, it’s about people viewing him as some type of martyr because he got shot and didn’t die. Quite literally if he had been an inch to the right, this is a whole different conversation.

(Martyr might not be the right word here but you get what I’m implying)

I can't see anyone outside of his already committed voting bloc buying into the almost-martyr narrative:

- He got shot by a Republican
- He cheered on past acts of violence against Democrats

To me, this is just another case of chickens coming home to roost. You can't rile people up for 9 years and either expect a peaceful political environment, or expect that violence won't ever be used against yourself.

This is why there are rhetorical red lines politicians are not supposed to cross unless they actually mean it.

I can't see anyone outside of his already committed voting bloc buying into the almost-martyr narrative:

To me, this is just another case of chickens coming home to roost. You can't rile people up for 9 years and either expect a peaceful political environment, or expect that violence won't ever be used against yourself.

This is why there are rhetorical red lines politicians are not supposed to cross unless they actually mean it.
You’re right, but we live in a country full of idiots :lol:

All Trump has to do is walk out at his next rally to Many Men and his Black male support is gonna go up 1000% :lol: We live in a unserious society.

Agreed, i’m curious to see how the habitual verbal line steppers react to this. All the make-believe stuff they used to say is very real now, and there are consequences. They live their lives off of fear mongering, and now they have to spend their days in fear of being the next target. Ironic. Being a trump pundit used to just be political suicide, now it might just be the regular kind.

You’re right, but we live in a country full of idiots :lol:

All Trump has to do is walk out at his next rally to Many Men and his Black male support is gonna go up 1000% :lol: We live in a unserious society.
No it will not.

Why does everyone keep acting like we’re teenage boys. It’s all inverted racist bird whistles. Black people have heard about project 2025 and seem pretty dead set on voting against Trump.

This is such an offensive meme based 100% on the belief that black men as a whole identify with criminality and violence. I forget the ******* who originally thought it up and tweeted it, but he is a known racist. It was the guy who got convicted but Trump pardoned him.

IMG_6633.jpeg

If this is real…. Did he shoot Trump, because Trump was best buddies with Epstein, and might have been doing pedophile stuff with him?

Ahh man, this might get deep.

No it will not.

Why does everyone keep acting like we’re teenage boys. It’s all inverted racist bird whistles. Black people have heard about project 2025 and seem pretty dead set on voting against Trump.

This is such an offensive meme based 100% on the belief that black men as a whole identify with criminality and violence. I forget the ******* who originally thought it up and tweeted it, but he is a known racist. It was the guy who got convicted but Trump pardoned him.
Lol where you stay?

Back
Top Bottom