***Official Political Discussion Thread***

not gunna lie, im slightly worried about the Tariq Nasheed/Not like Us crowd
poisoning the well with Kamala and black male voters.

like if i was a russian disinformation operative, that's what I would spam on social media.
My guess is a good percentage of those folks aren't even going to vote in the first place, just say all that on social media like its a hot take.

Forcing Kendrick into this lmao
Famb, we didn't bring Kendrick into this

It on social media too

The "Not Like Us" soundtracked Kamala takedowns coming

Remember when I told you dismissing someone's blackness for petty reasons was some nasty work. Welp enjoy the next few months playa. Don't say I didn't warn ya...

the-wire-stringer-bell.gif

Look who these donations are coming from. If you're donating, you're obviously voting.

I'm confused how people who are already voting are gonna win her the election. All this money doesnt matter if people dont mess with her.

There's gotta be stats of campaigns who were funded the most and what the result was.
Ok, so confirmed that you’re pulling it out of your *** :lol:

Famb, we didn't bring Kendrick into this

It on social media too

The "Not Like Us" soundtracked Kamala takedowns coming

Remember when I told you dismissing someone's blackness for petty reasons was some nasty work. Welp enjoy the next few months playa. Don't say I didn't warn ya...

the-wire-stringer-bell.gif

You starting to sound like your cousin a little fammo
hubie.png

The Black vote is always the game changer in every state other than AZ and NV. Black men vote consistently for our side and in big numbers but where it gets tricky is if third party candidates and social media play on tropes and other things to convince/scam folks that Kam is a cop or ain’t black with just enough effectiveness to cost us a few voters. Project 2025 will offset this. With respect to Hispanic Men, Ruben G and his Senate campaign will help tremendously in AZ and Reid’s hotel union infrastructure will help. I’m candidly not too worried on that front if we run on Project 2025 which treats Black and Hispanic men the same no matter if you vote Republican or third party.

It sounds like GOTV efforts primarily then?

Even with record high overall turnout in 2020, the racial turnout gap (as a % of eligible voters) between Black and white voters remained roughly static from prior election(s). Meanwhile, Hispanic turnout spiked 6% (the Black vote was up 3%).

In 2020, Biden made inroads with white men, even those without a college education.

I guess what I’m seeing/thinking is that, each demographic is key and there needs to be thoughtfulness on how to capture the swinging blocks in each of the six aforementioned states.

Blaming kendrick for convincing black swing voters to vote orange :lol:
I do not think anyone is saying that

It is just the "Drake isn't black" stuff was a clever angle for a rap diss. But it was not something to take seriously, because fundamentally it a stupid thing to argue. But people still took it seriously

Kamala isn't really black is equally stupid

It is just that people might only face how stupid such arguments are in a certain context.

It isn't even a dig at Kendrick, it is a dig an people that took rap lyrics too seriously.

The idea that it’s black men who won’t vote for Kamala because of Drake and Kendrick memes is as asinine as the idea trump being shot makes him more attractive to black voters.

Most the people who claim they are black men on Twitter are performing digital blackface. Right now you go to place where black people really are they are talking about Project 2025.

It sounds like GOTV efforts primarily then?

Even with record high overall turnout in 2020, the racial turnout gap (as a % of eligible voters) between Black and white voters remained roughly static from prior election(s). Meanwhile, Hispanic turnout spiked 6% (the Black vote was up 3%).

In 2020, Biden made inroads with white men, even those without a college education.

I guess what I’m seeing/thinking is that, each demographic is key and there needs to be thoughtfulness on how to capture the swinging blocks in each of the six aforementioned states.
Excellent post and this has been the focus of my work outside of NT. GOTV is what will get us the win. Even with record turnout in 20 our inability to set up an effective ground game due to the pandemic made the race in the Rust Belt way closer than it should’ve been. The reality is that Trump and his campaign never invest in the ground game. After 20 , Biden and the DNC have heavily invested in the ground game and I believe that it will pay off.

Is it Tariq Nasheed then? Don’t worry about black men voting

ill explain this once.

there are popular online black manosphere influencers who push gender war stuff between black men and women
and really push the "your not really black" not like us type arguments.

these influencers are popular with low trust, more loosely attached democratic party black male voters.

low trust black male voters (along with latino men)
is where biden is seeing the most erosion in his support from 2020.

Kamala being half black and married to a white man, might struggle to appeal to these type of low trust hard to reach black men.
and im guessing online trolls are going to be heavily pushing this narrative. its something the Harris campaign will have to deal with.

it's already started with these same people using "Not like us" as the theme song for this campaign.

Last edited:
I'll just stick to 3K playing the flutes then.
That's gotta be politically safe at least.

I know someone threw that on at least once at one of those Democratic Fundraisers 🕺🏿 🕺🏿 🕺🏿
The events are go to are usually put on by the Union. So it is either the older black women get to the laptop first, or the Latino dudes.

When it is the Latino dudes, they be playing stuff I never heard, and can't understand. I be in that joint praying a Bad Bunny song comes in at least.

ill explain this once.

there are popular online black manosphere influencers who push gender war stuff between black men and women
and really push the "your not really black" not like us type arguments.

these influencers are popular with low trust, more loosely attached democratic party black male voters.

low trust black male voters (along with latino me)
is where biden is seeing the most erosion in his support from 2020.

Kamala being half black and married to a white man, might struggle to appeal to these type of low trust hard to reach black men.
and im guessing online trolls are going to be heavily pushing this narrative. its something the Harris campaign will have to deal with.

it's already started with these same people using "Not like us" as the theme song for this campaign.
This is why I always point to the old Keven Samuels thread as a good look into the mind of dudes that the Trump campaign is gonna target to make them more disillusioned with the Democratic Party.

You can see the turn when it stopped being about laughing at the spectacule of the calls, or basic dating expectations, and it went into deeper resentments with black women.

Nasheed takes it another level too. He doesn't like immigrants, so Harris had not being a native born African American is also a problem for him.

Grifters finna go wild.

Keep in mind that this poll was before Sunday where she became the presumptive Nominee. I would throw out any polling for at least a week or so when we have a clearer picture especially with our side coming home.

Yeah, I think things will get better. Also Kamala has the luxury of being able to campaign 24/7 until the election.

Back
Top Bottom