***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I didn’t take it as him saying “drake isn’t black”, it’s just dude ain’t from certain places and certain things ain’t his culture.. which ain’t a crime, obviously

I’m sure you’re familiar with it.. but my whole life I’ve seen other bahamians or Caribbean dudes I knew as children and then they go away for school for couple months and start talking with accents.. we BEEN clownin those dudes
Dude, Kendrick didn't just diss Drake for using accents. He went way beyond that. Called him a colonizer. :lol:

And it is not the same thing I am talking about. I don't give a **** about people dissing Drake. He probably earned a good public humbling.

Dudes that go overseas get jokes because they are West Indians going to a foreign country and hide part of themselves that make them distinct. And these are jokes.

If people just took rap lyrics as jokes, I won't call it out. But reading the Rap thread for a couple pages, or looking on social media it is obvious people took it seriously.

That it fundamentally my issue. Treat rap beef lyrics as jokes. Not serious social commentary.

Last edited:
1. Most of the people on Twitter (especially the ones who post about politics all day) are high information, politically motivated individuals who already have their mind made up. They don't represent the normal, low information voter that needs to be mobilized to win elections.
Those who are online also share the stuff they see on their TL with folks in their circle who are less into politics, but who trust the politically motivated person.

2. I really question that 18% figure. Republicans have been talking about increasing their black supporters for many election cycles and it's never materialized.

May not be that much, but I can say, from anecdotal observation, that the shame associated with being a black Republican is not what it used to be, and you can thank social media for bringing that minority within a minority together. I don't doubt that it's grown.

And remember, they don't want a large share of the Black electorate because they don't want to address their concerns. A large enough Black conservative base will put the GOP at odds with their larger anti-black base because they'd be forced to actually write policies that address food deserts, irresponsible policing, economic opportunity or watch their support dwindle.

You think 22m people log into twitter in the US daily? It’s under half that monthly when you filter out the bots, not to mention (and I know this is probably a shock), but the majority of twitter users aren’t following politics. lucky to get half the country voting. 1 in 30 might be generous with the overlap.

Twitter is for diehard politico male types (2/3 male), and you see it in the content and hot takes. Most of it never filters to the general voting public cause they’ve got better things to do than refresh their feed all day long than cheerleading politicians.

Were you not paying attention during the Arab Spring? That was the first example of the political power of social media. The Rohingya genocide was another example of how Facebook can be leveraged to spring people to murderous action. Most folks don't have Twitter accounts, but if you refer to a video/post that gets traction there, chances are that a significant portion of your audience will recognize the situation. There aren't impenetrable walls between social media platforms and reality.

Last edited:
He is a goof ball, but Killer Mike is a good example to look at to see how disillusionment can play out.

He has progressive views on most issues

Has a right wing view on one issue and that dominates a lot of his thinking

He has a ton of hostility toward the Democratic Party. So much so he will do things that gets a ton of blow back from other black people.

And Killer Mike is probably on aggregate way more progressive that the marginal black male voter.

I can't speak for Osh but the point is not that grifters like Tariq Nasheed will dominate the discussion, or flip a majority of black male voters.

Most black men will vote Democrat

Most black men don't like the Republican party

But it is will documented that the Dems have not been turning out enough black voters reliably for a while. And that there is a lot of disillusionment with the party among black voters, concentrated more with men than women. More with non college educated voters. L

There are a lot of black voters that are happy with the Democratic Party, that creates an open ing for opposition campaigns to fan those flames, and it creates a political problem for the Dems.

I am in a ton of space spaces all the time. I have witness the disillusionment.
yeah but you’re talking about a inherent issue with black turnout and a generational failure of the democrats to build enthusiams between them and black voters.

A black woman, and project 2025 threatening black jobs and freedom on the ticket will at the very least see an uptick of black voters

Famb, we didn't bring Kendrick into this

It on social media too

The "Not Like Us" soundtracked Kamala takedowns coming

Remember when I told you dismissing someone's blackness for petty reasons was some nasty work. Welp enjoy the next few months playa. Don't say I didn't warn ya...

the-wire-stringer-bell.gif

I just don’t understand people picking apart Kamala when Donald Trump isn’t black and is the other option

Reading some of your takes on Kamala and "Not like us", that's exactly the kind of rhetoric I'm talking about. While it's a catchy punchline to question his blackness, it's a dangerous stigma that affects many. For me, the song itself took on a life of its own because it's not about a slogan on how strong someone ethnicity is, but rather how they aren't built the same. That's why you hear it a lot in sporting events.

On the same topic, the toxic memes and social media clips about how Trump is more relatable to Blacks because of his conviction, "false prosecutions," and every bad stigma that plagues the Black community are even more repulsive. Unfortunately, young, easily impressionable minds can't differentiate. It's sad.

yeah but you’re talking about a inherent issue with black turnout and a generational failure of the democrats to build enthusiams between them and black voters.
Dude they go hand in hand

The disillusionment that already exist make people easier marks for certain messaging

Because you aren't selling them on something new, you are confirming some previously held beliefs.

A black woman, and project 2025 threatening black jobs and freedom on the ticket will at the very least see an uptick of black voters

I am not as hopeful. I don't know how things will shake out.

I think it is just as likely Trump improves his numbers with black men.

Dude, Kendrick didn't just diss Drake for using accents. He went way beyond that. Called him a colonizer. :lol:

And it is not the same.

Dudes that go overseas get jokes because they are West Indians going to a foreign country and hide part of themselves that make them distinct. And these are jokes.

If people just took rap lyrics as jokes, I won't call it out. But reading the Rap thread for a couple pages, or looking on social media it is obvious people took it seriously.

That it fundamentally my issue. Treat rap beef lyrics as jokes. Not serious social commentary.

I don’t think what Kendrick was saying was anything really that new or that deep.. but it was the first time drake really got called out for it or got cracked on it

But there are no shortage of videos and pictures from when dude was younger and we see the obviously influences in his music

Ultimately ain’t the end of the world.. just like gettin called out for it or clowned for it ain’t the end of the world either

Just like Candace owens getting fired from dailywire and then running to the breakfast club

The idea that it’s black men who won’t vote for Kamala because of Drake and Kendrick memes is as asinine as the idea trump being shot makes him more attractive to black voters.

Most the people who claim they are black men on Twitter are performing digital blackface. Right now you go to place where black people really are they are talking about Project 2025.

Twitter isn’t a real place, as Dave Chappelle once said

Sometimes people have opinions that are just rubbish. The fact is that Kendrick did challenge Drake on his Blackness, prohibited him from saying the N-word, called him a pedo colonizer, and doubled down in other songs. Whether this was Kendrick's intention or not, the fact that he never corrected people who ran with that narrative just solidified it. For example, Rick Ross called him "white-t" after the song and mocked him for it. You can see the implications of such jokes now if people run with that narrative with Kamala.

He is a goof ball, but Killer Mike is a good example to look at to see how disillusionment can play out.

He has progressive views on most issues

Has a right wing view on one issue and that dominates a lot of his thinking

He has a ton of hostility toward the Democratic Party. So much so he will do things that gets a ton of blow back from other black people.

And Killer Mike is probably on aggregate way more progressive that the marginal black male voter.
He was all in on Bernard “Prime Time” Sanders but went down a bad path fast after Bernard lost.

Killer Mike is a CLOWN AND A DEPLORABLE.

gry60 gry60 I think that the money involved for Black people selling us out and being Republicans has made certain deplorables do and say anything. The shame is still there but the money is big. Check my Avy. Dude is a joke but loves when racists cheer when he says “AMERICA IS NOT A RACIST COUNTRY “

Reminds me of this Simpson’s episode where the Critic asks McBane how he could live with himself putting out crap like that and his response accurately reflects Black Republicans

I just saw this on Twitter and keep in mind this is 100% completely anecdotal but these are southern white guys who are big college football fans and Trump supporter and they are already out on Vance 😂

At least when Trump is talking his mess he at least seems authentic and he believes what he's saying. JD seems like a wrestler cutting a bad in ring promo pretending to be Trump.

I don’t think what Kendrick was saying was anything really that new or that deep.. but it was the first time drake really got called out for it or got cracked on it

But there are no shortage of videos and pictures from when dude was younger and we see the obviously influences in his music

Ultimately ain’t the end of the world.. just like gettin called out for it or clowned for it ain’t the end of the world either

Just like Candace owens getting fired from dailywire and then running to the breakfast club
I think you talking pass me a bit

I really don't give a **** about the beef in any real way. It is two emotionally immature rich people bickering and trying to cause each other public embarrassment for no good reason.

Ok, cool. People should just enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

I'm saying what Kendrick said was not deep or insightful in any real way. Yet a lot of his fans treated as such. NT and Twitter were littered with dumb takes about Drake's blackness. And who is really "black"

It is like watching two dudes argue. One gets called the b-word, and people start writing sentences about the genetic similarities between humans and dogs.

I don't give a **** about the disses. They both sounded crazy. It was the stupid reaction to them.

Last edited:
It's indeed remarkable how Kamala Harris faced significant setbacks in the 2020 primaries, receiving low polling numbers(2%?) and ultimately dropping out early in the race after being overshadowed by Biden, Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, and Buttigieg. Now, she has emerged as the frontrunner of the Democratic Party, seemingly propelled by a sentiment of "anyone but Trump" among the electorate. It remains to be seen whether this strategy will prove successful in the upcoming elections.

The people didn't like her then, lets see now.

I think you talking pass me a bit

I really don't give a **** about the beef in any real way. It is two emotionally immature rich people bickering and trying to cause each other public embarrassment for no good reason.

Ok, cool. People should just enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

I'm saying what Kendrick said was not deep or insightful in any real way. Yet a lot of his fans treated as such. NT and Twitter were littered with dumb takes about Drake's blackness. And who is really "black"

It is like watching two dudes argue. One gets called the b-word, and people start writing sentences about the genetic similarities between humans and dogs.

I don't give a **** about the disses. It was the stupid reaction to them.

Definitely, but that’s on them

I just took it all in the same vein as when we clowned people as kids.. and ain’t hard to find vids of that dude growing up

1721683645798.gif

But it’s a rap beef, shh is going get said.. won’t be the first and won’t be the last

Dude they go hand in hand

The disillusionment that already exist make people easier marks for certain messaging

Because you aren't selling them on something new, you are confirming some previously held beliefs.

I am not as hopeful. I don't know how things will shake out.

I think it is just as likely Trump improves his numbers with black men.

The tweet after says this was before Biden stepped down.

I think the biggest issue Kamala will have is white men, and if she gets a VP they can identify with (because Trump and Vance both are horrible) she’ll be ok.

Definitely, but that’s on them

I just took it all in the same vein as when we clowned people as kids.. and ain’t hard to find vids of that dude growing up

1721683645798.gif

But it’s a rap beef, shh is going get said.. won’t be the first and won’t be the last
Dude again, you talking pass me

I don't give a **** about the rap beef.

Kendrick and Drake sounded like to crazy people. But it is what it is.

I don't care about Drake. He makes good music, he comes as an emotionally immature person

I don't care about Kendrick. He makes good music, he comes off as an emotionally immature person

I am making a commentary about the stupidity that followed from some fans mainly. Most Kendrick's.

You keep trying to tell me about the dynamics of rap beef, and I am not even taking issue with that.

I don't care about Drake. He makes good music, he comes as an emotionally immature person

I don't care about Kendrick. He makes good music, he comes off as an emotionally immature person

I am making a commentary about the stupidity that followed from some fans mainly. Most Kendrick's.

You keep trying to tell me about the dynamics of rap beef, and I am not even taking issue with that.
I am not going to lie I thought the beef went from ok this is cool to this is really ugly and petty and I don’t like either of them anymore. I also did consider that Kendrick went to far questioning Drakes blackness but in the grand scheme of things they both did and said way to much.

Drake and Kendrick’s beef was just ugly. As a fan of both of them before the beef it was like watching mutual self destruction.

That’s most fandom

But I’m just talking about drake getting called white.. as long as I been alive them jokes been getting off about various people in various forms

Hell I BEEN known about looking at the state of the hair or the lack of lotion and telling the type I’m dealing with

I am not going to lie I thought the beef went from ok this is cool to this is really ugly and petty and I don’t like either of them anymore. I also did consider that Kendrick went to far questioning Drakes blackness but in the grand scheme of things they both did and said way to much.

Drake and Kendrick’s beef was just ugly. As a fan of both of them before the beef it was like watching mutual self destruction.
What did you think about Jay leaving condoms on a baby seat?

Back
Top Bottom