***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Heard a comment that Walz is what JD Vance thinks he is. Vance has tried to drop zingers on the Dems, and the audience has given him tepid applause, at best. Walz came out swinging, calling him a fraud, and basically telling him to back up his own BS. Vance is in such a bad position now. He's gonna get steamrolled in a VP debate.

The landmark gifts, made by his Bloomberg Philanthropies group, will give $175m each to Howard University College of Medicine in Washington DC, Meharry Medical College in Tennessee and Morehouse School of Medicine in Georgia. Another $75m is headed to Charles R Drew University of Medicine & Science in California, according to a news release from Bloomberg.

Class sizes and anticipated growth determined the funding levels, the organization said, adding that an extra $5m will be given to support a new medical school in New Orleans being created by Xavier University of Louisiana – another historically Black institution – and Ochsner Health, a prominent hospital network in that region.

God bless you all and your opinions but holy **** this echo chamber of a thread is so out of touch with reality.

Donald Trump will likely be the next President of the United States and we will hopefully be unburdened by what has been.

God bless you all and your opinions but holy **** this echo chamber of a thread is so out of touch with reality.

Donald Trump will likely be the next President of the United States and we will hopefully be unburdened by what has been.

What has been burdening you?

BD16C27D-9F12-4EB8-B2B5-277734D11669.jpeg

It's amazing how different things are for the Dems now compared to just a few weeks ago.

We all owe Joe Biden a big thank you.

This should be highlighted - for how frequently there is talk of Dem political ineptness. It was a high risk move and they executed it out of the gates perfectly

Enthusiasm + a huge flood of cash with more to come since their small donors haven't been maxing out on subsidizing their candidate's legal problems

And there's still a convention. And she's still not that well known yet with more upside than her opponent

She lost to what I understand is a pretty liberal dude. She made herself beatable.

Also, Cori Bush is bad at politics...

AIPAC is funding primary challenger against people they view out of step with their views.

People have every right to be angry at that

But people like Bush and Bowman made themselves so beatable in their districts because of bad political moves.

Like voting against the infrastructure bill
In law there are two concepts called actual cause and proximate. Actual cause is when something does play a major role in a results, white proximate cause is the thing that directly led to the result. Both of them being bad politicians is an actual cause of them not being elected but the proximate cause was the what $20+ million spent on those two campaigns to knock them out.

And its just starting AIPAC wants what they want but the next PAC/Lobbyist group will want something too, and eventually were going to just see arm races between special interests, mega donors, and companies to outspend each other to get the candidate they want (who is essentially in their pockets) elected. The system was always like this, just never to this degree.

With Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman imo they are just bad politicians who misread the electorate.

I think there are some people who have convinced themselves that Democrats in deep blue areas actually hate the Democratic party.

I just don't think this is true,

most Democrats like the democratic party. They like the normie liberal positions. (Including normie democrat foreign policy)
And importantly they don't want people who make trouble for the Party.

AOC understands this, she runs to the left of the democratic party but she tries to give out the impression that she is fundamentally a team player.

Imo that was the point of her caping for Biden staying in. To give out the vibe that she is on the team.

Cori Bush does goofy things that generate bad news cycles for democrats. And if your primary voting partisan democrat. You like the democratic party and you don't like people who that.p

The AIPAC stuff, while problematic, is just cope.

Be better at politics.

With Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman imo they are just bad politicians who misread the electorate.

I think there are some people who have convinced themselves that Democrats in deep blue areas actually hate the Democratic party.

I just don't think this is true,

most Democrats like the democratic party. They like the normie liberal positions. (Including normie democrat foreign policy)
And importantly they don't want people who make trouble for the Party.

AOC understands this, she runs to the left of the democratic party but she tries to give out the impression that she is fundamentally a team player.

Imo that was the point of her caping for Biden staying in. To give out the vibe that she is on the team.

Cori Bush does goofy things that generate bad news cycles for democrats. And if your primary voting partisan democrat. You like the democratic party and you don't like people who that.p

The AIPAC stuff, while problematic, is just cope.

Be better at politics.
Omar has her primary next week

She has been running ads mentioning her support for Biden.

I think AIPAC spending does play a role. TV ad spend is correlated with results. It is reasonable to have issues with their actions. I mean even Obama have called them out.

But Bowman and Bush gave AIPAC tons of ammo to use. Like most of the attacks against them were that they don't support the party. Have nothing to do with Gaza.

I know a hard primary sucks when you are and an incumbent, but the lesson learned here should be that you have to operate smarter.

Omar has her primary next week

She has been running ads mentioning her support for Biden.

I think AIPAC spending does play a role. TV ad spend is correlated with results. It is reasonable to have issues with their actions. I mean even Obama have called them out.

But Bowman and Bush gave AIPAC tons of ammo to use. Like most of the attacks against them were that they don't support the party. Have nothing to do with Gaza.

I know a hard primary sucks when you are and an incumbent, but the lesson learned here should be that you have to operate smarter.
Sure I'm not saying AIPAC is a non factor, it's def problematic, I don't support or agree with AIPAC on really any level

but to me it just feels like special pleading when people act like they are some all powerful force buying elections.

It's the job of a politician to manage and beat special interest groups. Like I can understand feeling like it's not fair but like on another level it's literally her job.

AOC manages to do this. I think Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman could have done this also. You can be an isreal skeptical democrat. It's totally doable.

So it's hard for me to feel bad for them.

Back
Top Bottom