***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Beyond the actual substance of the debate itself the most impressive thing to me was how well she was able to control the debate. Harris showed qualities of a strong leader and was able to manipulate Trump better than just about any candidate that’s gone up against him.

There’s still work to be done until November, but it’s hard to not feel a little more confident.

Didn't watch the full debate yet due to timezone differences but at work it was a constant spam of 'ConCePt oF a PLaN' and 'ThEy'Re EaTiNg ThE DoGs' in the Teams spam channel :smh::lol:

It's so obvious they have no idea what to say or do, so they just roll out whoever wants to be on and say ********!! 🤣🤣

Hey douchebag, we all saw what we saw, and it was a murder 🤣🤣

I had to listen on the audio because it got hit in the eye by Faulkner's buttered biscuit crumbs

IMG_4602.jpeg

This photo from this morning should show EVERYONE (including all those conservative religious sects who worship him) that this man (and his two moronic ****nut sons behind him) do not care about religion or than they are religious or that they "pray" or "read the Bible". And they sure as hell don't give a damn about the people who were killed 23 years ago!! Gig is up Fatman!!

Screenshot_20240911-113423.png

What's the demographic makeup of the people betting here?
Probably similar to this.

The demographic of sports bettors tends to be young, male and wealthy. According to Ipsos, 39% of bettors are under the age of 35, and 69% of bettors are male. Additionally, more than half (51%) of sports bettors are white and 44% have an income of $100k or more.

lol these things are all offshore so they have no oversight and you just assume they are on the up and up. I can't take you seriously. Have a good day, man.

you literally don't understand any of this. you've demonstrated this multiple times.

instead of making things up, just educate yourself.

I truly don't understand this don't do media philosophy. it's bizarre.

Go talk to Charlemagne, post debate he will 100% hype you up, and you'll reach the demographics you need to reach.

She doesn't give a damn and has been open about it. This is from her documentary in 2020. I'm so happy my daughter can look up to a woman like that.

She's a bad woman. Much more brave and bold than she gets credit for from her own business affairs to this. Sad they have to fear for her safety for a basic American right though.

Beyond the actual substance of the debate itself the most impressive thing to me was how well she was able to control the debate. Harris showed qualities of a strong leader and was able to manipulate Trump better than just about any candidate that’s gone up against him.

There’s still work to be done until November, but it’s hard to not feel a little more confident.
First time somebody really put him on defense. She didn’t seem rattled, even her facial expressions seemed very measured and practiced.

My only criticism would be that she definitely dodged some questions and pivoted back to talking points, but they were still largely related to the original question.

Once again, I think a lot of people’s standard for politicians is Obama, and she’s definitely not that good. But this version of her is absolutely better than like 99% of politicians Democrat or Republican.

1726011871184.png

i don't know if i feel better of worse.

Polymarket is a particularly bad predicter. Keep in mind Americans can't use Polymarket so youre seeing the the betting patterns of non-Americans.

Also, keep in mind that these bidding market and anything we don't know. They don't have any additional information. For example, during the DNC the bet that beyoncé would perform at the DNC was bet up to 96 cents (based complete made up at TMZ)...only to crash when it never materialized.

At the end of the day these are just gamblers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240911_073355_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_073355_Google.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 70
I love what's happening. Since the media love to talk about Trump so much, the WHOLE MORNING is him getting belittled.

The whole morning is his own words cooking him.

The whole morning is him trying to save himself when he can't be saved.

The whole morning is memes mocking him. The whole morning is analysis of just how bad he ****** up. The whole morning is him getting called unfit, people showing clips over and over of his nonsense, him looking like a kook.

Nah, don't step in that trying to add on. The media wants to be obsessed with Trump no matter what he says and does. So let them do that now and have it hurt his chances. Just talking head after talking head saying he lost. JD Vance repeating nonsense.

Don't step in the way of your opponent beating themselves. Like yall wanna let Dwight Howard shoot take those 3s, go ahead. I saw what he did in practice. I aint comin out there to guard him. :lol:

And I love it. I love watching Trump getting tinier, and tinier and tinier.

Polymarket is a particularly bad predicter.
and you're basing this on what exactly?

there is plenty of evidence of the predictive power of prediction markets.

1726071702924.png

and they certainly seem to outperform political pundits.

1726071848404.png

so what makes a prediction market a "particularly bad predicter"?

Keep in mind Americans can't use Polymarket so youre seeing the the betting patterns of non-Americans.

yah and there were no americans on poker sites until they legalized it. and there were no americans sports gambling online until they legalized it.

cmon be serious.

also in a global media internet connected world im not exactly sure that would matter.

Also, keep in mind that these bidding market and anything we don't know. They don't have any additional information. For example, during the DNC the bet that beyoncé would perform at the DNC was bet up to 96 cents (based complete made up at TMZ)...only to crash when it never materialized.

obviously yes, that's the point. prediction markets are supposed to be an aggregation of publicly available information, just like the stock market. its not supposed to offering secret knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom