***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The US economy is recovering at a steady pace already. It's not as strong as some people would like, but it's better than it was when he was sworn in, and that's what people were asking for, no?

So it seems like most Obama supporters admit that the economy is still in crappy shape but he "needs more time". How much longer is it going to take?
Things haven't been able to change due to Bush's mistakes and republicans fighting Obama's proposals for change. Things will be better this time around man.

Are you serious?
I'm not even super pro-Obama like that but the man inherited the worst economy in 30 years.
He's the President he ain't Jesus.

You're right, he inherited the worst economy since the one Reagan inherited from Carter.

And Reagan turned it around in about 2 years.

Are you serious?
I'm not even super pro-Obama like that but the man inherited the worst economy in 30 years.
He's the President he ain't Jesus.
if he keeps spending the next president in 2016 will inherit the shttiest deficit in the history of earth

The Hillary hype train for 2016 is already getting strong...the GOP is done!

It's gonna happen.

nah, im looking at cuomo vs christie for 2016.

and dont count da GOP out, before ronald regan..they were da VERY small minority for decades. they just RECENTLY regained power when you look at history in perspective.

they know their party wont survive running wit just old angry white men. da evangelicals need to be kept away from da controls and placed a muzzle.
You think Cuomo will be ready by then? I honestly feel he'll be the perfect replacement for Obama though,,
da way he's handling business in NY? no brainer...while Washington is experiencing da worst gridlock in recent history, cuomo was THIS CLOSE on endorsing a

republican that had lost his primary election to a more conservative repubican because he helped da vote on passing da legalization of gay marriage in NY state. now if that aint

working across da aisle then i dunno what is. his job approval numbers are super high, and da state is working together to get things right, regardless of left or right.

he's even is WAY ahead of schedule in creating da exchanges for obama care now. and he's passed BALANCED state budgets for this year easy. that boy cooking.

You're right, he inherited the worst economy since the one Reagan inherited from Carter.
And Reagan turned it around in about 2 years.

Lol I see an NT conservatives wants to go on the offense already

-I would love to see a atheist candidate more that anything

-A black, lesbian, atheist, latina candidate would be amazing. People's head would explode

Last edited:
Lol I see an NT conservative wants to go on the offense already

I'm just asking how long it's going to take for Obama to turn things around?

My point is that the economy could still be in the crapper after 8 years of Obama and all you liberals would still have excuses. Probably would still blame it on Bush.

The US economy is recovering at a steady pace already. It's not as strong as some people would like, but it's better than it was when he was sworn in, and that's what people were asking for, no?
laugh.gif

i know we're all happy for obama, but nah b.

it will take a DECADE PLUS to get to pre-2008 levels if we keep growing at da rate we're growing now.

da fiscal cliff is loomin, and honestly..im GLAD because that gun to everyone's head over at washington should get em to handle our spending, deficts, and

economy going forward.

:lol:

i know we're all happy for obama, but nah b.

it will take a DECADE PLUS to get to pre-2008 levels if we keep growing at da rate we're growing now.

Yep. The monthly jobs added we are seeing now isn't even enough to keep up with the growth in population.

My point is that the economy could still be in the crapper after 8 years of Obama and all you liberals would still have excuses. Probably would still blame it on Bush.

Well then holla at us in 4 years and we will talk. Election ended 4 hours ago and your're already demanding answers from Obama supporters because you're upset your candidate loss.

They really need to call Florida

Obama's up 43K votes

Only counties left

Brevard: Romney won 56-43 (4% still needs to be counted) about 11,000 votes
Dade: Obama won 62-38 (7% still needs to be counted) about 57,000 votes

Last edited:
Well then holla at us in 4 years and we will talk. Election ended 4 hours ago and your're already demanding answers from Obama supporters because you're upset your candidate loss.

So if the economy still sucks in 4 years will you admit that Obama was a failure?

Lol I see an NT conservative wants to go on the offense already

No disrespect but if you think Ronald Reagan or any President for that matter turned the economy around you aren't intelligent enough to further engage a discussion with

im just sayin based on things that have occurred here the last several days it seems a legit transsexual would get a lot of support/admiration/appreciation from some of the guys on this board

I want to hear what the black preachers who basically were, saying Obama is the devil, have to say about his re-election.

da way he's handling business in NY? no brainer...while Washington is experiencing da worst gridlock in recent history, cuomo was THIS CLOSE on endorsing a

republican that had lost his primary election to a more conservative repubican because he helped da vote on passing da legalization of gay marriage in NY state. now if that aint

working across da aisle then i dunno what is. his job approval numbers are super high, and da state is working together to get things right, regardless of left or right.

he's even is WAY ahead of schedule in creating da exchanges for obama care now. and he's passed BALANCED state budgets for this year easy. that boy cooking.

I have a friend who works in the Capitol Building up here in Albany... He said Cuomo would be a strong candidate, but foresees State Dems possibly spoiling because the Dem leadership in NY hates him.

So it seems like most Obama supporters admit that the economy is still in crappy shape but he "needs more time". How much longer is it going to take?
I started to explain but it's not worth it. Honestly if you haven't researched how economics works and prefer to remain ignorant then I won't stop you.

Play on playa.

I started to explain but it's not worth it. Honestly if you haven't researched how economics works and prefer to remain ignorant then I won't stop you.
Play on playa.

Please educate me sir.

In reality I know more about economics and presidential history than you ever will. I'm not ingorant, sheepish Obama voters are.

So if the economy still sucks in 4 years will you admit that Obama was a failure?

No, because it is not that black and white.

And I, like most people, voted for Obama twice because he was the most superior candidate. The grade I give Obama at the end of the four years won't be strictly based on the economy. There is more to being the president than that. In case you forgot

But I know you are sitting and hoping, waiting and praying, that the economy is **** so you can scream. SEE I TOLD YOU SO, OBAMA IS A FAILURE

By the way, Republican candidates have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 elections.

As many of you have mentioned, given the demographic shifts in the American electorate, this trend will only continue unless the GOP can figure out a way to reconfigure the party.

Back
Top Bottom