***Official Political Discussion Thread***

How was Twitter last night yall? I went to bed at 10:30

I see a bunch of "THank you Jesus" facebook statuses LOL.

shout outs to da secretary of "explaining stuff"

obama owes his political career to bill clinton, from his surrogate work thru out da campaign, to leaning on him when times were rough.

da first person obama called after mitt called obama to congratulate him on da re-election was bill, to thank him.

How could the republican tkt win the race when their candidates can't even bring home their own states..

How could the republican tkt win the race when their candidates can't even bring home their own states..
governor mitt was a moderate, da one running for president had to mutate into a conservative JUST to sneak outta of primaries.

mitt should've picked christie..he would've had a much better shot, cuz those social issues hobbled his campaign.

Glad its over, all the talk of its neck and neck....one of the closest elections ever omg what is going to happen....stupid media propaganda to try to make it seem like it was ever in flux.

303-206

56,654,307 votes Romney
59,011,968 votes Obama

I wouldn't call it a huge margin....but its not like it was neck and neck like in the 2000 election

But raising taxes on the "rich" (job creators) isn't going to help the economy. Going further and further into debt isn't going to help. None of Obama's policies are going to help. They haven't helped in the last 4 years. Maybe they will start helping now though :rolleyes Hope I'm wrong.

Really this job creator narrative again...

There's not one reputable source that proves individual tax rates have much, if any bearing on their hiring standards.

Employers only hire if they need employees. If there isn't a need for an employee, they don't hire. End of story.

If there is a person out there who has a position to fill, and his or her company would benefit financially by hiring that person, but they don't hire because their individual income taxes are 39%, rather than 35%, then I can show you a comically bad businessman or woman.

Last edited:
All the religious conservative people on my facebook are seriously afraid that Obama is going to destroy America.... I really do not get it. :smh:

obama owes his political career to bill clinton, from his surrogate work thru out da campaign, to leaning on him when times were rough.

da first person obama called after mitt called obama to congratulate him on da re-election was bill, to thank him.

You have a very short memory. Do you remember the Democratic primary against Hilary Clinton. Obama owes no one but himself and his wife/family for his political career.

You have a very short memory. Do you remember the Democratic primary against Hilary Clinton. Obama owes no one but himself and his wife/family for his political career.

Yeah....Bill borderline HATED Obama during the dem. primary and maybe only after he appointed Hillary that started to subside, I'm glad they reconciled though Clinton was that dude, and if Hillary gives it a go in 2016 she will have a very strong chance, especially if the President has a semi-successful next 4 yrs and comes off a high..Hillary (or whoever the Dems nominate) will have a very strong chance.

And :lol: at Bobby Jindal, I bet the stubborn GOP will end up "trying" to nominate and promote diversity with Jindal, Rubio, but that type of party shift in ideology and caring about "minorities" doesn't just come from nominating someone with XX chromosomes or a darker skin color....they need to DRAMATICALLY alter their stance and kick the tea party to the side if they want any shot at the 2016 election and beyond. Its not obviously the only thing that matters, but look at the crowds at each of the candidates speeches.....that tells an important story

Exactly. Ninja still trying to rewrite history I see.

I'm sad to say my candidate lost, but I'm happy to say all the shenanigans (ads/bashing/cheating/slimey tactics) will hopefully come to an end. I hope that the fiscal cliff doesn't actually happen. I hope that we shift our focus to educating (pro-active prevention of many many many things). And essentially, stop all the hate that goes around. Let's continue to push the envelope in this country!

I think it doesn't matter who you voted for anymore. The deal is done. It's time to come together and support our president!

I hope that I haven't offended anyone, and I'd be sad if anyone has been. I hope everyone can agree with me on that!

Sidenote: After Rubio's speech at the GOP convention, I think it's pretty obvious.

Those comments from Bill O'Reilly are disgusting.:smh:

It's true:

I'm assuming you're not serious so :lol:

But if you were serious :stoneface:

:lol:

Sad thing is he probably is. This is what they think we are, and this is the thinking they have to change in the Republican party. They've seen fit to attack who we are and pander to the tea party and extremists. The Republican party as it currently is will never get my vote. And that's not an automatic vote for the other side, just none for the side that sees you as a pariah, less than they are without basis. Sad seeing some minority groups (blacks, gays, immigrants etc.) not get it and still lean that way. It's bigger than the economy.

Back
Top Bottom