***Official Political Discussion Thread***

S/o to президент Trump for helping John Lewis start a movement :smokin

@Fusion:
FYI: For the first time in history, at least 38 members of Congress are boycotting Donald Trump’s inauguration http://fus.in/2ixAx3a

they're setting a bad precedent IMO, but politically they're in safe district so they good.

I'm all for anything that goes against the normalization of Trump and his cronies :lol:,business should NOT be going on as usual

Last edited:
Lady in the vox video sounds just like some of the people my mom works with, they might be even dumber.

trump supporter who enrolls for ACA: I'm voting for trump

ACA employee who isn't an idiot: You know if he wins you will lose your job.

trump supporter who works for ACA: I don't care. I'll go back to the Waffle House.

Looks like Merkel is up next in the disinformation campaign

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/angela-merkel-replaces-hillary-clinton-as-target-of-fake-news/

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has become a target of websites spreading fake news, misleading stories and conspiracy theories ahead of her country’s election, according to an analysis compiled by Rico's favorite website BuzzFeed News.

A website called Your Newswire, which was responsible for spreading the “Pizzagate” conspiracy about Hillary Clinton and a pizzeria in Washington, D.C., claimed Merkel took a selfie with one of the terrorists in the Brussels attack, the report said, when it was actually a refugee.

Another website, Anonymousnews.ru, published recent fake stories about German NATO officers arrested in Aleppo for collaborating with members of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), reported BuzzFeed, which also said the website contained pro-Kremlin propaganda and has also made claims about the CIA being behind 9/11.

The report said some of the other websites posting fake news include Junge Freiheit, which is a weekly newspaper that has been endorsed by the country’s far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party.

BuzzFeed’s analysis found that some of these fake stories were the top-performing about Merkel on social networks last year and that they often would mix conspiracies about refugees and Islam with legitimate information. The report noted that some English-language outlets are also promoting anti-Merkel stories including Breitbart, which was previously headed by Trump’s incoming White House chief strategist.

Merkel, who has served as chancellor of Germany since 2005, is running for for her leadership position again, with the election expected this fall.

"Born smart"

Donald Trump is a god damn moron :lol:

let's be honest, by what metric are u judging him?...da man is a billionaire and just won da Presidency.

are u making da "that NBA bench warmer is a scrub but he can ICE anyone regular Joe Schmoe at a local YMCA, blacktop court in NYC" context?

The context of thinking people are born smart. You serious right now? :lol:

yeah I'm serious.

u can actually be born smarter than average.

we dunno if it Applies to da Donald:lol:

but after this election season, homeboy too crafty to ever be considered a moron.

He is smarter than the morons he conned, that's about all I'll concede.

"Born smart"

let's be honest, by what metric are u judging him?...da man is a billionaire and just won da Presidency.

are u making da "that NBA bench warmer is a scrub but he can ICE anyone regular Joe Schmoe at a local YMCA, blacktop court in NYC" context?

yeah I'm serious.

but after this election season, homeboy too crafty to ever be considered a moron.

You could say born gifted or more apt to apply and retain knowledge in certain categories. Born smart implies born with knowledge.

I can definitely say Donald is above average in some areas though, it's evident through his campaigns success :lol: bruh out here like the Pied Piper.

You could say born gifted or more apt to apply and retain knowledge in certain categories. Born smart implies born with knowledge.

I can definitely say Donald is above average in some areas though, it's evident through his campaigns success :lol: bruh out here like the Pied Piper.

You have to be able to think like a moron to know what makes them tick, it's why when you hit them with facts and statistics they can willingly act like they don't exist. And you just repeat the same simple words/phrases like "believe me", "bigly", "yuuuge" and they eat it up. No substance need to be provided. Is that a gift? It's up to you to decide.

Last edited:
"Born smart"

yeah I'm serious.

He is definitely a better showman than he is a businessman. That works well in a political context that favors flash over substance.

Looks like Merkel is up next in the disinformation campaign
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/angela-merkel-replaces-hillary-clinton-as-target-of-fake-news/
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-to-avoid-getting-conned-by-fake-news-sites/[/URL]"]

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has become a target of websites spreading fake news, misleading stories and conspiracy theories ahead of her country’s election, according to an analysis compiled by Rico's favorite website BuzzFeed News.

A website called Your Newswire, which was responsible for spreading the “Pizzagate” conspiracy about Hillary Clinton and a pizzeria in Washington, D.C., claimed Merkel took a selfie with one of the terrorists in the Brussels attack, the report said, when it was actually a refugee.

Another website, Anonymousnews.ru, published recent fake stories about German NATO officers arrested in Aleppo for collaborating with members of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), reported BuzzFeed, which also said the website contained pro-Kremlin propaganda and has also made claims about the CIA being behind 9/11.

The report said some of the other websites posting fake news include Junge Freiheit, which is a weekly newspaper that has been endorsed by the country’s far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party.

BuzzFeed’s analysis found that some of these fake stories were the top-performing about Merkel on social networks last year and that they often would mix conspiracies about refugees and Islam with legitimate information. The report noted that some English-language outlets are also promoting anti-Merkel stories including Breitbart, which was previously headed by Trump’s incoming White House chief strategist.

Merkel, who has served as chancellor of Germany since 2005, is running for for her leadership position again, with the election expected this fall.
[/quote]

Putin is polluting the information well of all of his neighbors. Hopefully, their people really are better read and more discerning than Americans and Britons.

Price tried to pull a fast one.

Not buying the "my broker purchased the stock without my knowledge" excuse.

Defining "smart" is tricky. It covers many different aspects of life and can range from pure factual knowledge (dictionary smarts) to problem-solving abilities (puzzles, math, etc.) to executive abilities (running a business, getting a project done, etc.). And there are many more.

Also, there is definitely a genetic component to who is good at what.

Regardless, Trump is definitely "smart" at some things. He has dumbed down how he talks and the ideas he shares because he knows it resonates with more people. Like Gry60 says, he is a great showman, and it takes some sort of ability to understand people to be a great showman. He also recognizes that not everyone is equally smart, and he knows that there is a certain large fraction of people who can be easily manipulated. With the same breath he can call them stupid but then say "bigly" and they'll eat it up. In fact they'll eat their way to obesity and diabetes and then wonder where their health insurance went.

All that said, there is a kind of unspoken rule at the top levels of "intelligence" or free thought over the centuries that ties together human decency with the epitome of human achievement. This goes back for thousands of years. So even though we can give Trump some credit for "winning" in what he has done, history will remember it as nothing more than a cheap trick, a virus that took advantage of our democracy, a parasite that lived off the tired and poor that this country was intended to protect.

Last edited:

You have to be able to think like a moron to know what makes them tick, it's why when you hit them with facts and statistics they can willingly act like they don't exist. And you just repeat the same simple words/phrases like "believe me", "bigly", "yuuuge" and they eat it up. No substance need to be provided. Is that a gift? It's up to you to decide.

it takes a more powerful system to emulate a previous inferior/outdated system so can make da case he knew what he was doing if you want to pursue it on that angle.. takes smarts to do that.

Very proud of Elder Statesman LePage for his wise words. After he eloquently educated us on G Money, Smoothie and Shifty, he gave us a wonderful explanation of history like only he could. BEN CARSON 2020.

Back
Top Bottom