***Official Political Discussion Thread***

we're way past da point of bad optics, da media is out to get Trump, w/e he does will be cast in a negative light, so im pretty sure Trump factored that either way (as seen by da stories generated by da WaPo & NY times)

Trump hasn't had a public gaffe in a long time, all this media furvor is starting in da media.
So you're saying that firing an FBI director right after a public hearing regarding Flynn and the Russia investigation is a good strategy because da media is already out to get him anyway? Are you serious?

I'm gonna put myself in the position of a devoted Trump supporter right now. I support my president, and I believe the media is out to get him. The last thing I would want my president to do is to throw a truck load of gasoline on the flames by firing the FBI director right after such a hearing, knowing it'll cause a ****storm that could have easily been avoided.

I would still support da Don of course, but I would hope that he takes rational steps to minimize the terrible optics.

He then only made it worse by having his WH aides provide contradictory statements, and then he goes on an interview and contradicts everyone and explicitly says he made the decision to fire Comey and essentially say the Russia investigation is the reason he got fired.

In what world is this a good strategy? I'm trying to put myself in the position of a devoted Trump supporter here and I can find no way to rationalize this incident. None.

Edit: And that will be the end of our discussion. What you are saying is just completely delusional. 

Last edited:
I would assume someone/something may be pressuring him to not cooperate. Maybe he is being threatened or whatever he has to hide is so bad taking this strategy would somehow put him in a better position. Everyone knows he is legally ****** already, so why would he not cooperate at this point? He's only making his situation worse by doing this. 

Last edited:
Funny how the "media is out to get them" narrative never applied for Hillary when her emails dominated the news cycle for months straight :lol:

Only applies when King Mango Snowflake is involved and gets his feelings hurt :frown:

Last edited:
And I'm hearing Chaffetz is going to step down later this afternoon LMAO
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/18/chaffetz-to-announce-early-departure-from-congress-238550

Either Chaffetz is in trouble or he's being smart and getting out of there on a good note (subpoenaed Comey's memos, actually doing his job) before the ship goes under.

He's relatively young and the right loves him. He doesn't strike me as an idiot so I think the second option is more likely.

Maybe that 2020 governor run rumor ends up being true after all. And he knows he's not gonna be able to do so if he stays on this sinking ship.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) is expected to announce Thursday that he is resigning before the end of this congressional term, according to three sources familiar with his plans.

Chaffetz did not respond to a request for comment Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Multiple sources say he will leave Congress on June 30.

Chaffetz, 50, is chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the top investigative body in the chamber. He recently subpoenaed James Comey's memos, and invited the fired FBI director to testify next week before his panel.

Chaffetz told POLITICO last month he had begun exploring employment outside Congress. Several sources in the Capitol say Chaffetz has told his colleagues he will appear on Fox News.

Last edited:
Da proverbial "shake of da Shasta bottle" has started, my brolio's.

That's word to da Donaldo J.

Last edited:
Mueller was FBI director for 12 years, completely apolitical so there will be a end.

and last time i checked, he ain't a fan of leakers either.
Comey was his boss.

umm, no.

6th Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
In office
September 4, 2001 – September 4, 2013

President George W. Bush
Barack Obama
Deputy Bruce Gebhardt
John Pistole
Timothy Murphy
Sean Joyce
Preceded by Thomas Pickard (Acting)
Succeeded by James Comey

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller

they both were directors, he was his predecessor.

judging by da fact none of ya heard of him & he spend his tenure under 2 terms of bush & 2 terms of Obama means he's gonna be absolutely fair.

Trump got better odds being handled by a fair arbiter then what was going on previously.

so we're gonna get a answer, da wolf crying and political spin on either side is over in that regard.... Democrats better hope he finds something, cuz this is da hail mary.

Last edited:
so we're gonna get a answer, da wolf crying and political spin on either side is over in that regard.... Democrats better hope he finds something.l, cuz this is da hail mary.
In other news, today is the 18th of May. Again, why do you keep repeating ad infinitum what is simply common sense?

Back
Top Bottom