***Official Political Discussion Thread***

giphy.gif

Karma? Come on guys, not a fan of his politics, but either give condolences or don't say nothing at all. It's not like he's **** Cheney or something.

I tried but I couldn't help it.

Let's be real for a minute. These people can go to bed and sleep with both eyes shut knowing that with a smile and the stroke of a pen they have condemned millions to a slow, painful death or bankruptcy then a slow, painful death. Ain't no way I'm feeling sorry for the guy who got shot or McCain.

Screw them all.

They confirmed the people responsible for things like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...77740635e83_story.html?utm_term=.bac625e34088

Making the government, our government as ineffective as possible out of a desire to "win," or as a way to get back at the black guy.

**** them.

I think it's time to cut the cord with any romantic or childlike notion that the two parties are the same.

In no way are Democrats faultless in politics. But it is becoming more and more clear that Republicans have become a force of destruction in this country.

I can only hope that voters in 2018 and 2020 help remedy this threat to our country.

edit: As for McCain's health, I have always tried to maintain a separation of health from politics. That's a big reason why I think the decision of an abortion should be left to the woman and her doctor and no one else. Illness is often the darkest days for anyone, and it will come for everyone at some point. We don't need karma to do it. That said, I understand people's frustrations and, if there is a time for someone to deserve it, perhaps this is it. But even then I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Last edited:
Apparently they can't 40 votes now for repeal. What bunch of clowns man, these folks sold their base a bunch of lies for years and now they can't even get in line. They'll still find a way to blame the "libs" though.

Speaking of how the scumbaggery of the GOP knows no end,this is sickening

blatantly partisan videos from the HHS.

it's a bit absurd.

**** them

disgusting that they're publishing these videos of people having to pay more, as if that's the tragedy in health care, and not people losing lives or losing all their money fighting an illness.

Speaking of health insurance, I had a meeting with an insurer rep. earlier today regarding a hospitalization insurance. My mom was thinking of getting one as her back problems are becoming more problematic and since I don't have one anymore it would probably be best for me to have one as well, since I'm likely to require hospitalization given my condition. And an endocrinology emergency card that says I have to get a special injection at the ER if I catch a high fever, vomit, diarrhea, ... which might end up in hospitalization.
So we invited a local rep. we've known for a long time and he explained some of the basics. My mom is turning 58 later this year so her premium is around ~€1000/year. Mine would be €31.51/month. The premiums are not subject to change with aging. Whatever age you are when you get the insurance is your set premium. Of course premiums can still rise or lower due to market changes, just not because of your age. It will pay 80% or 50% (depending on a couple variables) of the remaining costs after general health insurance is detracted from hospitalization and related costs 30 days before and after a hospitalization. I can use this insurance globally, even in the US. They even pay for repatriation if I get hospitalized abroad.
Sounds pretty good for €31.51/month to me.

What kind of costs are y'all looking at for hospitalization insurance premiums in the US?

blatantly partisan videos from the HHS.

it's a bit absurd.

**** them

disgusting that they're publishing these videos of people having to pay more, as if that's the tragedy in health care, and not people losing lives or losing all their money fighting an illness.

There is a tragedy that people seem to only be able to understand a single perspective. I'm sure most reasonable people agree that affordable healthcare, for everyone, is ideal. The issue is who should have to pay for it.

You can have health insurance, lose all your money paying a high deductible, and still lose your life to illness. It's sad.

The attitudes towards McCain in the hospital are deplorable.

There is a tragedy that people seem to only be able to understand a single perspective. I'm sure most reasonable people agree that affordable healthcare, for everyone, is ideal. The issue is who should have to pay for it.

You can have health insurance, lose all your money paying a high deductible, and still lose your life to illness. It's sad.

All of us should pay for it because the probability that we will all need to see the doctor in our lives is 1, and the burden of doing it right now is too great for most except the multimillionaires.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trump-aide-bankrupted-by-a-single-illness

Count the number of breaks this guy has had. Even with all his connections, money, what have you, he still had to file for bankruptcy. How do you expect a 35k making person to make it with an illness when the bottom of the upper class can't?

Oh, and if we're gonna talk about deplorables:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/13/15966034/senate-republicans-exemption

Senate Republicans included a provision that exempts members of Congress and their staff from part of their latest health care plan.

All of us should pay for it because the probability that we will all need to see the doctor in our lives is 1, and the burden of doing it right now is too great for most except the multimillionaires.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trump-aide-bankrupted-by-a-single-illness

Count the number of breaks this guy has had. Even with all his connections, money, what have you, he still had to file for bankruptcy. How do you expect a 35k making person to make it with an illness when the bottom of the upper class can't?

Oh, and if we're gonna talk about deplorables:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/13/15966034/senate-republicans-exemption

Let's talk about this 35k making person. Assuming they are young and healthy, you are ok with their insurance premiums increasing to the point that they say it is not worth it and just pay the penalty? What happens if they get sick after? You don't care?

Let's talk about this 35k making person. Assuming they are young and healthy, you are ok with their insurance premiums increasing to the point that they say it is not worth it and just pay the penalty? What happens if they get sick after? You don't care?
But you already pay significantly more for healthcare than those of us in other countries with actual good healthcare systems. Your healthcare spending per capita is significantly higher than nations with excellent healthcare that helps as many people as possible as affordable as possible.
A system can never satisfy everyone's need, but the point is making it so it satisfies the needs of as many people as possible.

Going further right from the ACA is just more hustling backwards. At the end of the day the US will still be paying significantly more for the worst healthcare system amongst the top western nations.
I have a disability, a chronic disease with no diagnosis and my insurance premiums aren't even remotely close to the enormous amount you pay in the US.

Obamacare was designed to implode so it was easier to transition to single payer.

its not that hard.
What kind of healthcare system would you like to see?
More likely it was the closest improvement Obama thought he could get to the abhorrent previous healthcare system at that time. Even now there doesn't seem to be a full unified support for single payer amongst politicians.
Compared to other nations the ACA system is terrible either way but it was certainly an improvement over the previous.
Premiums were projected to rise

the real tragedy is the US will never address its absurd defense spending.. it's sad that, that issue has become pretty much untouchable from either party

What kind of healthcare system would you like to see?
More likely it was the closest improvement Obama could get to the abhorrent previous healthcare system at that time. Even now there doesn't seem to be a full unified support for single payer amongst politicians.

i ain't opposed to single payer or a public option, but we all know its expensive AF so da US needs to be able to flex its capitalistic might in its highest order to pay for it, and unleash unlimited energy exploration to take advantage of our natural resources to fund it.

I'm surprised no one has made any mention of Trump saying 'I never would've hired Jeff Sessions if I knew he was going to recuse himself from the investigation'

Or did I miss yall posts

I'm surprised no one has made any mention of Trump saying 'I never would've hired Jeff Sessions if I knew he was going to recuse himself from the investigation'

Or did I miss yall posts

people commented but at this point it's expected that he'll incriminate himself over and over so the shock factor is gone.

Back
Top Bottom