***Official Political Discussion Thread***

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/trump-wall-street-journal-interview-full-transcript-241214

"So I deal with foreign countries, and despite what you may read, I have unbelievable relationships with all of the foreign leaders. They like me. I like them. You know, it’s amazing. So I’ll call, like, major — major countries, and I’ll be dealing with the prime minister or the president. And I’ll say, how are you doing? Oh, don’t know, don’t know, not well, Mr. President, not well. I said, well, what’s the problem? Oh, GDP 9 percent, not well. And I’m saying to myself, here we are at like 1 percent, dying, and they’re at 9 percent and they’re unhappy. So, you know, and these are like countries, you know, fairly large, like 300 million people. You know, a lot of people say — they say, well, but the United States is large. And then you call places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and you say, you know, how many people do you have? And it’s pretty amazing how many people they have. So China’s going to be at 7 [percent] or 8 percent, and they have a billion-five, right? So we should do really well." - Donald J Trump

This is why I teach Economics.

LIBBIE CONJECTURE AND INNUENDO won't save Rusty when Devos Bae gives him a beat down consisting of FAX UPON FAX MACHINE UPON ALT FAX UPON FACSIMILE.

tumblr_nc0hurfSmA1titzlso1_400.gif

Dudes going after AA is a joke and malicious as hell in intent not to mention how disingenuous the whole thing is. If they wanna be real about it they should go after legacy admissions as well but of course they won't, the most vulnerable are always a preferred target.

The hypocrisy on this issue is a real gear grinder of mine seeing as folks really just wanna prey on and push back against educational opportunities being handed to non WASP's

Came across this resounding bit of irony earlier

Sending a daily ***** this regime and **** anyone that loves or supports them* reminder

In response, Fisher sued. Her argument? That applicants of color, whose racial backgrounds were included as a component of the university's holistic review process, were less-qualified students and had displaced her.

Students graduating in the top 10 percent of any Texas high school are granted an automatic spot at UT Austin. Other students are evaluated through a holistic review process including a race-blind review of essays and creating a personal achievement score based on leadership potential, honors and awards, work experience, and special circumstances that include socioeconomic considerations such as race.

A few are accepted through provisional slots that include attending a summer program prior to the fall. One black student, four Latino students, and 42 white students with lower scores than Fisher were accepted under these terms. Also rejected were 168 African-American and Latino students with better scores than Fisher.

According to court documents, even if Fisher had received a perfect personal achievement score that included race (which, in itself, oversimplifies the admissions process), she still would not have necessarily qualified under UT's admission rubric.

In fact, when she applied for the class of 2012, the admission rate for non-automatic admits was more competitive than that of Harvard University.

Can't meet the grade threshold in your own school

Blame the POCs who did it in their own schools.

Talk about entitlement!

I don't know if you guys are truly trolling, but the last page had me rolling with the use of pics and GIFS. Keep it up :lol:

Going after affirmative action is just more red meat to his base. Don't white women benefit the most from affirmative action?

:smh:

Dudes going after AA is a joke and malicious as hell in intent not to mention how disingenuous the whole thing is. If they wanna be real about it they should go after legacy admissions as well but of course they won't, the most vulnerable are always a preferred target.

The hypocrisy on this issue is a real gear grinder of mine seeing as folks really just wanna prey on and push back against educational opportunities being handed to non WASP's

Came across this resounding bit of irony earlier

Sending a daily ***** this regime and **** anyone that loves or supports them* reminder

Any attack against it is a blind racist attack. Ain't no way to deny it.

Similar to ol boy asking if there was a NAACP why isn't there a WAACP. No idea what it means, but black folks gets some benefits so it's gotta be bad.

I'm actually reading something that touches on that resentment:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...l_wisconsin_voters_think_of_donald_trump.html

Pretty much echoes what we have been saying here. To some, equality does feel like oppression.

The sad thing is that rural Wisconsinites get more tax dollars than they contribute, but they can't help being jealous of people "who do nothing but sit on the computer all day." Someone should tell them that office overtime is rarely paid. They don't know about those unpaid internships either.

Any attack against it is a blind racist attack. Ain't no way to deny it.

Similar to ol boy asking if there was a NAACP why isn't there a WAACP. No idea what it means, but black folks gets some benefits so it's gotta be bad.

:lol: @ just assuming the N stands for "Negro"

Wait, that's really buddy in those pics? :lol:

Crazy how pictures can speak louder than words sometimes. Dude's e-persona makes perfect sense now.

Back
Top Bottom