***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Tiny hands

better_call_saul_banner_temporada_2-615x327.jpg

I have been in NT for a long time. When you're on a forum for over 14 years your posts tell a story about you. As much as I like to joke about Coal, Coal Gang and the Coalition, I have to tell the truth. Yesterday was a devastating day for this administration. Cohen and Paul getting the trip to Club Fed is an awful look for this administration. No amount of spin can save this administration from the inevitable. Start the chants fellas. LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP. By him I mean President Elect Barack Hussein Obama of course.
I always feel a little uneasy or upset, when you pretend to break character. I'm pretty new on NT, but I've been enduring the Maga-hats since 9/11 on other online forums. Back then they were chanting This-is-our-time-now and hoping to nuke the entire Middle-east. These refined gentlemen really got loud, when Obama beat old Dubya or as they called him: Barack HUSSEIN Obama(middle name always capitalized).

He would say this knowing this guy actually holds his legal life in his hands? Trump is as dumb as it gets
Maybe not stroke of genius, but some kind of stroke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3ce89036c78_story.html?utm_term=.eaeec50653cc

Excerpt:
According to court filings, Cohen used a line of credit for the Daniels payment that he obtained through a fraudulent loan application in 2015.

In January 2017, after Trump’s election, he sought reimbursement for the Daniels payment from Trump. Unnamed executives at the Trump Organization directed that Cohen be paid $420,000, which would reimburse him for his payment, along with additional money for taxes and expenses and a $60,000 bonus, filings said. One executive told another to falsely describe the fees as legal expenses and describe the first two monthly payments as a “retainer,” according to court papers.

Went all the way from "It didn't happen" to "Everyone does it so it doesn't matter that it happened."

Same logic used by our fry lawyer.

I thought that the "It didn't happen" was in reference to President Trump and/or his campaign colluding with Russia to influence the 2016 election results.

To act as if it was in reference to Paul Manafort never committing financial crimes unrelated to Trump, or Models/Strippers getting paid off is dishonest.

So we already have the audio of Trump discussing the payments made by Cohen and now we have Cohen's admission today that he was directed by Trump to make the illegal campaign payments.

Last week it was "Collusion is not a crime"

Today it is "Directing your lawyer to commit a crime is not a crime"

Next week, they'll be saying "Killing someone is not a crime, and they still haven't found Russian collusion. Total witch hunt".

Trump was absolutely right when he said he could shoot someone and not lose a vote.

In fairness, whether paying off mistresses out of personal funds is considered an illegal campaign contribution is an open legal question. One that would undoubtedly head to SCOTUS if litigated. And, with the current composition of the court, an act that would likely not be considered a crime.

Back
Top Bottom