***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The verbal equivalent.
giphy (14).gif

It kinda sounds like what dwalk regularly hides behind when it's convenient.
And you don't need a prosecutor to tell you that you rarely ever get cases involving a criminal scheme where one or more parties explicitly spell out the exact element of a crime.

When an individual in the mafia tells a congressional witness to "just tell the truth, your family is watching", anyone who hears that understands that it is a threat against the witness' family the witness does not perjure himself.

When Roger Stone directed Randy Credico to commit perjury so Credico's testimony would match Stone's earlier false testimony, he didn't explicitly tell Credico "lie for me on the stand", nor any other explicit variation of "lie for me."
Instead, Roger Stone told Credico that he should put on his best Frank Pentangeli impression when he goes to testify.
The message was loud and clear, and Credico responded that he was not going to perjure himself to fix Stone's false testimony.

I would note that this timeline is missing another inculpatory fact.
Before the lifitng of the hold, Zelensky already committed that he would give the public statement on CNN in an interview scheduled for September 13.

According to sworn testimony, Bill Taylor was told by Sondland on September 8 that he had spoken to Yermak and Zelensky. Sondland told them they would be at a "stalemate" if Zelensky didn't issue the public statement.
Sondland then told Taylor that his call with Zelensky ended with Zelensky agreeing to give a public statement on CNN during an interview scheduled for September 13.
Source: https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/7767...of-william-taylor-acting-u-s-envoy-to-ukraine

August 26: IC Inspector General briefs DNI Maguire on the whistleblower complaint.

On or in the next few days after August 26: The WH learns of the content of the whistleblower complaint.
DNI Maguire stated in his congressional testimony:
"Upon reviewing the complaint, we were immediately struck by the fact that many of the allegations of the complaint are based on a conversation between the president and another foreign leader. Such calls are typically subject to executive privilege. As a result, we consulted with the White House Counsel Counsel’s office and were advised that much of the information, the complaint was in fact subject to executive privilege."

"Late August": AG Barr is briefed on the whistleblower complaint

Either on prior to September 8: Sondland is told by Zelensky that he will bow to Trump/Rudy's demand for a public statement and will provide that statement during a CNN interview scheduled for September 13.

On September 9: Congress is notified of the whistleblower complaint

On September 11: WH lifts hold on the security aid

Last edited:
And you don't need a prosecutor to tell you that you rarely ever get cases involving a criminal scheme where one or more parties explicitly spell out the exact element of a crime.

When an individual in the mafia tells a congressional witness to "just tell the truth, your family is watching", anyone who hears that understands that it is a threat against the witness' family the witness does not perjure himself.

When Roger Stone directed Randy Credico to commit perjury so Credico's testimony would match Stone's earlier false testimony, he didn't explicitly tell Credico "lie for me on the stand", nor any other explicit variation of "lie for me."
Instead, Roger Stone told Credico that he should put on his best Frank Pentangeli impression when he goes to testify.
The message was loud and clear, and Credico responded that he was not going to perjure himself to fix Stone's false testimony.
Yeah, as much as I think Trump is an idiot, I don't expect him to explicitly tell people "commit [insert crime] for me". However, he has regularly demonstrated behavior that makes him unfit to lead a country. Unfortunately we all know that the GOP is just going to keep moving the goalposts to deflect criticism and protect their power.

Last edited:
The only reason Sondland came to Jesus, well... he only met him halfway, was because the holy ghost held a perjury gun to his head.

Trump is not incredible sophisticated, if he wanted someone shot on Fifth Avenue, he would tell his henchmen to go shoot the person on Fifth Avenue, but he would wink and use air quotes, when saying the word shoot. If his henchmen then asked him to clarify, because they got confused and thought, he might just be joking, Trump would tweet: "No joke, I want him shot." The whole: "I want you to do me a favor" was about as subtle as headbutting an old lady.

Back
Top Bottom