***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Not support him, perhaps?

What would Donald Trump have to do to lose your support?

Oppose due process? That ship has long since sailed.
Enable White Supremacism? Ditto.
Harm children or the unborn? That doesn't seem to bother ICE.

Increase your tax burden?

For me, it isn't about supporting Trump. No permanent friends; no permanent enemies; just permanent interests. I think that the black vote becomes weaker when one party believes that they have black support as a monolith.

Leading Democrat, Biden, has the 1994 Crime bill which still has tons of people that look like me in cages around the country.
First Step Act was passed under this administration.

Both parties enable white supremacy. Yang was the only person of color on the last debate stage.

This point ignores abortion and the tons of black babies (under 18) that are locked in cages around America.

Neither side is perfect. Trump is certainly far from it.

But it does boil down to your last point. The regulations under this president results in net profits that I can reinvest into my community and help make the changes that I think are good instead of hoping that the federal government comes in and changes everything for the better. We've seen that play out. Like I said earlier, the hood been the hood. We take great interest in opiods but ignored and over prosecuted the crack epidemic under democratic and other republican administrations.

It isn't about Trump. But universal healthcare, universal college, forgiven student loans (while still issuing student loans), increased taxes and hoping that congress is going to somehow make the hood not the hood is not something I want to waste time hoping for.

But I think reasonable people can agree to disagree on that.

The rules of Niketalk literally won’t allow us to say the things trump says to each other

There's literally a thread on the first page that says "Anyone else not give a **** about the Troops?" . . .

Trump said that you'd be in here actin like it is the worst thing you've ever heard

For me, it isn't about supporting Trump. No permanent friends; no permanent enemies; just permanent interests. I think that the black vote becomes weaker when one party believes that they have black support as a monolith.

Leading Democrat, Biden, has the 1994 Crime bill which still has tons of people that look like me in cages around the country.
First Step Act was passed under this administration.

Both parties enable white supremacy. Yang was the only person of color on the last debate stage.

This point ignores abortion and the tons of black babies (under 18) that are locked in cages around America.

Neither side is perfect. Trump is certainly far from it.

But it does boil down to your last point. The regulations under this president results in net profits that I can reinvest into my community and help make the changes that I think are good instead of hoping that the federal government comes in and changes everything for the better. We've seen that play out. Like I said earlier, the hood been the hood. We take great interest in opiods but ignored and over prosecuted the crack epidemic under democratic and other republican administrations.

It isn't about Trump. But universal healthcare, universal college, forgiven student loans (while still issuing student loans), increased taxes and hoping that congress is going to somehow make the hood not the hood is not something I want to waste time hoping for.

But I think reasonable people can agree to disagree on that.
So the only thing he could do to lose your support is dig into your pockets, then?

And this is the moral high ground from which you snipe at your fellow discussion participants?

He is as morally dishonest and unprincipled as any of the other Trump trolls we've had in this thread so his opinions on the content here are of zero consequence...valueless

His alleged commitment to the preservation of due process had him defending noted pervert Roy Moore with every fiber of his being, but he had no issue with the due process rights of immigrants being totally ignored

Total fraud status

You don't determine what I care about. I certainly had an issue with the border situation and said no one wants to see children separated from their families.

When I talk due process in here, I am talking constitutional due process.

So the only thing he could due to lose your support is dig into your pockets, then?

And this is the moral high ground from which you snipe at your fellow discussion participants?

I'm not the one that has some moral high ground, the other posters are. I did that "smh" "yikes" "wow" etc to highlight the hypocrisy of the posters who acted like what Trump said was unbelievable but then say what could easily be classified as locker room talk. I stopped doing that, tho, because everyone acted like it was an issue to highlight the hypocrisy.

It's pages and pages of people taggin me questioning my morality, not the other way around.

There's literally a thread on the first page that says "Anyone else not give a **** about the Troops?" . . .

Trump said that you'd be in here actin like it is the worst thing you've ever heard

Still waiting for you to quote something worse than trump attacking a widow using her dead husband

And speaking of not giving a shh about troops:

Last edited:
I’m not American

And I think America’s defense spending is 1 of its biggest problems

I’m also of the view the reverence afforded to some in the military and especially with police, is something I am no way here for

also this seems relevant:

I’m not American

And I think America’s defense spending is 1 of its biggest problems

I’m also of the view the reverence afforded to some in the military and especially with police, is something I am no way here for

also this seems relevant:

I agree
We have arguably the greatest military force on the planet - simply speaking NOBODY can f with our firepower - for god sakes we have new high tech cannons on navy warships that can take out a target from the other side of the world.
We spend wayyyyy too much on defense spending when 80% of that money should be taken into healthcare reforms, education, rebuilding roads and tunnels and transportation services in major cities, helping out the homeless many of which are veterans.

Hey dwalk31 dwalk31 since you’re so concerned about troops

guess who was a World War II vet:

also of course that scumbag lied and of course you still going support him and come running to defend him

Wow.

80209406_1070551943320874_9133140250049118208_n.jpg

Acting as if to support the Democratic party you have to be sitting around and waiting for some type of handout as a black person is idiotic and plays on dangerous tropes that have long been harmful in this country. Black Democrats can be actively critical of the party, officials and candidates while not sitting around idle waiting for a political party to save you. But you know that.

Saying "the hood is still the hood" while discounting the effects that universal healthcare, student debt forgiveness, no voter suppression, strong unions, and other policies supported by Democrats could have on the black community is equally nonsensical. There's no magic save for black people in this country and everyone in this thread knows it. But it's clear that the Republican party is hell-bent on policies that increase wealth disparity, take resources from public schools, give less funding to HBCUs, make it more difficult for black people to even exercise the right to vote.

The same community you claim to invest in with your minimal tax break that you receive from Trump, you votes to push policies to strip healthcare away that increases the black infant mortality rate, or that has a department of education who refuses to relieve the Debt of students who took out loans from schools that were found to be fraudulent. Spare us with your claims of caring about black people. This is all about you. Back to ignoring every thing this clown posts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/21/trump-adviser-republicans-voter-suppression
Top Trump adviser: Republicans have 'always' relied on voter suppression
  • ‘Traditionally, it’s always been Republicans suppressing votes’
  • Adviser Justin Clark says remarks were taken out of context
One of Donald Trump’s top re-election advisers told influential Republicans in swing state Wisconsin that the party has “traditionally” relied on voter suppression to compete in battleground states, according to an audio recording of a private event. The adviser said later that his remarks referred to frequent and false accusations that Republicans employ such tactics.

But the report emerged just days after news that a conservative group is forcing Wisconsin to purge upwards of 230,000 people from state voter rolls more than a year earlier than planned, a move that would disproportionately affect Democrats before the 2020 election.

Acting as if to support the Democratic party you have to be sitting around and waiting for some type of handout as a black person is idiotic and plays on dangerous tropes that have long been harmful in this country. Black Democrats can be actively critical of the party, officials and candidates while not sitting around idle waiting for a political party to save you. But you know that.

Saying "the hood is still the hood" while discounting the effects that universal healthcare, student debt forgiveness, no voter suppression, strong unions, and other policies supported by Democrats could have on the black community is equally nonsensical. There's no magic save for black people in this country and everyone in this thread knows it. But it's clear that the Republican party is hell-bent on policies that increase wealth disparity, take resources from public schools, give less funding to HBCUs, make it more difficult for black people to even exercise the right to vote.

The same community you claim to invest in with your minimal tax break that you receive from Trump, you votes to push policies to strip healthcare away that increases the black infant mortality rate, or that has a department of education who refuses to relieve the Debt of students who took out loans from schools that were found to be fraudulent. Spare us with your claims of caring about black people. This is all about you. Back to ignoring every thing this clown posts.
Just to expand on a few points.
Under the Trump Administration, the DOJ took several measures to reduce enforcement of civil rights violations. Sessions rolled back the use of consent decrees in civil rights cases. Consent decrees were used in situations like the Ferguson police department. It is a binding agreement that forces reform. Sessions however rolled back their use, claiming they hurt police by essentially “handcuffing” them.

The de-militarization of police equipment was also rolled back and the war on drugs was ramped back up.
Sessions ordered prosecutors to push for harsher sentencing for non-violent drug offenders, which disproportionately affects African-Americans.

He also rolled back the Obama policy of winding down the government’s use of private prisons.
Sessions said it “impaired the Bureau’s ability to meet the future needs of the federal correctional system.” He also completely ignored the Inspector General report that concluded private prisons, more so than other prisons, had large racial disparities, misconduct/abuse aimed primarily at immigrants and administrative inefficiencies.
Despite those conclusions, Sessions made no mention of it in his remarks justifying the reversal of that policy.
Etc etc.

Bill Barr has largely followed in those footsteps, lashing out at secular and progressive Americans.
In a not so subtle threat, Barr criticized people who protest against police, suggesting they would no longer be protected by police.
Etc.

And of course there is the longstanding GOP’s voter suppression, which generally targets African-Americans.

If you’re black and unsure how meaningful your right to vote is, just look at the lengths the GOP goes through just to prevent you from voting.

Back
Top Bottom