***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I really don't understand people's apathy to vote in this country after the last 4 years.

What is it going to take to wake folks up?

a lot of people don't have it that bad and are constantly blasted with the both sides are the same garbage

they don't see their life as being fundamentally different under a R or D president. there may be some truth to it for certain people but it's an incredibly simple and selfish outlook

I'd suspect we see much less voter apathy this time around compared to '16 though

I can't even comprehend which direction the buffoonery is going with Flynn.

Who is this mans lawyer, dwalk31 dwalk31 ?
The greatest irony is that his initial sentencing recommendation was probation with no jail time. Then he hired a Fox News lawyer, threw a bunch of **** at the wall about being the victim of a witch hunt, hoping it'd stick, but only ended up with a pissed judge dismissing the entirety of the new defense. Prosecutors then changed their sentencing recommendation to include up to 6 months jailtime.

The judge has already been pretty pissed at Flynn attempting to dodge responsibility. That's why the judge pressed him twice under oath to either reaffirm everything in the plea as the truth or request to withdraw it right there.
I imagine judge Sullivan won't be too happy about this new 'strategy', if you can call it that. I'm not sure of the criteria but a judge can also deny a motion to withdraw a guilty plea.

From the new book by 2 Pultizer prize winning WaPo reporters: "A very stable genius"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...45bf44-370f-11ea-a01d-b7cc8ec1a85d_story.html
0231a279a07f2be07ce523e80d35d9b3.png

09ac2f80ccb25e37bedf6123c34aada6.png

e32bb527be51e96c54870993eedae063.png

5b9a9c8c659d6b176b4bc4f3f03616c0.png

fb33a1b77398c2cd137ec0e38b30b7fa.png

da0eab2d606d29b0cbd5568aaa5e63f0.png

a42d5bcb55566031d41cb7c9d9038198.png

So correct me if I’m wrong... Flynn pleaded guilty before, but now he’s taking it back?

doesn’t that prove his guilt even more (regardless if it’s a plea or not)??

The thing about Amy is that her electoral record is pretty good.

But

She has had to run for Senate during a wave election for Dems in 2006, on the ticket with Obama in 2012, and a wave Election for the Dems in 2018.

So I dunno. I think she could.
I'm not even saying she couldn't. I agree with you that it would be possible.

I'm just saying I don't think she believes she could. There's absolutely no conviction in her words when she talks about taking on Trump. But maybe it's just because she knows she won't be the one to do it. Could be that, too.

Wage-earners don’t care about market performance?

if you hold your stocks in retirement accounts (like most wage earners do) and you aren't going to be withdrawing from them in the next five years, the gains of 2019 are almost literally irrelevant to you

all that matters is the long term trend of the economy and corporate profits

if you believe that there has been some fundamental change in the economy that will cause a more or less permanent increase in the long term growth rate, then celebrate

I don't believe that to be the case

So Warren waited until the camera might not have caught something to put on an act?

Sorry, I am don't buying any of this given the information at hand.

Warren and Sanders are legit friends. I would think most women, especially Warren's age, has heard some sexist **** from her male colleagues and friends. Hell if you believe the sources, she told people about the comments a year ago in other conversations. She mentioned something that was said within a supposed lengthy conversation. So if he did say it, maybe she didn't blast him in the media because you know, they are still friends and promised not to do that. So if Bernie said something, how the hell is the onus on her to act outraged enough for her to be believed?

BTW, She didn't just go public People close to her did. Bernie then denied it. And then Warren put out a statement after the story gained steam.

Plus, look at her face when Bernie denies it...

She must be a great actress because she seems legit taken aback by his answer.

I don't know what was said, but nothing Warren did tonight swayed me to thinking Bernie is the one keeping it #1HUNNA. Plus she has other reason to be mad at Bernie because of the script his campaign gave to volunteers jabbing her, which Bernie denied he had anything to do with, but whose campaign also lied about the circumstances around it.

This seems like a reach to shade Warren.

This video actually supports the case that's she being disingenuous. Bernie's camp had already put out statements denying the allegation, and on stage she acts like this is her first time hearing the denial. So yeah, it does show that she's a great actress IMO, which was exactly my point in reference to the post-debate snub and argument.

To be clear, I still prefer Warren's politics to those of nearly every other member of Congress, and she's still my unequivocal second choice for the nomination. I understand campaigns can get a little dirty, even though you hate to see it between two people you like and who are ultimately on the same side. I'm just calling it like I see it, and I see some shenanigans.

This video actually supports the case that's she being disingenuous. Bernie's camp had already put out statements denying the allegation, and on stage she acts like this is her first time hearing the denial. So yeah, it does show that she's a great actress IMO, which was exactly my point in reference to the post-debate snub and argument.

To be clear, I still prefer Warren's politics to those of nearly every other member of Congress, and she's still my unequivocal second choice for the nomination. I understand campaigns can get a little dirty, even though you hate to see it between two people you like and who are ultimately on the same side. I'm just calling it like I see it, and I see some shenanigans.
Or she could be taken aback her friend is lying about it, and in turn calling her a liar, with her standing right there. Who knows.

So imo, seems like you are doing a lot of reaching to find a reason to be upset at her.

Last edited:
This is the guy in those Parnas texts who kept discussing covert surveillance of Ambassador Yovanovitch...

By the time Hyde sent these texts, he had already indicated Yovanovitch was under extensive surveillance, including possible electronic monitoring of her devices.
He tells Parnas an unspecified group is "willing to help if we/you would like a price."
In the next message, he adds "Guess you can do anything in Ukraine with money... what I was told"

What exactly was the 'anything' Hyde was talking about? It wasn't surveillance, that was already in place. Intimidation? Bodily harm?
a7fa82ace85d5fd86c4cadccbd690950.png

Last edited:
I hope you dudes ready for more **** from this primary.

People don't understand how delegate math works in primary. So people will think the DNC is cheating for Biden when he gets more delegates for winning in areas with high black populations.

In reality this thing could be wrapped up by Super Tuesday for Biden. Yet it will drag on for months

No candidate will win enough pledged delegates, so Superdelegates will come into play. So the Bernie crowd going nuts over this. Even if Superdelegates vote for vote has the most pledged delegates

Buffoonery at caucus. Like coin flips. Nevada was **** show last time because Sanders people tried to steal delegates but was stopped.

So buckle up brahs.

Last edited:
Or she could be taken aback her friend is lying about it, and in turn calling her a liar, with her standing right there. Who knows.

So imo, seems like you are doing a lot of reaching to find a reason to be upset at her.
I wanna say most people will fall on the side of their candidate.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of either...but I just can't see why he would say that directly to her.

I'm guessing his attorney didn't have much of a say in this. This man is doing an interview while under indictment, a contuining criminal investigation and an indication from prosecutors that additional charges for Parnas & co are likely. I do think he's really just hurt and out for revenge against Trump for lying about their association.

I wanna say most people will fall on the side of their candidate.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of either...but I just can't see why he would say that directly to her.
Like said before, I have a hard time think Bernie bluntly said a woman can't win.

Plus Warren stay liking to insinuate some nefarious motives from fellow Dems that disagree with her. She does have snake tendancies.

But Bernie is an experienced inarticulate hot taker. So it is within the realm of possibility he was trying to make a point, made it poorly, and it came off like that to Warren.

Who knows.

I wouldn't consider what I've laid out to be reaching in the slightest, though I understand that others may interpret the same set of events somewhat differently than I do.

But I think I've been pretty reasonable in describing why I see things the way I do.

I'm guessing his attorney didn't have much of a say in this. This man is doing an interview while under indictment, a contuining criminal investigation and an indication from prosecutors that additional charges for Parnas & co are likely. I do think he's really just hurt and out for revenge against Trump for lying about their association.

Yeah....Parnas is deeper in it than is known to the general public by right now. Part of me low key is weary of him being this forthcoming. Could he slight disinformation or the lesser of a bigger evil.

Still interested. Maddow a must watch anyway :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom