***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Wait, isnt this bad for Trump?
Yes. This is crazy. I mean it won't hold up in any courts unless Trump has already bribed or blackmailed the judges. But assuming it does, then Twitter now has justification to remove him. It also puts all these social media companies at risk, such as Facebook, for not immediately censoring dangerous content.

This twitter thread has a more complete analysis:

He spent the entire past week spreading false claims about a death of an intern in like 2003. Wouldn't this just mean that the widower can now sue to have the content taken down?
She can sue Twitter to pay her for emotional damage. Scarborough can sue for libel.

Trump has so far been untouchable because he claims executive privilege. But now this will open up companies to be sued for his actions instead. Talk about crazy.

I'm surprised these all-powerful billionaires haven't taken action yet.

From the headlines it seems that companies like facebook and twitter could end up defending lawsuits as a result of the executive order by saying that the executive order is unconstitutional.

Those companies would need to argue they are more like public forums to win the argument.

And, if the companies are successful, then they won't be able to police positions they disagree with. Seems like a logical backdoor to treating these platforms like public forums.

Edit: I realize I am saying "public forum." That is a term of art as it relates to the First Amendment as public forums are generally open to all expression and protected under the First Amendment.

Last edited:
The Obama's ain't do us no favors with that show your papers / birth certificate, have a beer with a racist cop at Camp David, "When they go low we go high", tap dancing with a burning cross on your lawn, nonsense. Obama folded at every chance to step up to these racists...and he was the most disrespected President in modern times. He could have crushed Trump from the start of the whole birther thing but he was too busy pretending racism can be fixed by voting for Democrats, going to college, and loving your enemy. Even turned on Rev. Wright. The Obama's spoke more about little black girls in Africa than the ones suffering from racism right here on this soil... But remember kids! Eat your vegetables! Might not be a popular opinion but I'm done supporting folks who can't call it what it is...then here comes Biden. What's his response to being asked about a black agenda? Vote for me and shut up darkie...you ain't got no choice so sorry not sorry. And he's right. We are our own worst enemies. This might be the first time I don't vote. What's four more years of Trump to a group of folks who been suffering for over 400? America so racist that even a virus shows it.
I have the option to take my entire black family out of the US and sit the next four years of a Trump presidency out if things get really bad. Ice Cube and all those rich black people who are telling folks to not vote can flee to the Caribbean at a moment's notice in November. Can you?

Is now the time to be selfish? You can blame Obama all you want for sidestepping the racial controversies in public, but he put in place measures to reduce the negative effects of the justice system on black folks; his administration started working on the HBCU funding Trump is taking credit for. The way I look at it, somebody had to demonstrate that this country wouldn't tolerate the cleanest president (0 indictments) if he were black, and Obama did just that. In the process, he made it possible for the next Black president to be more intransigent and combative.

No to defend Joe Biden, but he was on the Breakfast Club because his team released their agenda for black America and went on to discuss it. He ****ed up a decent enough interview so bad, he completely erased any and all good coverage for the plan...

I have the option to take my entire black family out of the US and sit the next four years of a Trump presidency out if things get really bad. Ice Cube and all those rich black people who are telling folks to not vote can flee to the Caribbean at a moment's notice in November. Can you?

Is now the time to be selfish? You can blame Obama all you want for sidestepping the racial controversies in public, but he put in place measures to reduce the negative effects of the justice system on black folks; his administration started working on the HBCU funding Trump is taking credit for. The way I look at it, somebody had to demonstrate that this country wouldn't tolerate the cleanest president (0 indictments) if he were black, and Obama did just that. In the process, he made it possible for the next Black president to be more intransigent and combative.

Is now the time to be selfish?

Is now the time to be selfish????

giphy.gif

"I have the option to take my entire black family out of the US and sit the next four years of a Trump presidency out if things get really bad. Ice Cube and all those rich black people who are telling folks to not vote can flee to the Caribbean at a moment's notice in November. Can you?"

Strawman.

Have no idea what youre talking about - and neither does history.

We aint going NOWHERE fam! This is our country.

"Is now the time to be selfish? You can blame Obama all you want for sidestepping the racial controversies in public, but he put in place measures to reduce the negative effects of the justice system on black folks; his administration started working on the HBCU funding Trump is taking credit for. The way I look at it, somebody had to demonstrate that this country wouldn't tolerate the cleanest president (0 indictments) if he were black, and Obama did just that. In the process, he made it possible for the next Black president to be more intransigent and combative."

And how did that work out?

It's time for an agenda and policies to directly address institutionalized racism NOW!

Black people need to pull together...no more of this foolishness from Biden / DNC.

If addressing racism directly aint at the top of the list then screw em.

Better the KKK than the White Moderate.

Actions > Words.

He showed us what time it is with him...a LONG time ago.

You don't want to vote for Biden because of past bad acts, fine, ok. But a second ago it was because he didn't have a policy platform to help Black America which he does.

Anyway, for him to act on it, the he needs to be in office and the Dems need a filibuster proof majority.

That is the political reality of the situation

-BTW, literally no one, makes the argument that voting Dem is a panacea to the problems facing black america.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, internet black Dwart who insists that he is real black, is actually aware than any white person of any political affiliation can be racist, aware that black folks know that Dems aren't going to save us but are a means to an end, and also that Republicans won't save us either, but would rather us subservient or dead. But the kicker is he STILL VOTES REPUBLICAN? Sheesh.

vs

You guys go with he who speaks your truth.

I know who I'm rocking with.

:smh: :lol: Whatever man

Do you famb

It is the rhetoric or policies that you are pissed about, because I am confused. I don't agree with what Obama said but he was also the same dude that instructed the DOJ to get up the *** of these police forces.

You don't want to vote for Biden because of past bad acts, fine, ok. But a second ago it was because he didn't have a policy platform to help Black America which he does.

Anyway, for him to act on it, the he needs to be in office and the Dems need a filibuster proof majority.

That is the political reality of the situation

-BTW, literally no one, makes the argument that voting Dem is a panacea to the problems facing black america.

Bro - he said what he said.

Period.

You can talk all that policy wonk stuff that you want to but he said what he said.

When someone SHOWS you who they are...believe them.

I know you want to brush what he did in the past and what he recently said aside on some "bigger picture" thing but aint no bigger picture than the truth.

:smh: :lol: Whatever man

Do you famb

It is the rhetoric or policies that you are pissed about, because I am confused. I don't agree with what Obama said but he was also the same dude that instructed the DOJ to get up the *** of these police forces.

Your appetite for obtusity is impressive...disappointing but impressive nonetheless.

Ad hominems aint gonna do it Fam.

These is facts.

Bro - he said what he said.

Period.

You can talk all that policy wonk stuff that you want to but he said what he said.

When someone SHOWS you who they are...believe them.

I know you want to brush what he did in the past and what he recently said aside on some "bigger picture" thing but aint no bigger picture than the truth.
Dude miss me with this policy wonk **** because YOU were the one asking about policy.

Right here...

Is now the time to be selfish?

Is now the time to be selfish????

giphy.gif

"I have the option to take my entire black family out of the US and sit the next four years of a Trump presidency out if things get really bad. Ice Cube and all those rich black people who are telling folks to not vote can flee to the Caribbean at a moment's notice in November. Can you?"

Strawman.

Have no idea what youre talking about - and neither does history.

We aint going NOWHERE fam! This is our country.

"Is now the time to be selfish? You can blame Obama all you want for sidestepping the racial controversies in public, but he put in place measures to reduce the negative effects of the justice system on black folks; his administration started working on the HBCU funding Trump is taking credit for. The way I look at it, somebody had to demonstrate that this country wouldn't tolerate the cleanest president (0 indictments) if he were black, and Obama did just that. In the process, he made it possible for the next Black president to be more intransigent and combative."

And how did that work out?

It's time for an agenda and policies to directly address institutionalized racism NOW!

Black people need to pull together...no more of this foolishness from Biden / DNC.

If addressing racism directly aint at the top of the list then screw em.

Better the KKK than the White Moderate.

So I am addressing an issue you raised. I didn't away ****., I am addressing the issue in the frame you established.

Dude miss me with this policy wonk **** because YOU were the one asking about policy.

Right here...

So I am addressing an issue you raised. I didn't away ****., I am addressing the issue in the frame you established.

I missed the part where you did that.

I saw some ad hominems and strawmans but nothing along the lines of an actual policy directed at ending systemic / institutionalized racism.

Your appetite for obtusity is impressive...disappointing but impressive nonetheless.

Ad hominems aint gonna do it Fam.

These is facts.
Man what the hell are you talking about

What ad hominems have I used to be obtuse.

Seems like you are getting push back and your main defense is claiming people are being unfair to you and your position. When they are clearly not.

Back
Top Bottom