***Official Political Discussion Thread***

that series was so damn good! i think it's my favorite limited series of all time. regina king's performance was stellar. all it needed to make it perfect was at least a little cgi glow on dr. manhattan. yahya looked kinda off just painted blue.
****!!! I was about to start it this weekend. Thanks for spoiling it for me.

Dammit Kevin!

J/k

But you should put that joint in a spoiler.

nah-man.gif
I knew it. You are not down with the president elect. Probably Antifa like that 75 year old THUG

I think that the appropriateness will be determined after the speech.

If it is a speech on real, substantial, reform in policing, and the glaring issues related to race, then that would be good.
His upcoming speech on race-relations is being written by Stephen Miller of all people so you probably shouldn't expect much. Not much good can come from a pretty blatant white supremacist writing a speech on race issues.

We'll know soon enough
Speech for this guy

by this guy

in this location

On this date

Are you sure he is writing the speech for the rally that we've been discussing?
How do you feel about giving your vote to a man who supports the murdering and enslavement of your people? Also, are you for the defunding and abolishment of the police, or do you think that everything that is being said about them is overstated?

How do you feel about giving your vote to a man who supports the murdering and enslavement of your people? Also, are you for the defunding and abolishment of the police, or do you think that everything that is being said about them is overstated?

To the first question: to my knowledge, I am not.

To the second question: I do not mind defunding police. The Dems made a mistake by using that language because it is easily overstated and they gave the GOP an easy talking point. But I see no issue with defunding the police.

As it relates to abolishment, I am at the same point (but I know it isn't going to happen).

Recently had a convo with my fiance about the issue. I have legit never--in my entire life--called the police for an emergency because I felt I was in danger from what I can remember. In large part because as a black man, they may get to the scene and treat me like a suspect.

The buildings I've lived in recently use private security in place of police.

We came to the conclusion that for the most part, they are called for car accidents and reports like that.

It is what it is. I won't lose much sleep on the issue either way. And I do think those funds could be better spent.

Back
Top Bottom