***Official Political Discussion Thread***

IN some places, USPS workers are reconnecting the sorting machines. I hope more places start doing that. Those on the outside can't do much but watch, and it's gonna take the little guys inside the postal service to effectively fight what DeJoy is doing.

Btw for the people in the back defunding = relocating funds

but seems like the DNC savior Biden & Kamala isn’t up to the task . None of these candidates have said anything about ending qualified immunity.

None of these candidates have said anything about ending qualified immunity.
There are bills in the House that would address qualified immunity:

They’re opposed by Trump and the Republican Senate majority.

Qualified immunity is also discussed in the recently released Democratic Party platform:

It doesn’t go as far as we’d like, but given that Trump is running on “law and order” and “back the blue,” it’s pretty obvious which ticket is preferable if you care about police reform.

Major police unions don’t seem to share your sense of confusion about who they think is on their side:

but seems like the DNC savior Biden & Kamala isn’t up to the task . None of these candidates have said anything about ending qualified immunity.

Prepare to be a lot more upset during the campaign because the anti-Trump coalition includes people the Left doesn't agree with on policy and Biden definitely won't turn away their support right now. "Defund the police" is not understood everywhere as reallocating funds; most people will tell you that it sounds more like disbanding the police, and Biden is certainly not trying to give soundbites to Fox News by creating ambiguity around the term.

There are bills in the House that would address qualified immunity:

They’re opposed by Trump and the Republican Senate majority.

Qualified immunity is also discussed in the recently released Democratic Party platform:

It doesn’t go as far as we’d like, but given that Trump is running on “law and order” and “back the blue,” it’s pretty obvious which ticket is preferable if you care about police reform.

Major police unions don’t seem to share your sense of confusion about who they think is on their side:

Thanks for the insight , it’s clear that we also need to dismantle the police unions .
And the defunding term may not be appropriate, but there’s no reason why we can’t take some of that 6+ billion from the budget of the NYPD & spread it in our communities.

Peeped this earlier. Damn good. Could've sworn it was a mockumentary :lol: A24 does it again :pimp: 7/8

I kept seeing promos for this right after the commercials for “Lasso” and thought it was satire until I read more about it online :lol: Thanks for confirmation that it was on point. Got it bookmarked for the next time I travel :smokin

Come get your girl. She's drunk again

"DT a self made man" :rofl:

Screenshot_20200823-040253_Twitter.jpg

I'm sorry but When he picked Harris instead of say even Keisha lance bottoms it should tell you all you need to know about his true stance on this. Kamala's entire career is based on qualified immunity for the police. She is violently pro police over the people and the prison industrial complex. While I desperately want 45 outta here if he's not the VP pick would be a key reason if he isn't.

Back
Top Bottom