***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Somewhat off-topic, but I can't even take the state/national polls seriously when the WH is literally threatening to subvert the election by taking it up to the SCOTUS. I know you can't really factor in a coup or whatever, but seeing 538 give Biden roughly a 3/4 chance of winning means nothing in this climate. The only thing I'm *slightly* holding onto is that Trump and his stooges are legitimately incompetent and the military are not backing him. Every scheme he's had has blown up because they're incredibly bad at being bad (which still is very dangerous), and I wouldn't be surprised to see the rats flee from the ship if it saves their own skin in the end. Even the most wishful thinking can dry up though, sadly.

All of this.

We are in the beginning stages of a dictatorship. Doesn't matter if the GOP wants to maintain the veil of legitimacy by swapping out one Trump for the next at end of Don's potential second term. I am especially interested in whether they will succeed in replacing the electors in the states they control. That would essentially be the sign that they own the institutions of the country. That would also be the sign that you either leave or you stay and fight for real.

Are these dudes really that shortsighted that they think forced minority control will really work out well for them?

It seems like a terrible idea but they would be taking the gamble that nothing will happen and we all know this administration gives zero dambs.

You raise a good point, though. We’ve talked for a few months about how they’ll steal the election and see that playing out now but what’s the aftermath? What happens next?

Are these dudes really that shortsighted that they think forced minority control will really work out well for them?
I mean, what is the other option? Country founded on white supremacy has to shift to ensure its survival with the changing demographics of the country. Ain't enough Delks out there to keep the charade going in the long run.

It seems like a terrible idea but they would be taking the gamble that nothing will happen and we all know this administration gives zero dambs.

You raise a good point, though. We’ve talked for a few months about how they’ll steal the election and see that playing out now but what’s the aftermath? What happens next?
I really don’t know. Assuming they are successful with the theft, whatever happens won’t be pretty.

I think this is appropriate. And highly informative!!

Attachments

• 1B127808-4630-408E-BAA9-42A4DA7C068D.jpeg
    1B127808-4630-408E-BAA9-42A4DA7C068D.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 225
Anyone who still stubbornly insists on perpetuating the notion of class primacy or reductionism should read Caste: The Origin of our Discontents by Isabelle Wilkerson.
Amazon product ASIN B084FLWDQG
Like The Warmth of Other Suns, Caste should be required reading.

This is as utterly pathetic as it is unsurprising.

A racist is someone who feels that their race is superior to that of others.

Or someone who discriminates against others because of the color of their skin.

As you were reminded last time, that press release is over a year old. This Axios interview is from last month:

Has Donald Trump expressed any appetite for a "Second Step Act" after George Floyd's murder? I'm not sure if you've been paying attention to the race, but he's gone all in for "law and order." How many times has he mentioned a "Second Step Act" in the past four months? And how many times has he tweeted, in all caps, "LAW AND ORDER"?

You're trying to use a fig leaf in a hurricane.

I hate to break it to you, but Santa Claus isn't real, either:

And yet, he hasn't gotten any better. He just keeps making false equivalencies and sputtering out the same four bad faith talking points.

His arguments are low information, low skill, and low effort. They read like a call center script. I've had to check to make sure his account wasn't commandeered by a bot running out of St. Petersburg.

It would be more flattering to suggest that he intends his posts to be practiced on, like a speed bag.

ytkerxdaqrgn29wqpps3.gif

Definitely second the recommendation of Caste. Currently finishing it up now.

The events of the last few weeks have highlighted the fact that we need both direct action and high voter turnout.

I’m not really talking about anyone in this thread but elsewhere, Twitter and IRL, especially, I have got no patience with for anyone arguing against voting or direct action. We need all of the above.

Help other people vote, do mutual aid, riot, go vote, riot some more, donate to bail funds, try to unionize, do legal aid work, run for local office, join an organization, phone bank, pressure politicians (even, nay, especially those whom you voted for), do everything you can.

stupid?

i mean it’s working.. y’all just better hope democrats have actually, finally grown a pair and are ready to do what is right to the degree that republicans are willing to go just to keep power

also better hope journalists will eventually do their damn jobs and hold republicans to the same standard they hold democrats too

but brazen is the better word and yes they are that brazen, see Georgia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom