***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I discussed this a bit yesterday, but you should do some research of the hostile and abusive work environment standard under Title VII.

From this excerpt of the opinion, she called the word an “egregious racial epithet.” To try to use that to imply that she is somehow okay with the word’s use is absurd.

I haven’t read the facts of that case, which could shed more light on whether her opinion was reasonable or unreasonable based on the applicable standard.

This is totally something a Black person would say.

This is totally something a Black person would say.

that´s a hilarious mental skit tho...somebody drops the bomb on dude down at the firm and he immediately goes ¨although what you just said does not rise to the standard of creating a hostile work environment according to established interpretations of Title VII, I still find your manner of address extremely unwelcome.¨

...on a semi-related note, I was thinking about how history will one day condemn NBC´s decision to undercut Biden´s platform tonight by doing the Monday Night Wars thing for the direct benefit of an aspiring autocrat.

it made me consider how any actions taken in these times will look when the dust settles on this cluster****.

including our own.

my own.

3ine5fw6f6t51.jpg

These dudes didn’t even call people after the president and numerous other people tested positive

couldn’t even tell the public when he last tested negative to enable everyone to be well aware of who was put at risk

Exactly. It's like they thoroughly enjoy keeping everything and everyone in the dark who happen to come in contact with the administration when they were in public settings. Total BS! The darn WH was basically Covid-central!!! But no, let's not do what's right and try to keep people from catching this deadly virus and instead let's keep deflecting.

Bet the news takes the bait with all the foolishness (and probable disaster) that the NBC town hall will be, instead of reporting on the Republicans ignoring rules to jam their weak rubber stamp of a SCOTUS judge through, all while also ignoring this:

Both sides, tho. We gotta "negotiate" with Republicans. Social justice is "bipartisan". I had a discussion the other day on why reaching across the aisle is a fool's errand, but if the convo I had is an insight into the average moderate American's political mindset, then we're deeply in trouble. One party is literally trying to destroy the ACA during a botched public health crisis and we're supposed to....negotiate with them? We saw how that worked out with Obama, right? Maybe I'm jaded in all this, but I could care less if Dems ever reached to the other side again. Might not be the "nicest" strategy, but what's nice about literal facism and white supremacist ideology? And the violence of 200K + lives lost and millions having to decide if they use their last bit of unemployment money on rent (if they can even pay it) or food? The reckoning is coming if they steal this one, man. I can't help but think that at every turn. Please vote if you haven't already.

Biden says he's 'not a fan' of court-packing and that he doesn't want to make the election about the issue

Not a Biden fan, but if there is one thing you can’t deny he changes his mind to fit the party. After the election the courts going to get packed and we’ll probably see some sort of police/justice reform. The amount of gutting he is going to do will have you being a hypocrite talking about limiting presidential power in no time.

Yeah only one poll. SCOTUS hearings could be giving him a boost

Still hoping for a miracle.

damn I’m trying to find last weeks NYT poll to compare the raw data but no luck. From what Cohn says basically every trend is holding re: uneducated whites, college degree holders, black voters etc. but yeah the only difference from now and last week are the hearings so maybe Crackers is getting some of those right leaning undecideds back. Whatever happens in the end it’s a real good sign that SC is turning at least magenta lol.

Not a Biden fan, but if there is one thing you can’t deny he changes his mind to fit the party. After the election the courts going to get packed and we’ll probably see some sort of police/justice reform. The amount of gutting he is going to do will have you being a hypocrite talking about limiting presidential power in no time.

If Biden wins, I hope the senate is flipped as well. Because if it isn’t, then needed legislation will likely get obstructed.

Gotdamn, it looks like trump has made an astute observation.

The stimulus package is just going to come back to the government in one form or another. Americans struggling to survive. Somebody’s going out and having fun/making wise investments with that 💴, bills be Damned.

Consider it a loan with interest. But then again, also sounds like posturing.

damn I’m trying to find last weeks NYT poll to compare the raw data but no luck. From what Cohn says basically every trend is holding re: uneducated whites, college degree holders, black voters etc. but yeah the only difference from now and last week are the hearings so maybe Crackers is getting some of those right leaning undecideds back. Whatever happens in the end it’s a real good sign that SC is turning at least magenta lol.
Idk if this figures into the poll yet either

He's holding 4% in the current poll but has dropped out and endorsed Lady G

Like you said, its good to see some of these states progressing in the right direction. Will take time to bear fruit from it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom