***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Louisiana senators could be using the supreme court vote as leverage to get aid but nope. more interested in toeing the party line. two votes that can't afford to be lost should be able to get whatever they want out of Mitch right now but they just don't care

Now, some estimates place the damage caused by the recent hurricanes at $12 billion or more. Federal emergency officials have already approved more than $170 million in individual aid for Hurricane Laura’s victims, and members of Louisiana’s congressional delegation have pushed to increase federal support. The region’s economy has also been hobbled by the coronavirus pandemic and the collapse of the oil and gas industry, with refineries laying off dozens of workers in recent months.

Uncertainty about the city’s future has stoked residents’ fears about being disregarded and has underscored a distance that extends beyond the miles it sits from the state’s political and cultural centers of gravity.

“It lacks the panache of New Orleans, the political power of Baton Rouge and the personality of Lafayette’s Cajun and Creole culture,” The Advocate newspaper of Baton Rouge said in an editorial making an impassioned plea to save a city it described as “amiable.”

#neverforget

no wonder this white woman or dwalk31 dwalk31 dont think a supervisor using the N word isn’t enough to create a hostile environment

8750CB73-657E-4C1F-834B-66BC8566D62C.jpeg

At this stage if you're still a potential Trump voting black man you were never voting otherwise. Something something crime bill. I don't feel bad for these dudes getting used.

I disagree, as hard as it to believe for people who are plugged into politics there are cross pressured voters out there who are not plugged into Trump daily controversies who trump appeals to.

if some of the polling is to be believed Trump might do better than any other republican with black and Latino men.

None of it will mattrer if the election is a blowout, but in a tight race, those biden-trump on the fence black men might matter.

Famb, if dudes wanted to take the biscuit and vote for Trump, they already made up their minds.

50 or Cube was not pushing them over the edge. At best it provides them with a tired excuse as to why they did it, but it was gonna happen anyway.

I got two American uncles who we're on the fence, leaning Trump. I convinced em to go Biden. (I hope)

these dudes exist. Ive talked to em

They are vaguely fiscally conservatives, in the sense they have a vague instinct that low taxes = good economy. They credit Trump for the economy pre covid. and they are old so they figure most white people are racist but Trump is a businessman so they think no matter how racist he he's gunna do what's best for the economy.

I disagree, as hard as it to believe for people who are plugged into politics there are cross pressured voters out there who are not plugged into Trump daily controversies who trump appeals to.

if some of the polling is to be believed Trump might do better than any other republican with black and Latino men.

None of it will mattrer if the election is a blowout, but in a tight race, those biden-trump on the fence black men might matter.
Nothing you said here is really in disagreement with what I said. Not even the same convo really, never said anything about Trump doing better or votes not mattering in a tight race. It's 2 weeks away, plugged in or not, you're voting for whoever you've been leaning toward thus far.

Because of Ice Cube and 50 cent?

Man y'all gotta give people more credit than this.

nah I mean Trump's often clumsy efforts to court black voters in general.

I see liberals chortling on the internet, but polling and my anecdotal experience tells me this stuff is working on the margins.

if the election is close then all this stuff at the margins matter is all im saying.

and if you were to ask me which celebrity would appeal to a potential black trump voter, 50 cent and Ice Cube would be pretty high on the list.

Black people who might consider voting for Trump I would put into two buckets.

Black men the identify more individually than with their community

and conspiratorial/low societal trust black men who are frustrated with democratic party and lack of sweeping change.

50 and Ice Cube seem like perfect matches.
I get what you were saying

I'm saying those dude already were gonna vote for Trump anyway. Polling shows they are very few undecideds out there compared to previous elections. I would think that even more true of black voters. So Cube and 50 Cent would have to either 2) be flipping voters, b) increasing turnout.

If you want to use the polls to say Trump might be increasing his vote share with black men (this was true before all this nonsense), then to make the argument that 50 and Cube are helping, then that would imply again they are again a) flipping voters b) increasing turnout.

That is a much harder sell imo

I just think that while it might be true that Trump is appealing to a certain type of black man, and there might be more around this time, Cube and 50 are not the things that pushed him over the line. They were gonna vote already, they were gonna vote for Trump, Cube and 50 just reinforces that.

Last edited:
Because of Ice Cube and 50 cent?

Man y'all gotta give people more credit than this.
I think he has his conclusion and is working backward.

He thinks Trump will increase his vote share with black men, so this must help that come to fruition

I think the dudes that have gonna vote for Trump, not vote for Trump, or not vote at all have already made up their minds.

This isn't moving the needle in reality.

I got two American uncles who we're on the fence, leaning Trump. I convinced em to go Biden. (I hope)

these dudes exist. Ive talked to em

They are vaguely fiscally conservatives, in the sense they have a vague instinct that low taxes = good economy. They credit Trump for the economy pre covid. and they are old so they figure most white people are racist but Trump is a businessman so they think no matter how racist he he's gunna do what's best for the economy.
I am not debating they exist

Good grief.

I am saying Cube and 50 will not move the needle one way or the other. Maybe friends and family will because so are some of the biggest things that can swing people's votes. But 50 and Cube, this late in the cycle, will not have a real effect on vote choice. Dudes are just gonna use that as a cover, but they already decided to vote for Trump, with or without Cube and 50's moves.

No authentic signature should differ that much. Obviously there's going to be some differences but the base pattern wouldn't change.
You can see 4 distinct patterns in the signatures. The second pattern is different in the supposed laptop signature but to me it looks like something that could be attributed to haste or laziness. If you look at the final pattern however, it's not even close to the verified authentic signature. It's not natural to come up with a completely different pattern.
Nothing about this laptop story makes sense.

I am not debating they exist

Good grief.

I am saying Cube and 50 will not move the needle one way or the other. Maybe friends and family will because so are some of the biggest things that can swing people's votes. But 50 and Cube, this late in the cycle, will not have a real effect on vote choice. Dudes are just gonna use that as a cover, but they already decided to vote for Trump, with or without Cube and 50's moves.
i disagree, i think every bit helps

No authentic signature should differ that much. Obviously there's going to be some differences but the base pattern wouldn't change.
You can see 4 distinct patterns in the signatures. The second pattern is different in the supposed laptop signature but to me it looks like something that could be attributed to haste or laziness. If you look at the final pattern however, it's not even close to the verified authentic signature. It's not natural to come up with a completely different pattern.
Nothing about this laptop story makes sense.

Lol this weak attempt of a story has already been debunked.

Black men the identify more individually than with their community

and conspiratorial/low societal trust black men who are frustrated with democratic party and lack of sweeping change.

50 and Ice Cube seem like perfect matches.
Add a third bucket:

Successful, "Self-made" entrepreneurs with plenty of survivor's bias.

It's statistically better financially and socially for Black folks to invest in education and skills than it is to follow entertainers and athletes, but 1 person earning millions for 5-15 years is a lot louder and more visible than 100,000 people earning 60-100k for 20-30 years.

So let me get this straight.

You in regards to undecideds after the presidential debate...

watching the cnn "undecided voter" panel and i can't help but have contempt for these people.

like yall undecided, what exactly do you need to see, you live under a rock?

like i get life is hard, some people hate politics but really what are you confused about? like pick someone., :lol:

If you are undecided at this point you are a moron. :lol:

You in regards to the VP debate....

Id love to meet the person who decides who to vote for based on a vice presidential debate.

You in regards to two social media blow-ups involving two washed-up rappers...

Me:
giphy.gif

Ain't famb, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom