***Official Political Discussion Thread***

s879o7qee2361.png

Yeah this argument just keeps getting dumber and dumber.
Bruh just ignores statements.
most of police budgets are police salaries and pensions which are collectively bargained. only way to make a real dent is to make serious cuts in manpower and hours. and that pretty clearly a bad idea.
A redistribution of total hours worked among more police officers (that is, hiring more officers) would significantly reduce police budgets because overtime hours would drastically go down.

Cops oppose that because they'll make less money.

these things cannot just be solved with "more education" you need better police and more of them.
They place a ceiling on IQ/Psych evaluations above which candidates for police jobs get cut. They want dumb people who can just regurgitate the current policing dogma. How do you get better police out of people who are more likely to reject new information that may contradict the way they used to do their job?

We don't generally have an unemployment problem.

It's a "good jobs" problem.

You can't just use the unemployment rate to measure quality of life in this country. That's disingenuous.

Yep, my cousin works for a retail store and they’re hella short staffed cause people don’t want to work for min wage. But due to their work history from what she was telling me, I don’t blame them. Pride is real Af

We don't generally have an unemployment problem.

It's a "good jobs" problem.

You can't just use the unemployment rate to measure quality of life in this country. That's disingenuous.
Unemployment rate, GDP, the stock market, these are all terrible indicators of how PEOPLE are doing
I wish we lived in a country where more people realized that and aspired for better metrics of well-being

Back
Top Bottom