***Official Political Discussion Thread***

E529F897-A75D-4394-BE70-28433A5743E7.jpeg

3714816F-70A9-4883-A7A0-B97EB2EE4CDB.png

They could be carbon copies but the cartoon psycho barber only tried to kill people one at the time.......

Ninja looks downright DAPPER. His OG colorway is coming through quiet nicely.

There is already word that Mitch is gonna pocket veto the Marijuana bill.

That's the plan by the Dems. They passed this on purpose, knowing Mitch will kill it by not bringing it to a vote. The bill itself is about as basic and succinct as any bill you'll ever see. The Dems are basically challenging voters, because they know there are only a few things everyone agrees on, and marijuana is clearly one of them. Friggin' South Dakota just legalized it, and that's as red a state as any.

The other path is that Biden can reclassify it as something other than a Schedule I drug, via executive order. The only issue is that if it's via EO, the next hardcore right winger in office can reclassify right back to Schedule I. But, good luck putting that cat back in the bag, though. Especially now that most states have at least decriminalized it in some fashion.

Meanwhile, cocaine is still Schedule II, as it is considered to have "medicinal uses". There's one company in America authorized to manufacture it. Yes, the Feds recognize cocaine as being more beneficial than MJ. It's weird, man.

Republicans are IDIOTS, are they not paying attention to voting trends lol ....... anti-weed stance?! It's all white moms in the suburbs smoking it now
One of the few things Republicans be consistent on is vice laws...If it was all up to them nobody would be able to gamble/smoke/drink/smash however they want...Just sip milk n watch OAN all day is their idea of fun :lol: :smh:

Politics and agendas aside, OAN talent come across as broadcast school rejects. Every clip I've ever seen sounds like someone who can barely read off a teleprompter. It's amateur hour. It's so bizarre. I don't even think they even believe their own words, they just want a job in front of a camera because they paid for a degree at a Com school.

Meanwhile they do all the above in their private clubs.

I have friends whose parents were hardcore anti-weed, and have done a 180 over the last decade. I have MAGA-hat wearing co-workers who smoke like chimneys, eat brownies, etc. The states are ultimately going to force the hand.

The main problem is that federally insured banks (which is all of them) won't do business with legal marijuana shops, so there's a movement for state-run banks now. I know Washington (state) has people moving to launch a state-run bank that the shops can do business with so it doesn't have to be cash only.

Pretty much everyone smokes regardless of their political beliefs.

anti weed people are just as brain dead as trumpets. Prohibition doesn’t work on anything.

I use to be pretty anti weed when I was younger. That sort of changed around when I was 25ish. But honestly after doing my own research and the alcohol I drink can be more detrimental to me. I mean ****. Hell the reason I’m currently a CPA is because of it. Helped me calm down and pass a part of the test I kept messing up on.

Pretty much everyone smokes regardless of their political beliefs.

anti weed people are just as brain dead as trumpets. Prohibition doesn’t work on anything.

Just waiting on Washington to follow Oregon's lead on decriminalizing hard drugs. Will probably happen next year. My 70-something-year-old parents (who are fairly conservative) have been very vocal about legalizing all drugs for at least a decade. It's wild, considering how they were when I was growing up.

Yep, it should all be decriminalized.

meanwhile in mn we are finally opening liquor stores on Sunday. If you’re wondering what a liquor store is we have to have liquor stores because that’s the only place that can sell alcohol.

we’re never getting legal green in mn.

I mean I get not liking smoking. That’s fine.

I just don’t understand why anyone would care what the next person does.

It's no different than someone who doesn't drink. I don't need a reason or explanation. You do you. I actually was not a weed guy my entire life, but when rec shops opened in Washington, I gave it a try (with some guidance). After enough time, I actually don't really like it. It doesn't do much for me.

That isn't to say it doesn't benefit anyone. I'm on board with it for any benefit to anyone who does use it.

meanwhile in mn we are finally opening liquor stores on Sunday. If you’re wondering what a liquor store is we have to have liquor stores because that’s the only place that can sell alcohol.

I remember when my parents bought a small vacation home in PA in 2012 I was shocked how the liquor and beer stores didn’t sell on sundays. I was like how the **** am I supposed to get beers if I forgot on Saturday? And they were open short on saturdays too in the county we have the home (it’s a trump county FYI). They finally changed the blue laws like 2 years back. Like why even restrict it? People will find a way to get their ****. It just stop scalpers.

I remember when my parents bought a small vacation home in PA in 2012 I was shocked how the liquor and beer stores didn’t sell on sundays. I was like how the **** am I supposed to get beers if I forgot on Saturday? And they were open short on saturdays too in the county we have the home (it’s a trump county FYI). They finally changed the blue laws like 2 years back. Like why even restrict it? People will find a way to get their ****. It just stop scalpers.
Because god doesn’t want you to drink on Sunday. :lol:

yeah we’d just go to wisconsin a half hour away.

Washington was this way until 2012. Ballot initiative got rid of state liquor stores. Lots of controversy, but people were fed up with the limited hours (closed on Sundays and holidays until the mid-2000s), limited selection, etc. Also, Costco wanted to sell booze in their home state. Thanks, Costco!

Colorado and Washington had legal marijuana initiatives at the same time, and were the first two states to legalize. Washington still sucks because you can't grow your own plants at home, but the system has worked out great. I remember friends of mine being defiant, saying they'd never shop in a store. That changed real quick. Every weed shop is super clean and inviting. They are basically marijuana boutiques. It's a great experience. Street dealers probably still exist, but there's literally no reason to use them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom