***Official Political Discussion Thread***

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/judge-curiel-denies-trump-u-motion/index.html

Judge Curiel denies motion to dismiss Trump University case

nerd.gif

it is what it is...da original plantiff dropped da suit and da prosecution was allowed to proceed without her.
What is your opinion on the Trump U suit? Do you think the case holds merit?

considering its a civil case where da majority of its reviews were positive, its gonna be hard to find inculpatory evidence. more than likely disclosure release forms were signed about da whole operation prior.

Last edited:
He a liberal, he it just not a true progressive like Sanders or Warren.

You can read up on him here.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/tim-kaine-vice-president-hillary-clinton-virginia-senate

Even the things that progressive don't like about him, at least he gives a sensible reason why.

-If you're a progressive brah, Time Kaine is not your enemy, he is your natural ally.
Thanks for sharing bro don't know much about him. I was impressed by his speech today.

Kaine is insurance on Virginia and his spanish is an asset in Florida, other than that he a safe centrist pick.

he's pro life and got a high marks wit planned parenthood... how does that square? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Being pro-choice doesn't necessary mean you are pro abortion.

It is about making sure women have easy access to the procedure, goes not mean encouraging to get it done.

And he is not a centrist

He a liberal, he it just not a true progressive like Sanders or Warren.

You can read up on him here.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/tim-kaine-vice-president-hillary-clinton-virginia-senate

Even the things that progressive don't like about him, at least he gives a sensible reason why.

-If you're a progressive brah, Time Kaine is not your enemy, he is your natural ally.

Correct. Dude is far more closer to a Bernie than a Hillary.

I've already voted for him twice before.

Last edited:
Kaine is insurance on Virginia and his spanish is an asset in Florida, other than that he a safe centrist pick.

he's pro life and got a high marks wit planned parenthood... how does that square? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Because he doesn't let his personal feelings affect his public policy.

im chilling at my grandmothers house for the summer and Trump is having a town hall out here on Monday. I'm thinking about going just to see what it's like.

Hillary Clinton is at the top of the ticket so the person at the bottom of the ticket is not especially important. While Sanders or Warren as VP would have been a nice gesture, I didn't want to see one of my two favorite Senators sidelined and that is what the VP job is, a political dead end, at least for older Senators.

Keith Ellison would have been the perfect pick because he is young, he's languishing in the House of Reps in the minority, he demographically balances the ticket and he was a Bernie supporter would could have bridged that divide within the Democratic Party.

Tim Kaine is a fine pick though. Do not under estimate the appeal of a white guy who speaks Spanish fluently. So much of language is related to racial and economic stratification. Language is frequently used to distance the ruling class from others or to make others speak to the ruling class on its terms. Speaking Spanish to Hispanic voters is not the be all end all but it creates trust in a way that someone using an interpreter simply cannot.

i heard his spanish, its good...he's kinda joyfully goofy lol.

if Jeb wasn't acting like a spiteful baby mama, he could've provided da same surrogate services to Trump.

if Jeb wasn't acting like a spiteful baby mama, he could've provided da same surrogate services to Trump.
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]True

I was gonna ask about the level of his fluent Spanish sometimes people misuse that word. I kept seeing these references to a year he spent in Central America in regards to him being fluent as if that alone will do it. :lol:

Last edited:
From the little I heard from Kaine, I like him.  That's just on a superficial level--not talking about his political stances or past voting record b/c I haven't really delved into that yet.

Seems like a positive, happy guy, which feels like a much needed thing this election season.  

Definitely man and the more I read on Kaine, the more I like him. 

If anybody could direct me to any pieces that discuss some of his weaknesses or that would be appreciated. 

From the little I heard from Kaine, I like him.  That's just on a superficial level--not talking about his political stances or past voting record b/c I haven't really delved into that yet.

Seems like a positive, happy guy, which feels like a much needed thing this election season.  
this.

I take back what I said earlier about these VPs being "safe" picks. That's really just codeword (at least when I said it) for someone who's not different in some fundamental way. Typically that means a minority (Obama) or a woman (Hillary) or a crazy rich man (Trump) or a crazy woman (Palin).

A politician doesn't need to be any of those things. Of course, it is nice to see progress when a minority or woman makes it, and even if Obama happened to be a terrible politician I would've still been happy to see a black President, but it shouldn't be held against you for being a reasonable well-spoken genuine politician if you happen to be a white male who isn't crazy rich or crazy and rich.

edit: His Spanish is solid but not perfect. HOWEVER, if you play it back at 1.5x speed, he is indistinguishable from Univision. :lol:

Last edited:
He a lot of interviews in Spanish, with interviewers that are native Spanish too. So best believe famb gonna be all up on Telemundo and Univision :lol:

Last edited:
I was reading about Roger Stone. He's probably the one who planted the National Enquirer stories about Cruz. Why hasn't he been arrested for making a career out of this ****?

Definitely man and the more I read on Kaine, the more I like him. 

If anybody could direct me to any pieces that discuss some of his weaknesses or that would be appreciated. 

Politico might have articles that discusses some progressives beefs with him.

The major ones I have heard so far is that he is not a fan of Snowden and not hardcore anti NSA, he wants to except community banks and credit unions from banking regulations, he is not dead set against the TPP (he voted to give Obama fast track power and main beef with it is job retraining)

He has some moderate views, but well within reason imo. But if you're a die hard progressive, they will piss you off.

Back
Top Bottom