***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Trumps maneurisms as he threatens North Korea is legit HILARIOUS....my son crossed his arms like a kindergartner that just got out on time out b....

som really is a man-child....how much time would I do if I spit on the presidents face should the opportunity present itself?...asking for a friend

Also I don't care about Benghazi or the emails that much. They're just more governmental **** ups that I expect anyway given the history of this country and its leaders.

please enlighten me as the the racist undertones of the comment? I believe she was saying we need to clean the streets of gang members (mostly black) who are killing people of all colors (but mostly blacks), to benefit families and law abiding citizens of all colors (but mostly blacks).

Super predator was known as a racist label for young minority boys at the time. At it wasn't just adult gang members, that lab was mainly for teenage ones. Conservatives pulled it down people's throughts too. That their were groups of unredeemable black and brown boys roaming the streets attacking and killing people without a care in the world.

The fear of the super predator was used to push tough on crime laws that destroyed black communities. The same way the welfare queen myth was pushed to destroy the social safety poor black people depended on

She also brushed aside rehabilitating these boys, because the crime bill also passed without most of the rehabilitation and prevention programs blacks leaders wanted. And in many cases rolled back programs

And she said we needed to bring people, mostly black and Latino boys to heal like they are ****ing dogs.

And history has shown her words and the crime bill were a massive mistake.

Her comments were vile, they were disgusting. If she had not shown remorse in her words and policies, I would not have voted for her either.

Hillary Clinton hey more hate than she deserves, even for that comment. But let us not white wash what she said.

The undertones are in parentheses lol

Stuff like that are why there are people okay with our people being gunned down in the streets, guilty and sentenced to death before they're even placed under arrest.

You could lock up all the black gang members in the US and innocent black men and women would still be under scrutiny for simply existing.

Not coming from money and being a dem do not make you a friend of black people inherently. I've spoken about how I feel about some white liberals and their attitudes and actions on here before.

In parenthesis points to how the biggest benefactor of the removal of super predators is the black community.

I'm not saying it makes her a friend of black people inherently, I'm just saying as a democrat in the 90's dog whistling doesn't get you as far as appealing to minorities. The people that would hear the dog whistle had already switched to the republican party by then.

I think she was speaking to the law abiding citizens saying we're going to take the extreme criminals off the street. Which, as I keep saying, benefits everyone but especially the black community.

Super predator was known as a racist label for young minority boys at the time. At it wasn't just adult gang members, that lab was mainly for teenage ones. Conservatives pulled it down people's throughts too. That their were groups of unredeemable black and brown boys roaming the streets attacking and killing people without a care in the world.

The fear of the super predator was used to push tough on crime laws that destroyed black communities. The same way the welfare queen myth was pushed to destroy the social safety poor black people depended on

She also brushed aside rehabilitating these boys, because the crime bill also passed without most of the rehabilitation and prevention programs blacks leaders wanted. And in many cases rolled back programs

And she said we needed to bring people, mostly black and Latino boys to heal like they are ****ing dogs.

And history has shown her words and the crime bill were a massive mistake.

Her comments were vile, they were disgusting. If she had not shown remorse in her words and policies, I would not have voted for her either.

Hillary Clinton hey more hate than she deserves, even for that comment. But let us not white wash what she said.

You bring up an important piece of context; conservatives were getting very tough on crime. It was part of the political climate at the time and a lot of what they pushed was necessary to get elected. They have both said they regret their policies on crime at the time.

I don't think the super predator comment is fair since that was a term being used at the time and said people that are "called super predators". There were plenty of super predators at the time, I was in Brooklyn, NY at the time so I was a first hand witness of some of the things going on. There were violent men and kids that needed to be stopped there's no doubt about it, don't defend them because they were hurting plenty of innocent kids who deserve your defense.

But I will concede that many people in the black community, especially younger ones, are indulging in a bit of revisionist history when t comes to the Drug War, Tough on Crime policies and the Clinton's

Tough on Crime policies we're popular with the black community for a while. Many unfortunately lost focus on the real oppressive forces facing the community, and straight up sold out young men that committed non violent crimes.

They thought it would make their communities safer instead it opened the door for them to be plundered even more.

The book Locking Up Our Own discussed this. I haven't read it, but my girl has. I saw her nearly in tears and slamming down the book at some passages.

This is a lesson for black folk, selling out your own, no matter the reason, is never a good long term strategy.

We have to own that we played a part in creating this mess. And that we never repeat that mistake.

Last edited:
We would benefit but the way the action would be and is taken has and is negatively impacting us.

You are mistaken if you think only conservatives and Republicans subscribe to the views that are results of dog whistle tactics. That's akin to thinking there are no gay Republicans.

You can think she was speaking to whoever you perceive it to be. Myself, as a black man, did not like it nor the results. Of course some of our communities need some help. But what about the blacks living in the suburbs who have to deal with bull**** because of police viewing kids as super predator?

It's all bull**** wrapped in gold and even she knew it.

Factual *** information

"Selling out your own" if a black man in your community commits a violent crime and the police need your help to convict, do you cooperate? If yes, isn't that selling out one of your own? If no, don't you think that will hurt the community more long term?

But I will concede that many people in the black community, especially younger ones, are indulging in a bit of revisionist history when t comes to the Drug War, Tough on Crime policies and the Clinton's

Tough on Crime policies we're popular with the black community for a while. Many unfortunately lost focus on the real oppressive forces facing the community, and straight up sold out young men that committed non violent crimes.

They thought it would make their communities safer instead it opened the door for them to be plundered even more.

The book Locking Up Our Own discussed this. I haven't read it, but my girl has. I saw her nearly in tear and slamming down the book at some passages.

This is a lesson for black folk, selling out your own, no matter the reason, is never a good long term strategy.

We have to own that we played a part in creating this mess. And that we never repeat that mistake.
Correct sir. I have that book.i haven't finished it yet but it's def a must read.

Ugh. :smh:
The opioid epidemic consists of a range of significant problems that will be hard to fix.
The first big problem I see is the overprescribing of strong painkillers. This is an issue Belgium had to deal with as well, and while we definitely haven't solved it, we've taken many steps to improve that situation. Over the counter codeine was banned, hospitals generally no longer give opiate prescriptions home to patients who have been released, more prescription monitoring, exhausting much more other options before even thinking of prescribing opiates, ...
You used to be prescribed a load of strong opiates for simple minor surgeries or even something as simple as wisdom teeth removal. Now it's hard to acquire an opiate prescription even for people like me. I'm 23, have a statute of disability and a chronic disease that involves 24/7 chronic pain. I'm on the maximum daily dosage of a medium strength opiate called Tramadol but despite complaints about inadequate pain relief over the years, I'm categorically denied from being prescribed anything stronger, by various different doctors. The common response was "we understand but we're simply not going to prescribe those kinds of painkillers to a 23 year old.", seeing as how the next step up my opiate ladder would be oxycodone.
But back to the original point, drastic changes in pain relief and prescription policy needs to come from within the medical community. Aside from banning over the counter codeine and increased electronic monitoring of prescriptions, there's no laws that forced all these doctors and hospitals to make these drastic changes regarding opioid painkillers.

I think that is first and foremost the most important step that needs to be taken. There's really no reason anyone should be getting home a percocet prescription or something similar for wisdom teeth removal. I happen to know quite a few Americans who have been given prescriptions as strong as Oxycodone for that. Over here you get some paracetamol for wisdom teeth removal. :lol:
The potential for addiction, whether physically or mentally, from prescribing those kind of painkillers is not to be underestimated. It's entirely possible to build up physical addiction in just 2-3 weeks of a relatively high dosage of a strong opiate. Usually takes longer than that but it does happen. And as I can personally testify, I could only describe that euphoric opiate high as being almost heavenly. So it's easy to see how someone could get hooked off strong opiates that weren't supposed to be prescribed for that person in the first place. And once you're physically addicted, it's very hard to get rid of that addiction. I can personally attest that opiate withdrawal is the worst hell I can imagine and I've had some very painful surgeries.
Prescribing Percocet, Vicodin, Oxycontin, ... unnecessary for minor complaints can easily lead to opiate addiction, even if the dosages are used responsibly. And I would assume that overprescription is the main reason for this epidemic.
Furthermore, there's also the build up of tolerance of course. In order to achieve the same effect, you gradually need a higher and higher dosage of opiates. And that's a very costly habit. While Morphine and Fentanyl are stronger than Oxycodone, they're not as readily available. And with Oxycontin being so expensive, the cheaper alternative is heroin.

I believe that is the root cause of the opioid epidemic, and that's what needs to be the primary target for improvement.
Of course there's the problem of that effort having to come from the medical community itself, and it has to be a united effort at that. Finding the right balance between adequate pain relief for those who really need it and overprescribing painkillers is also a tricky goal. Over here I don't believe we have been able to create that fine balance but overall it does a lot more good than bad. If some pain patients like me have to endure a bit more pain to reduce overprescription and addiction throughout the country then so be it.

Beyond that, there should also be much greater support for addiction rehabilitation and policy measures to help achieve that goal.
Clean needle programs for example. Look at what Mike Pence causing an HIV epidemic in his state as governor because a needle program was shut down.
Naloxone, commonly known as Narcan, should also be made available over the counter. It's a literal lifesaver and if you're in an environment where the opioid epidemic is strong, you never know when you might need some Narcan. What it does is blocking the opiate from binding with the opioid receptors in the brain. Regardless of the amount of the opiate circulating in the body, cutting off that interaction with the opioid receptors rendersi it completely useless. This process works very fast and it can "revive" people who have just taken a large overdose because it renders the opiate useless in such a short duration. That's why Narcan should be readily available over the counter for everyone.

Good post.

I also feel like there's a very real hopeless aura permeating this country affecting people aged 40>. Has been for some time.

For how wealthy we are and how much potential this country actually has, we sure do have a large percentage of people looking for an immediate escape route, even if it's temporary. Eating, drinking, abusing drugs/alcohol, acting out violently, taking sad pills. I feel like opiate use fits into that narrative somewhere, aside from the scientific "addiction" factor.

In parenthesis points to how the biggest benefactor of the removal of super predators is the black community.

I'm not saying it makes her a friend of black people inherently, I'm just saying as a democrat in the 90's dog whistling doesn't get you as far as appealing to minorities. The people that would hear the dog whistle had already switched to the republican party by then.

I think she was speaking to the law abiding citizens saying we're going to take the extreme criminals off the street. Which, as I keep saying, benefits everyone but especially the black community.

To argue that mass incarceration has been a net benefit for the black community is arrant nonsense.

"Selling out your own" if a black man in your community commits a violent crime and the police need your help to convict, do you cooperate? If yes, isn't that selling out one of your own? If no, don't you think that will hurt the community more long term?

Oh please, tough on crime laws have also destroyed the lives of numerous black men that only committed non violent crimes. Many for just selling or even possessing a little weed. The lives of these black boys were destroyed for the same acts white kids in the burbs do everyday.

That is selling out your own if you support such acts.

Dude look at yourself for a second. You are doing this to defend Hillary Clinton, when Hillary Clinton would disagree with your comments in 2017.

I remember reading about a dude whose "3rd strike" was stealing a slice of pizza from vendor. Automatic life in CA :sick:

• During a previous interview, Anthony Scaramucci suggested there was an ulterior motive behind Vice President Mike Pence's recent hire
  • Nick Ayers, a political campaign strategist with little to no federal government experience, was hired as Pence's chief of staff last mont
  • Pence railed against reporting that he was preparing for a 2020 presidential run, calling it "disgraceful and offensive"
"Why do you think Nick's there, bro?" Scaramucci said. "Are you stupid?"

"Why is Nick there?" Scaramucci asked. "Nick's there to protect the vice president because the vice president can't believe what the f--- is going on."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/anthony-scaramucci-dropped-bombshell-claim-044216733.html

bro...hahah...

Any time someone uses the word "bro", I know I'm going to hate interacting with that person.

I'm confused as to how that's selling out my own.

What's most concerning is that quote came from one of the supposed 'cooler' heads in the admin, Mattis. Dudes are playing with fire by stooping to NK's level of bluster

H2h3az3n_400x400.jpg

Must be a coincidence that the destabilizing rhetoric on NK has come around at the same time...

Yeah, I would not have mentioned a war crime in my public statement.
This is why libbies never win against da dictators. If you don't directly threaten their countries and lives, they'll never know we're srs. Look at Obummer, he let Bin Laden and Hitler attack the United States and didn't do a damb thing to retaliate and show them how big Mericas hands are! Da coal mines were dead, da economy was in shambles, and our freedoms weren't free! But now with Dapper Daddy Don, da COOOAAAALLL TRAIN has da passing lane power, da economy is da bees knees, and da gloves don't even fit Mericas size XL hands! And if Kim Jong Loser wants this nuclear fade, da COOOAAALLLLL TRAIN will ride that bomb into Koreatown with our hat in hand, waving like da'Merican flag, B

North Koreans are taught from the youngest age that Americans are savages who wish to wipe them off the face of the planet.
They have an entire museum dedicated to an atrocity that only they claim happened and was supposedly committed by America.
They have propaganda on the walls of their schools depicting Americans in barbaric fashion. They play games where they stab American soldiers.

Threatening to destroy the country and it's people with fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen plays right into the North Korean regime's hands.

Back
Top Bottom