***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It is clearly a difficult time for these businesses (and I would love a haircut!) but the really irresponsible part of that is that it is a great vector for disease spread - multiple people sitting in the same chairs in close proximity in an environment wholly unsuitable for decontamination.

I keep having to have similar discussions with my work and people wanting to do things that are fairly trivial relative to the risk of someone dying - mine is a hardline stance but it’s ludicrous to think any other way when that is the stakes.

Dude I work with had his wife in a few weeks ago to cut peoples hair and without explicitly saying so, I basically said "what the hell is wrong with you?"

But if you're not alive and don't have access to a functioning brain, how are you able to differentiate between which things are important and which aren't to begin with?

Philosoraptor-PNG-Photos.png

I haven’t been following this. What’s happening with Kim Jong Un?
He missed a national holiday honoring his grandfather due to an illness. Then word came out he had heart surgery due to his obesity and heavy smoking.

Now supposedly he isn't recovering well from the heart surgery and many are speculating that he's either just fine or he's near death.

He recently had surgery, one report said it was on his heart.

Reports coming from intelligence in that region are reporting that he's not recovering and in 'very bad shape'

then a reporter slipped on twitter today and said he was brain dead, and immediately got attacked and deleted it. she didnt supply any sources or anything in the post, so it could've been speculation...could've been legit. time will tell.

Brazil has entered the chat

OG is out here coughing into his palms, shaking hands, and kissing babies at a reopening rally.

credit where due tho, he promised to ¨take it like a man.¨

word on the Internet superhighway is that dude is brain dead after a botched cardiovascular surgery.

sadly, the head surgeon will have killed himself as well.

As I've said many times, I have the privilege of being able to earn from home. I will continue to do that. I think many in this thread enjoy that same luxury.

If I didn't have that privilege, and I needed to leave from home to earn/sustain, then I probably would. I imagine that is the same for most people.
So you also have the privilege of being able to dodge the significant number of negative consequences that come as a result of having the people you support in power.

"I'm absolutely not a man of the people"

The one thing you learn when living in a castle and looking down at the mass of peasants everyday is to not stoke their envy.

Tucker with the knowledge!

It is scary how easily he misdirects the anger and frustration of millions of Americans every night. Thankfully, we have our own anti-BS vaccine here in the person of dwalk31 dwalk31 . Thank you for your service.

now obviously, the answer is [davechappellepopcopy.gif]. I know that.

...but let´s pretend it´s not.

what is the justification for not giving as many people as possible access to emergency funds in this scenario?

would these poorest of the poor not IMMEDIATELY pour these funds back into the economy, having no choice?

no offense to any present company who may have stashed or invested their stimulus funds, but isn´t a significant portion of the rationale behind issuing these payments in the first place lubricating the economy?

disadvantaged people MUST convert the credits to goods and services immediately...so why not provide them?

Back
Top Bottom