***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Texas and Florida will go to trump. There’s no arguing that. Millions of votes will end up in the garbage and the people in charge made sure it’ll be legal

I’ve had to continuously contact the people from the Florida elections because they keep screwing up my mail in ballot. I got an email on the 5th stating my ballot was being sent out. I never got it so I called and was told there was no record of me requesting a mail in ballot. They supposedly are sending it out now but I’m skeptical if I’ll ever get it.

I’ve had to continuously contact the people from the Florida elections because they keep screwing up my mail in ballot. I got an email on the 5th stating my ballot was being sent out. I never got it so I called and was told there was no record of me requesting a mail in ballot. They supposedly are sending it out now but I’m skeptical if I’ll ever get it.
I’m registered to vote in Oklahoma. I could of registered in Maryland but I’ll be in OKC in November. They’ve misspelled my name multiple times on my voter card which I had to fix. I’m sure when it comes time to count my vote they’ll find something wrong. State is arguable the most red in the country and I’m still voting

Trump making true what was satirized just yesterday:

JANESVILLE, WI (The Borowitz Report)—Calling New Zealand’s Prime Minister “crooked and rigged,” Donald J. Trump accused Jacinda Ardern of competently handling the coronavirus pandemic in order to get reëlected.

Speaking at a rally in Wisconsin, Trump called Ardern’s use of public-health measures to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus on her nation “a sleazy political move like you wouldn’t believe.”

“This woman wanted to get reëlected, so she decided to go after the coronavirus and beat it,” he said. “This woman is a disgrace.”

Ramping up his attack on Ardern, Trump accused her of securing her election victory by “listening to scientists.”

“She was talking to scientists every day,” Trump charged. “It’s all going to come out when we see her e-mails.”

In a final denunciation of Ardern’s successful handling of the pandemic, Trump vowed, “You’ll never see me pulling something like that.”

I’ve never seen/heard anyone have so much fixation on e-mails :rofl:

The amount of people who make under $100k who are telling me Biden is wildin for his 62% over $400k income tax proposal is mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as the fact they don't understand basic taxes and that if you make $450k you'd get taxed 62% on the $50k not your entire income.

Last edited:
The amount of people who make under $100k who are telling me Biden is wildin for his 62% over $400k income tax proposal is mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as the fact they don't understand basic taxes and that if you make $450k you'd get tax 62% on the $50k not your entire income.

I mean Biden doesn’t even set the state rates. He would just move the highest marginal federal rate from 37% to 39.6% which was the rate in effect under Obama.

That whole article is ****ing stupid because one, it doesn’t consider the deductibility of state taxes on the federal tax return, and two, Biden has no policy say in individual state rates just as trump doesn’t have a say now.

Like the biggest tax hike in Biden’s plan is effectively eliminating the cap on payroll tax contributions which is what that article is basically using as the basis for its effective tax rate increase but those taxes aren’t typically included in the calculation of ones effective tax rate and frankly it’s bull**** that those making over 138k don’t pay the same payroll tax as the rest of us.

The article also doesn’t include a potential benefit those making more thank $400k a year would get from the repeal of the $10k state and local tax deduction cap which would largely offset some of this and is a proposal Biden has supported.

TL/DR version is it’s republican sky is falling scare tactics as usual.

I mean Biden doesn’t even set the state rates. He would just move the highest marginal federal rate from 37% to 39.6% which was the rate in effect under Obama.

That whole article is ****ing stupid because one, it doesn’t consider the deductibility of state taxes on the federal tax return, and two, Biden has no policy say in individual state rates just as trump doesn’t have a say now.

Like the biggest tax hike in Biden’s plan is effectively eliminating the cap on payroll tax contributions which is what that article is basically using as the basis for its effective tax rate increase but those taxes aren’t typically included in the calculation of ones effective tax rate and frankly it’s bull**** that those making over 138k don’t pay the same payroll tax as the rest of us.

The article also doesn’t include a potential benefit those making more thank $400k a year would get from the repeal of the $10k state and local tax deduction cap which would largely offset some of this and is a proposal Biden has supported.

TL/DR version is it’s republican sky is falling scare tactics as usual.

Pretty much goes back to what Delk said about Trump supporters being too stupid to be able to comprehend things that adults typically know

It's too bad 50 cent doesn't have C-note in his life to explain to him what Upptempo Upptempo and junglejim junglejim are saying.

One of the biggest issues when it comes to politics is the lack of a middle media group that's popular enough for everyone to read what's happening on both sides. A lot of people in this thread are knowledgeable enough on politics to read a couple articles from different sources before coming to a conclusion.

Conservatives read their usual OANN, NY Post, Faux News, and Liberals read CNN, NY Times, etc and come to a final thought without looking at it from a different perspective. You know a site like Fox News will leave out a lot of specifics to make the Biden proposal seem insane.

I too had a moment in my life when I overestimated a person's ability and intellegence. Thankfully, that moment has passed.

The amount of people who make under $100k who are telling me Biden is wildin for his 62% over $400k income tax proposal is mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as the fact they don't understand basic taxes and that if you make $450k you'd get taxed 62% on the $50k not your entire income.

Back
Top Bottom