***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’ll be honest, climate change is important but it’s the least of my worries with a bunch of religious fanatics about to take power.
they are gonna strip the EPA of its power to enforce environmental laws

That one has been on the to-do list of the conservative right for decades as well

mya9ifcz49x81.jpg

You guys read Freakonomics? Violent Crime dropped after Roe v. Wade ruling because mothers in terrible situations were allowed to get abortions, and those children didn't grow up and become criminals themselves in the late 80's to early 90's and beyond. I think this is some 20-year plan by the GOP to cause violent crime rates to soar again in 15 years . Then GOP will enact tougher laws to convict and imprison black and brown people. It's inevitable that white people will eventually lose control and this is the last shot they have at gaining and keeping control, another form of voter suppression and subjugation.

Last edited:
The longer the US legislature avoids the question of rewriting its constitution or the grounds on which it is meant to be interpreted, the harder it will be to keep this country together. Some people clearly want to live like it's the 1700s, and others clearly don't.

Scary times indeed...

You guys read Freakonomics? Violent Crime dropped after Roe v. Wade ruling because mothers in terrible situations were allowed to get abortions, and those children didn't grow up and become criminals themselves in the late 80's to early 90's and beyond. I think this is some 20-year plan by the GOP to cause violent crime rates to soar again in 15 years . Then GOP will enact tougher laws to convict and imprison black and brown people. It's inevitable that white people will eventually lose control and this is the last shot they have at gaining and keeping control, another form of voter suppression and subjugation.

And with the prevalence of contraceptives, abortion rates have been on a steady decline for decades. Teen pregnancies are way down as well. So, naturally, the next thing they'll go after is contraceptives. No birth control, no condoms, nothing. This is why it has always been about punishing and shaming women for the act of having sex.

Rt

FYI - Much of the work in Freakonomics has received thoughtful criticism from experts in the relevant fields. The abortion crime link may be one of the more commonly disputed results.

I won’t claim to be able to settle the disagreements as none of this is my field, but the counter arguments are largely compelling.

“Fortunately” you don’t need worsened crime to argue that this is a terrible thing.

Rt

FYI - Much of the work in Freakonomics has received thoughtful criticism from experts in the relevant fields. The abortion crime link may be one of the more commonly disputed results.

I won’t claim to be able to settle the disagreements as none of this is my field, but the counter arguments are largely compelling.

“Fortunately” you don’t need worsened crime to argue that this is a terrible thing.

About 10+ years ago, teen birth rates dropped off a cliff. They'd been in steady decline since the early 1990s, but in 2010 it started dropping precipitously. Many people believe "16 & Pregnant" and "Teen Mom" played a role in the decline. It's impossible to prove, but there is a very strong correlation.

The funny thing about this is the left and right are equally far from center in all 3 images but somehow the left if the one running away from the center.

The truth is Elon was "left" when he had to suck Obama's **** for $450m to keep Tesla from going bankrupt. Now he's the richest man in the world and wants the right to let him keep all of his money bc that's what they do. He only cares about himself.

You’re right IATT IATT . They’re already here. Same sex marriage being walked back doesn’t seem far away. So many people seem shocked. They’re the same who were shocked at the events of 1/6. Couldn’t have been paying attention.
the fact that its even being discussed to walk back is a cause for concern :lol:

america brazy

Back
Top Bottom