***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I can’t believe my people really are bringing back the son of dictator Ferdinand Marcos back into office as president . It’s like they have a glutton for punishment and everyone suffers smh

I
I can’t believe my people really are bringing back the son of dictator Ferdinand Marcos back into office as president . It’s like they have a glutton for punishment and everyone suffers smh

I seen the piece that John Oliver did in his show last night. I can’t believe that people are really willing to give him a chance

given that nothing has happened to ginni and/or her husband, them people clearly already got enough protection

and that’s on top of that rapist not being properly investigated
Nah.

We just haven't reached the critical mass of people who are fed up with the GOP bull****.

People are more worried about the cost of living right now, and republican legislatures are only talking (and only those who are tuned into politics are paying attention). Wait until people find out they can't safely smash. Between the reduced ability to work, the extra medical visits/cost of birth, and an extra mouth to take care of, having an unwanted kid is a pocketbook issue.

I just don't think we're going back to the 1920s, not because the GOP isn't crazy enough to follow through on their threats, but because the flow of information is too great and unrestricted to disallow massive protests if these bozos actually sign all these stupid bills into laws.

Nah.

We just haven't reached the critical mass of people who are fed up with the GOP bull****.

People are more worried about the cost of living right now, and republican legislatures are only talking (and only those who are tuned into politics are paying attention). Wait until people find out they can't safely smash. Between the reduced ability to work, the extra medical visits/cost of birth, and an extra mouth to take care of, having an unwanted kid is a pocketbook issue.

I just don't think we're going back to the 1920s, not because the GOP isn't crazy enough to follow through on their threats, but because the flow of information is too great and unrestricted to disallow massive protests if these bozos actually sign all these stupid bills into laws.

at this point, what’s going stop any of the things we know are going happen.. shh the stuff that is already happening

it’s only a matter of time

outside of trump dying, what’s stopping any of this?

Last edited:
ZROS_AAaJ89VGuEmYxTb35M1vHigEts8lAe-OO3Ca6c.jpg

at this point, what’s going stop any of the things we are going happen

it’s only a matter of time

outside of trump dying, what’s stopping any of this?
This goes beyond Trump.

I know you know about the soapbox, the ballot box, and the ammo box.

We are witnessing an effort to repeal rights that have given large swaths of the US population access to an unprecedented level of economic autonomy.

When enough people on the receiving end of the GOP ****ery figure out that they can't talk to the GOP to moderate themselves, and they can't get adequate protection from the opposing Democratic party, what do you think they'll do? Lay down and take it?

This goes beyond Trump.

I know you know about the soapbox, the ballot box, and the ammo box.

We are witnessing an effort to repeal rights that have given large swaths of the US population access to an unprecedented level of economic autonomy.

When enough people on the receiving end of the GOP ****ery figure out that they can't talk to the GOP to moderate themselves, and they can't get adequate protection from the opposing Democratic party, what do you think they'll do? Lay down and take it?

i agree it goes far beyond trump..

but I think trump is the only sufficiently popular enough figure for them to use as the mechanism for this

don’t know who else the GOP have that can get the cult to this degree.. while also legit having the establishment fall in line while he regularly publicly attacks them to this degree

desantis and Abbott don’t have it.. neither do the legit crazies

but my biggest thing is, I never thought what has already happened would be able to happen as quietly as it has.. seriously think of all the things that have happened and the news has just moved on

even with just desantis in Florida, this Disney stuff is wild.. then you have the pension stuff

A couple of points about the politics surrounding the fallout of the upcoming decision....

-A lot of progressives are lying to themselves about how bad the situation is, and I can tell that because of the amount of time being spent attacking Dem leadership for stuff like "messaging". That is a cope, that only if the Dems maneuver better we can get out of this.

The Republican Party spent decades working on this project, built an entire lobbyist arm to attack the judiciary, spent billions on a grassroots campaign, radicalized an entire voting bloc, stole a presidential election, rigged countless others in their favor, and got lucky. The fix is not easy, the road back is gonna be long and hard.

Even if the Dems drop the filibuster and codified Roe v. Wade today, SCOTUS can just edit their opinion and strike it down as well. To protect reproductive rights, along with many others, the left needs control of the court. Manchin won't even drop the filibuster, he damn sure won't expand the court.

Things are bleak. People should prepare for a long fight, not burn themselves out because they don't see a quick fix coming,

-Second, I don't have an issue with increased security for Justices and their families

BUT

It is funny to me how quickly people became comfortable with the "speech as violence" framework once these elites faced protests outside their homes.

Peaceful protest is an exercise in free speech.

But let conservatives and some liberals tell it that they "foster an environment where some with be emboldened to act out and commit physical violence". That a general sense of hostility might raise the chances of a specific act of violence.

But when a progressive makes a similar argument in relation to say, transgender people, it gets dismissed as far-left campus silliness

Funny how that works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom