***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I can't for the life of me understand any sane person voting for Herschel Walker.

Like flabbergasted. People have lost their damn minds.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 12.26.26 AM.png

If Trump were to run as an independent and go scorched earth in the process it would be fun to watch.

It would be absolutely hilarious if all of a sudden some of the GOP started getting on board with any investigation stuff (if it’s still going on), or even getting on board with it sooner to get him out the paint.

Hell they were initially reluctant to accept/embrace him in 2015/16 when he was pretty much saying the quiet part out loud during all the primaries and stuff. Either way they’re tied to the hip with him and I don’t see him gracefully stepping aside if the GOP wants Desantis to be their guy.

If Trump were to run as an independent and go scorched earth in the process it would be fun to watch.

It would be absolutely hilarious if all of a sudden some of the GOP started getting on board with any investigation stuff (if it’s still going on), or even getting on board with it sooner to get him out the paint.

Hell they were initially reluctant to accept/embrace him in 2015/16 when he was pretty much saying the quiet part out loud during all the primaries and stuff. Either way they’re tied to the hip with him and I don’t see him gracefully stepping aside if the GOP wants Desantis to be their guy.

problem is, dude has dirt and they need the numbers

they were already working on mechanisms to disregard the vote of the people

hell they picked up seats because of blatant gerrymandering

and they run to their judges whenever they need stuff.. inclusive of trump, just look at what happened with the documents he took and that judge

The absolute best thing that could ever happen for the Dems is Trump running as an independent. It'd be a Ross Perot situation on steroids. Perot got 19% of the popular vote in 1992, almost all of which would have gone to Bush. Trump and any GOP candidate would split their votes.

Everyone is always talking about “Staten Island being Trump territory”…..

Staten Island has ALWAYS been red. So that never surprised me.

As for Long Island tho, they were Blue for a long time. Then Trump came in and Long Island went from deep blue to deep red in just 6 years.

The transformation Long Island has made is something I personally have never seen before. They’ve gone bananas.

This Italian chick I used to mess with in college went FULL QAnon when she was always a Lib. Very sad.

LONG ISLAND needs to be shamed.

The absolute best thing that could ever happen for the Dems is Trump running as an independent. It'd be a Ross Perot situation on steroids. Perot got 19% of the popular vote in 1992, almost all of which would have gone to Bush. Trump and any GOP candidate would split their votes.

Was thinking something along those lines. I’m legit curious how much of the MAGA crowds loyalties lie with Trump first over the GOP and how successful he would be in splitting that vote. Especially in swing states. Perot getting that much of the popular vote is crazy looking back.

It does create for an interesting dynamic for 2024 though. Because DeSantis isn’t going to defer to Trump and take a step back when in all likelihood he feels he’s the future of the GOP.

But if Trump pretty much says screw you guys, if I don’t get the nomination, I’m running as an independent, it puts the GOP in an unideal situation. They avoided in in 2016 because he won the nomination outright. But he was making threats of running as an independent in 2016 as well.

just need trump alive

desantis will win florida.. but gotta remember the narrow margins trump won with in ‘16 and that was vs Hillary

obviously republicans had been attacking the Clintons for decades at that point.. plus her being a woman.. and then the announcement of the investigation 2 weeks before election.. Plus had some folks salty over the Bernie thing

trump barely won.. so imagine desantis trying go national with trump repeatedly attacking him

and you still got some of the cult still around and elected so who knows what they do (talking margorie taylor Greene and others)

John Berman just went off on Maricopa County, how Dems lead by 20 points when it was a much slimmer margin in 2020 federal/presidency.

More like under 40. I don’t even pick up the phone if my parents call :blush:

I was saying this with the last election, the old ways of polling always gon be off cuz they not reaching the young folks n a lotta of other demographics…I don’t know anybody my age or even older but from round my way that’s been polled :lol: :smh:

Yea if you talk to 70% of older white folks from the south and Midwest of course you’ll predict a “red wave”

Back
Top Bottom