***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I have a semi-serious question:

Do the suburbs turn people racist?
yes (assuming you're talking about post-war suburbs)

they were built on racism. their whole point was for white people to flee the city because the city is too ethnic. the cost is lots of highways but that comes at the cost of inner cities being cut up. plus they don't care about aesthetics. strip malls and giant parking lots are ok as long as nobody is walking outside in your neighborhood.

I have a semi-serious question:

Do the suburbs turn people racist?

I don’t that they directly turn people racist. But because usually it limits the diversity pool of your neighbors to a particular thinking you become more susceptible to become part of the group think of the place where you live.

And that is the easy way out. For those who haven’t watched, there was a 4 piece documentary in Reagan on showtime last year which I thought was good. One of his sons was interviewed and he said “my dad was a Republican because it was easy, it didn’t require him to think and stay current.” The way right wing media spins things it’s either their way or it’s wrong. They ignore the grey area completely. Where 90% of what’s happening is all grey area.

Scratch this…
I know you deleted but worth pointing out their estimate has been **** from the start. we just need to wait for the final vote count to come in.

Screenshot_20221109-085411.png

South Florida was always the cool and regular place in Florida. As some who went to college and grad school in South Florida I know it very well. Loved it.

The number one reason DeSantis won Palm Beach County, Broward County, and especially Miami-Dade is because Latinos (especially Cubans) have been falling for the misinformation campaign the GOP/Trump have been forcing down their throats the last 6 years.

Cubans now think everyone who aren’t Republicans are communists. It’s ridiculous. They’ve gone off the end a while ago.
Being bilingual in the US is quite the experience, because a lot of **** that wouldn't be put on English speaking airwaves is liberally spread on non-english channels. A lot of propaganda and ugly language evade public scrutiny this way.

Last edited:
yes (assuming you're talking about post-war suburbs)

they were built on racism. their whole point was for white people to flee the city because the city is too ethnic. the cost is lots of highways but that comes at the cost of inner cities being cut up. plus they don't care about aesthetics. strip malls and giant parking lots are ok as long as nobody is walking outside in your neighborhood.
Yeah I remember all the sea lioning about "highways can't be racist" when they were specifically built as access to the suburbs, intentionally displacing some poor and black communities and making it difficult to access for others.

These dudes soft as hell..

how you going get up and say what you said publicly on stage and this the best you got

Back
Top Bottom