***Official Political Discussion Thread***

In non f'ery news

As someone who has suffered from first, Ulcerative Colitis since I was 16 (in 1993) when the medications available were limited by the science of the times, then it turned into Crohn's Disease. Having Stelara be negotiable for people is a MAJOR accomplishment! I know how hard it was for some people who take it in terms of money.

I'm thankful to have great insurance through my wife's work, and it's a $5 copay for me. But I've seen the bill on my CVS app, and the price of the small 90ml injection is just under $24,000! 🤯🤯 Absolutely horrible for those who have to pay out the nose for this medication to help them actually have a somewhat liveable and functionable life (if you don't know what the disease is, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy). But this is a godsend for a lot of folks who struggle with the costs of much needed medications. 👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏

As someone who has suffered from first, Ulcerative Colitis since I was 16 (in 1993) when the medications available were limited by the science of the times, then it turned into Crohn's Disease. Having Stelara be negotiable for people is a MAJOR accomplishment! I know how hard it was for some people who take it in terms of money.

I'm thankful to have great insurance through my wife's work, and it's a $5 copay for me. But I've seen the bill on my CVS app, and the price of the small 90ml injection is just under $24,000! 🤯🤯 Absolutely horrible for those who have to pay out the nose for this medication to help them actually have a somewhat liveable and functionable life (if you don't know what the disease is, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy). But this is a godsend for a lot of folks who struggle with the costs of much needed medications. 👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏
This is major and I am hoping Biden lets this Republican **** show calm down and then announces this officially to get his flowers. I’m not a ride or die Biden fan but this is top tier presidential work.

aepps20 aepps20 breaking character to teach a civics class. :pimp:
By any means necessary fam. I want to do my part to save this country again. Your question was a great one and thank you for asking it. Too many people don't ask because they fear looking dumb but this stuff is incredibly complicated. They get jaded and then start spouting hot takes about both sides that they heard on X or YouTube. Republicans want this and they need us to not see that can't govern effectively and they are graded on a curve. They break it, we fix and then we get blamed for not fixing it fast enough or we get blamed for them breaking it.

All Kev had to do was work with our side to keep his job but he had the nerve to blame us or a shutdown that 90 members of his caucus wanted. Can't negotiate with a liar which Gaetz is actually right about.

c860e548-3e9f-4564-b24c-3d9193c73a4b-News-_118th_Session_Of_Congress_Begins_132.JPG
This was 9 months ago btw 😅

I had c diff colitis back when I was a first year associate back in 09 after I took antibiotics for a tooth infection. We were in the great recession and I was one of the fortunate ones that had a job in a law firm. Fearing for my career and my ability to pay my student loans I didn't take any time off. One of the many reasons I love my parents is that they essentially allowed me to come back home where they nursed me back to health. I took a wide variety of medications, probiotics and other things. I lost so much weight and I still suffer from some of the effects (I have to watch what I eat for flare-ups). I wouldn't wish colitis on anyone and I am glad you received the help you need.

This Trump Arc has been magnificent so far. Are we nearing the end?

Sadly no because a whole bunch of them want to nominate him for the Speaker role. Yeah, let's let a man with 91 felonies, who's on bail in 4 jurisdictions because he has 4 indictments to his name be the bleeping speaker! These GOP morons are INSANE!! And flat out stupid!

I had c diff colitis back when I was a first year associate back in 09 after I took antibiotics for a tooth infection. We were in the great recession and I was one of the fortunate ones that had a job in a law firm. Fearing for my career and my ability to pay my student loans I didn't take any time off. One of the many reasons I love my parents is that they essentially allowed me to come back home where they nursed me back to health. I took a wide variety of medications, probiotics and other things. I lost so much weight and I still suffer from some of the effects (I have to watch what I eat for flare-ups). I wouldn't wish colitis on anyone and I am glad you received the help you need.

Thanks buddy. I'm not out of the woods yet. Stelara was my 3rd different biologic, with Entyvio and Humara being the prior 2. The first two didn't do anything. Stelara helped some, but the insides were still as inflamed as if I wasn't taking anything at all. I've just gotten my 2nd infusion of Skyrizi. And I gotta say, I feel it's helping. Got one more infusion at the end of this month then I go on self injections. So we'll see.

I feel you about having parents like that and also losing so much weight. When I was diagnosed in 1993, with UC, I was in 10th grade and had NO CLUE what was wrong. Horrible GI doctor locally so we went down to Philly and they all have been amazing for the past 30 years. But I was so bad for the 10 years with UC, that all I ate, and I kid you not, was grilled chicken and white rice. That was all I could tolerate. And at my worst, I was about 130 (I'm 6" and should be at least 160 when I was 24). Finally bit the bullet and had J-Pouch surgery which removed my entire small intestine, and some of the end of the inside to rid me of the disease. Was not happy with a bag, but it was temporary. But all the while, selling cars and my folks never pressured me to leave home.

But between the two surgeries (when they take off the bag and reconnect everything to the man-made colon, I had some jaundice. Once that cleared, I could have the 2nd part. And I was pretty decent for the foreseeable timeframe. But 2002 and such my liver started to fail and I needed a transplant. Put on the list Sept 2 2003 (my birthday) and got the call on October 7th 2003 to come down to Penn. They saved my life! And come Saturday it will be 20 years for me since I had it done. One of the longest surviving transplant patients for liver in the hospital.

But again, my parents never made me leave. I actually didn't move out till around 2006 or so, as I moved in with my sister and her (now ex) husband. That was a monumental mistake financially (getting taken for $10k from your sister to help them buy a home that I was actually on with him as I had good income, and was supposed to get it all back when I moved out, which I didn't, is why I say NEVER do business with family. I to this day won't talk to her, but I digress).

These diseases that most have no concept of how bad and how debilitating they can be really hurt the lives of those who suffer. My boss at the dealership laughed it off for years, until he saw how skinny I was before my surgery. He really backed off after my transplant and finally allowed me to work as I could (meaning I'm not going on test drives as I couldn't be away from the bathroom). This is no way to live. So for this medication to be more widely available is GINORMOUS for so many people who suffer in silence.

Glad you are doing well buddy. I know how flare-ups can be. Much love and healthy living to you. 🙏🙏🙏

Thanks buddy. I'm not out of the woods yet. Stelara was my 3rd different biologic, with Entyvio and Humara being the prior 2. The first two didn't do anything. Stelara helped some, but the insides were still as inflamed as if I wasn't taking anything at all. I've just gotten my 2nd infusion of Skyrizi. And I gotta say, I feel it's helping. Got one more infusion at the end of this month then I go on self injections. So we'll see.

I feel you about having parents like that and also losing so much weight. When I was diagnosed in 1993, with UC, I was in 10th grade and had NO CLUE what was wrong. Horrible GI doctor locally so we went down to Philly and they all have been amazing for the past 30 years. But I was so bad for the 10 years with UC, that all I ate, and I kid you not, was grilled chicken and white rice. That was all I could tolerate. And at my worst, I was about 130 (I'm 6" and should be at least 160 when I was 24). Finally bit the bullet and had J-Pouch surgery which removed my entire small intestine, and some of the end of the inside to rid me of the disease. Was not happy with a bag, but it was temporary. But all the while, selling cars and my folks never pressured me to leave home.

But between the two surgeries (when they take off the bag and reconnect everything to the man-made colon, I had some jaundice. Once that cleared, I could have the 2nd part. And I was pretty decent for the foreseeable timeframe. But 2002 and such my liver started to fail and I needed a transplant. Put on the list Sept 2 2003 (my birthday) and got the call on October 7th 2003 to come down to Penn. They saved my life! And come Saturday it will be 20 years for me since I had it done. One of the longest surviving transplant patients for liver in the hospital.

But again, my parents never made me leave. I actually didn't move out till around 2006 or so, as I moved in with my sister and her (now ex) husband. That was a monumental mistake financially (getting taken for $10k from your sister to help them buy a home that I was actually on with him as I had good income, and was supposed to get it all back when I moved out, which I didn't, is why I say NEVER do business with family. I to this day won't talk to her, but I digress).

These diseases that most have no concept of how bad and how debilitating they can be really hurt the lives of those who suffer. My boss at the dealership laughed it off for years, until he saw how skinny I was before my surgery. He really backed off after my transplant and finally allowed me to work as I could (meaning I'm not going on test drives as I couldn't be away from the bathroom). This is no way to live. So for this medication to be more widely available is GINORMOUS for so many people who suffer in silence.

Glad you are doing well buddy. I know how flare-ups can be. Much love and healthy living to you. 🙏🙏🙏
Very proud of you and I remember you talking about your story in the car thread. Stay blessed and keep on being great.

IMG_2122.jpeg

This was that same night. Rogers wanted to put paws on Matt. Bet dudes that held him back wish they hadn't.
:sick: . You put your hand over my mouth trying to stop me, now we fighting. I've seen too many people walk right out of the public restroom without washing their hands

I leave the country and in the first damb day this **** happens? :lol: I was wondering why my portfolio fell so hard

Back
Top Bottom