***Official Political Discussion Thread***

God's plan

doing the lawd’s work

1696448288558.gif

He has something new to say

That 125,000 people are getting relief
Everything is a number until it happens to you.

$125,000 is like the tip of the iceberg. This issue is not a winning issue for him unless he can do something for the majority of people. That’s why the original $20k plan was a big deal. I’m not saying he should stop but like KG said in uncut Gems. “Why the **** would you show me it if I can’t have it”.

Everything is a number until it happens to you.

$125,000 is like the tip of the iceberg. This issue is not a winning issue for him unless he can do something for the majority of people. That’s why the original $20k plan was a big deal.
You really need to get over this

Biden didn't screw you over. You can't expect him not to talk about helping tens of thousands of people because of your individual petty grievance.

C'mon now

You really need to get over this

Biden didn't screw you over. You can't expect him not to talk about helping tens of thousands of people because of your individual petty grievance.

C'mon now
I’m not getting over anything and based on my conversations with others they aren’t either. So I stand by my assessment.

In a country where people can’t see the value or feel happy for other people getting $200 to feed their starving children from the government. Do you think anyone is genuinely like “I like Biden because he got loan forgiveness for other people”?

It’s a good thing he is doing but no it’s not a winning issue for him to be messaging on.

Tim Burchett's most memorable political moment is threatening Matt with cameras watching to end the speakership vote debacle. Why would McCarthy piss him off when he needs him again? Burchett, Dems, anyone that could've helped him he was rude or dismissive towards.

I’m not getting over anything and based on my conversations with others they aren’t either. So I stand by my assessment.
And you assessment is still seems wrong and is petty.

In a country where people can’t see the value or feel happy for other people getting $200 to feed their starving children from the government. Do you think anyone is genuinely like “I like Biden because he got loan forgiveness for other people”?

Forgiving student loans wasn't a winning issue either. There wasn't any real indication of large scale forgiveness tipping the scales for Biden.

It was the morally right thing to do, and Biden tried to do it.

With all due respect, this politics angle just seems like a convenient way to give cover to your irrational anger toward Biden for what SCOTUS did.

It’s a good thing he is doing but no it’s not a winning issue for him to be messaging on.
You have no evidence of this beyond your own feelings and anecdotal evidence

What is even his "messaging" anyway? Putting out standard press releases and telling people that he is gonna try to help as many borrowers that he legally can. That is really a message that is gonna hurt him? I find that hard to believe

Either way, Joe Biden can't message his way out of the economic issues pulling his polling numbers down.

Last edited:
Wargames Wargames , BTW, your own logic undercuts your argument

Most people in the US don't have student loan debt

If Biden had been able to accomplish large scale forgiveness, if he would ha e messaged on that he would still be telling the majority (people without student debt) he helped the minority (people with debt).

I know Wargames Wargames is passionate about the forgiveness issue and I respect that he cares. I will say the same thing I did when the corrupt court struck it down and that is that getting mad at Joe or Democrats won't help. He accused me of not knowing what forgiveness would mean for folks and that a message of being proactive in the political process instead of giving into right wing talking points about Joe was insensitive.

If preventing another 4 years of Trump isn't a winning issue then what is?

And you assessment is still seems wrong and is petty.

Forgiving student loans wasn't a winning issue either. There wasn't any real indication of large scale forgiveness tipping the scales for Biden.

It was the morally right thing to do, and Biden tried to do it.

With all due respect, this politics angle just seems like a convenient way to give cover to your irrational anger toward Biden and this situation.

You have no evidence of this beyond your own feelings and anecdotal evidence

What is even his "messaging" anyway? Putting out standard press releases and telling people that he is gonna try to help as many borrowers that he legally can. That is really a message that is gonna hurt him? I find that hard to believe

Either way, Joe Biden can't message his way out of the economic issues pulling his polling numbers down.
Show me the poll where this is a strong issue for Biden. Any poll at all post the SC decision where people are like “Biden’s loan forgiveness is a plus with me”.

I know someone who got 70k forgiven and I had to sit there and explain into detail how Biden forgave his debt by reopening a complaint case he had made years prior and just letting it expire. Even the process that he is “forgiving” the debt in is convoluted and the letters don’t have his name on it since in many cases he is uses administrative protocol to let it be “forgiven” and the letters can’t just say that when it explains that debt is forgiven.

This guy went from a Trump supporter to a Biden supporter after I sat there and explained it because it went from being numbers to being about his own debt.

Also, politics are and will always be petty, me pointing to that doesn’t make me wrong. I’m not saying stop doing it but messaging on it like what he is doing is either intuitive or seen as a plus by most people is not a wise move.
I know Wargames Wargames is passionate about the forgiveness issue and I respect that he cares. I will say the same thing I did when the corrupt court struck it down and that is that getting mad at Joe or Democrats won't help. He accused me of not knowing what forgiveness would mean for folks and that a message of being proactive in the political process instead of giving into right wing talking points about Joe was insensitive.

If preventing another 4 years of Trump isn't a winning issue then what is?
yeah the Supreme Court did Biden dirty and are the reason it did not go through but it made everyone look bad because Biden told them he could do it.

It’s not a strong issue for Biden. You can’t run on, “well the Supreme Court struck it down” and then start talking about the results from the piecemeal plan you had in place before it got struck down. It’s ignoring the issue that he showed a bunch of people some **** they had to apply for and never got.

Last edited:
Show me the poll where this is a strong issue for Biden. Any poll at all post the SC decision where people are like “Biden’s loan forgiveness is a plus with me”.
I am not making the claim it is a winning issue. I am not making any claims about the impact of his messaging around this issue will have on the 2024 election.

YOU ARE.

I am simply not buying your claims

You are the one making the claim, without any evidence beyond your own feelings and stuff you heard. So it is not on me to disprove your claim.

The burden of proof is in you.

I know someone who got 70k forgiven and I had to sit there and explain into detail how Biden forgave his debt by reopening a complaint case he had made years prior and just letting it expire. Even the process that he is “forgiving” the debt in is convoluted and the letters don’t have his name on it since in many cases he is uses administrative protocol to let it be “forgiven” and the letters can’t just say that when it explains that debt is forgiven.

Why is this even important?

You know someone that got 70k forgiven that would not have been if Trump is in office.

Biden is using the means available to him to help people

Good.

Last edited:
I am not making the claim it is a winning issue. I am not making any claims about the impact of his messaging around this issue will have on the 2024 election.

YOU ARE.

I am simply not buying your claims

You are the one making the claim, without any evidence beyond your own feelings and stuff you heard. So it is not on me to disprove your claim.

The burden of proof is in you.

Why is this even important?

You know someone that got 70k forgiven that would not have been if Trump is in office.

Biden is using the means available to him to help people

Good.
Regarding debt forgiveness generally, these numbers don't scream "winning issue" to me...

But like I said when Biden's plan was first announced, it didn't need to be.

It was the morally right thing to do.
so yeah I am standing by what I said earlier. I am not saying don’t do it, but it’s not something to hype up & probably should be done quietly. I brought up my friend because I don’t think it’s even a winning issue with the people being helped because of how he is doing it. If he wants to drop numbers save it for the debate with Trump.

Biden just wisely made a push to use radio to campaign in black and Latino neighborhoods… hopefully he’ll pick a better topic to bring up than this. I’m far from the only person triggered on this topic.

Since we're going to pin this argument on what President Biden can do for me personally and how that makes me feel, I'll say this: the recent announcements may not have changed my bottom line, but they signal to me that he's still trying despite the losses at the Supreme Court. I hear "you're next" instead of "not you."

Another Biden win gets another 4 more years of of the DoE whittling away at this. And the stakes are so high Aepps is right, 4 years of more Trump is enough without needing to say more.

Edit: and this is coming from someone who is luke warm on Biden personally, but respect where it is due.

This man can’t be this dumb not to know how this will play out

just glad certain dems will realize about these people

Student loans would be easier to stomach if there was no interest.

I feel like he should go after that. What could you even be mad at? “Dumb libs aren’t paying the banks enough?”

Back
Top Bottom