***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is how you know they don't care very much about the practical implications of banning abortion. It's not just the bus ticket you're paying; it's also accomodations and transportation (and that goes for all patients who have to undergo medical procedures that are not offered locally).

They are religiously driven. And speaking of religious figures dropping edicts on medical ****, the Pope just declared surrogacy evil. The clowns won't stop at abortion.

This is how you know they don't care very much about the practical implications of banning abortion. It's not just the bus ticket you're paying; it's also accomodations and transportation (and that goes for all patients who have to undergo medical procedures that are not offered locally).

They are religiously driven. And speaking of religious figures dropping edicts on medical ****, the Pope just declared surrogacy evil. The clowns won't stop at abortion.

Everything is a punishment for noncompliance

And people are joking themselves if they thing they’ll stop at any point

You can already see the suggestions about tracking the information of women and punishing women who leave the state to receive a procedure elsewhere

You can already see how multiple republican states are disregarding things people voted for

In case you thought sexual predators and closeted politicians are a new phenomenon of American politics:

James Henry Hammond (November 15, 1807 – November 13, 1864) was an American attorney, politician, and planter. He served as a United States representative from 1835 to 1836, the 60th Governor of South Carolina from 1842 to 1844, and a United States senator from 1857 to 1860. A slave owner, he is considered one of the strongest supporters of slavery in the years before the American Civil War.

Hammond's Secret and Sacred Diaries (not published until 1989) described, without embarrassment, his sexual abuse[1] over two years of four teenage nieces, daughters of his sister-in-law Ann Fitzsimmons and her husband Wade Hampton II.[1][10] He blamed his behavior on what he described as the seductiveness of the "extremely affectionate" young women.[1] The scandal "derailed his political career" for a decade to come after Wade Hampton III publicly accused him in 1843 when Hammond was governor.[11] He was "ostracized by polite society" for some time, but in the late 1850s, he was nonetheless elected by the state legislature as a U.S. senator.[12]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Hammond#cite_note-kolchin-12
Hammond's damage to the girls was far-reaching. Their social prospects were destroyed. Considered to have tarnished social reputations as a result of his behavior, none of the four ever married.[1]

Hammond was known to have repeatedly raped two female slaves, one of whom may have been his own daughter. He raped the first slave, Sally Johnson, when she was 18 years old.[1] Such behavior was not uncommon among white men of power at the time; their mixed-race children were born into slavery and remained there unless the fathers took action to free them.[12] Later, Hammond raped Sally Johnson's daughter, Louisa, who was a year old baby when he bought her mother. The first rape apparently occurred when Louisa was 12; she also bore several of his children.

His wife left him for a few years after he repeatedly raped the enslaved girl, taking their own children with her. She later returned to her husband.[1]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Hammond#cite_note-brown-1
In the late 20th century, historians learned that Hammond as a young man had a homosexual relationship with a college friend, Thomas Jefferson Withers, which is attested by two sexually explicit letters sent from Withers to Hammond in 1826. The letters, which are held among the Hammond Papers at the University of South Carolina, were first published by researcher Martin Duberman in 1981; they are notable as rare documentary evidence of same-sex relationships in the antebellum United States.[13]

He went on Fox News and said he regretted endorsing Biden in 2020.

He also said wouldn't endorse any candidate this time around.

While I think he should have kept his mouth shut regarding Biden, The Rock is probably doing the Taylor Swift thing where they're not going to endorse a candidate as they have tons of fans on both sides of the aisle. Taylor will never endorse a candidate because it will hurt her brand. Same with him.

help regular people it's vote buying

take money for them to vote a certain way to favor corporations it's lobbying

While I think he should have kept his mouth shut regarding Biden, The Rock is probably doing the Taylor Swift thing where they're not going to endorse a candidate as they have tons of fans on both sides of the aisle. Taylor will never endorse a candidate because it will hurt her brand. Same with him.
i thought she endorsed him in 2020?

She endorsed Biden in 2020. Plus I can pretty much guess that the MAGA crowd doesn't listen to her music, so she isn't worried about alienating them.

I get The Rock not liking certain aspects of "woke" culture, I'm the same. But after all the things Trump and his MAGA cult have done, I can't see how this is even worth mentioning. MAGA is clearly the worse of two evils and it's not even close. Weird that stuff doesn't bother him.

Back
Top Bottom