***Official Political Discussion Thread***

elpablo21 elpablo21 you see the same bull**** we talk about happening again.

:smh: :lol:

2022: Student Loan forgiveness proposals are brought up, Some Forgiven, GOP attempts to block most forgiveness efforts through the courts.

2023: Student Loan forgiveness proposals are brought up, some Forgiven, GOP actively still attempting to block most forgiveness efforts through the courts

2024: New forgiveness proposal to help more people is announced. GOP ready to take any further efforts back to court.

"Why is Joe Biden only bringing this up now in an election year? Stay woke. Vote RFK"
aga.png

Last edited:
This plan has been in the works since the Supreme Court struck down the last plan

This is not an executive order like the last plan, this one uses a different law and went through rule making. A process that takes many months to a year.

The Department of Education fast tracked it in hopes of getting through legal challenges so they can forgive the loans in case Trump wins

The timing of this has everything to do with the last plan being struck down.

Student loan forgiveness is not widely popular or an election winner.

Biden is spending political capital on something he didn't even promise doing in the first place
Plan seems like trash, I most likely won’t benefit. Just forgive my loans and call it a day. I

Back
Top Bottom